Elemental Hit

Power Siphon 125% damage effectiveness puts it at a better place for an elemental wand based build with average stuff (basically, Wrath + Anger alone)
Just about every single target melee and bow skill has better mana cost and can still maintain a lesser cost than EH, when linked. Meaning just about any other skill in those categories can gain far more damage than EH can ever get.

Only skills that are comparable in cost still are better: Cyclone, Explosive Arrow, Poison Arrow.

AND they all are AOE skills, while EH is single target... Man that's just lame...
"Nope, it is GGG's game/they choose to let you play/can at any moment prohibit you from playing" ~ Mazul
"GGG definitely has the power to 'tell' me how to play it.

In the end, the only real choice I, you, we have is, is whether we play or not at all." ~ CharanJaydemyr
3 words are enough to describe Elemental Hit:
Stupid and Underpowered.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
I've been playing around with Elemental Hit on one of my characters and I can say that the damage to mana ratio is just bonkers on this skill. Been using a simple 4-Link and linked it with Multisrike, Melee Splash and a 20q Added Lightning. This brings the mana cost up to 120 per use, since I'm using Multistrike I'm spending 120 mana to attack 3 times which takes about 0.69 seconds, so I'm spending almost 180 mana per second in 4-Link with hardly any additional attack speed.

I've been using Thief's Torment(+15 mana on hit) to sustain it up until now but it's starting to get to the point where if I desync or there is only one monster to hit I'm OOM and need to wait for 3 sec to cast it again.

Either make it not cost such a ridiculous amount of mana or(the better choice imo) make it have something innately "good" like penetrating 1.5% elemental resists per level of the skill since trying to link this with Fire Penetration ends up being useless one third of the time and same with the other penetrations, I suppose they could also add a "Ele Pen" support but that wouldn't help Ele Hit as much as it would help other builds.

Letting it penetrate some resistances along with reducing the mana cost from a silly 32 to perhaps a bit more reasonable 25 at gem level 20 would go a REALLY long way towards becoming Americas Next Top Model.
Halve mana cost
Using a bow with this skill right now, it seems powerful but it has no visual effects other than the elemental maladies of its impact. It just looks like a normal attack other than that. Please jazz this up with some distinct graphics!
In the morning
Laughing happy fish heads
In the evening
Floating in the soup
Will GGG ever fix the tooltips so it can actually calculate how much damage it's doing? It would be nice to see which supports or passives work best (least worst?) with it rather than guessing off my own calculations.

Yeah, yeah, it does a magic invisible extra hit of added damage right before normal damage is calculated. Fix that. Work around it. Use made up numbers in the damage calculation. I don't care.

The skill is already useless. Might as well show us how useless it is.
It's worth noting that +2 maps are a dangerous thing.
They can cause players to get out of their depth -
playing maps that are too hard for the items they currently have. Herp Derp.
Last edited by RickyDMMontoya on Feb 4, 2014, 7:46:18 PM
This skill used to be incredibly popular and nobody uses it at all anymore since the mana cost nerfbat.

How they could take the cheapest mana cost skill in the game and make it one of the most costly I cannot comprehend unless it was by design that people stop using it.
It received back to back reductions in damage, and the second one came with a retarded mana price jump.

It's priced like a spell, but it's a single target attack. Hopeless.
It's worth noting that +2 maps are a dangerous thing.
They can cause players to get out of their depth -
playing maps that are too hard for the items they currently have. Herp Derp.
I've tried using this skill with multiple characters.. I always end up just switching to another ability that will end up doing more damage for less mana, what is the deal? How does an ability like heavy strike (on a character with no +phys dmg nodes and lots of wpn ele dmg)end up doing better elemental damage than ele hit. Not to mention ele hit is very boring to use with no special graphic. Hopefully this skill is getting a rework.

Even the supreme truth used with ele hit doesn't compare to a decent rare of the same level with slower atk speed, +phys dmg % and 2 elements used with heavy strike.

it could use a different quality bonus as well

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info