Dual Strike

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Dual strike is a single combined hit, even if both weapons hit the enemy, and thus triggers on-hit effects only once, where Double strike is two separate hits, one after the other.

But Double Strike still only triggers one on-hit correct?
"
IrishKigoi wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Dual strike is a single combined hit, even if both weapons hit the enemy, and thus triggers on-hit effects only once, where Double strike is two separate hits, one after the other.

But Double Strike still only triggers one on-hit correct?
No, Double strike hits twice and on-hit effects will trigger for each. Dual strike hits once for the combined damage of both weapons (unless one/both of them misses), so on-hit effects trigger once, but for the total damage (so more burn damage or chill/freeze/shock duration from the hit than if each had been separate).
this is the only usefull singletargetattack for a 2x1hander melee.
of course there is heavystrike and of course there is flickerstrike and others, but its better to use them with 1hander/shield or with a 2hander - they are just not designed in any way for dualwielding.

this gem needs dextery and it gains +crit (hello resolute techn.) when improved.

the question is, whether the marauder is intended to use dualwielding effectively or not.

when i played a marauder with 2x1hander it feels like im doing not what i'm supposed to do with the strength-class.

the marauder-located keystones "resolute techn." and "unwavering stance" say "dont stack dex".

short:
"i want" a marauder-fitting dualwield-attack.
alternatively move dualwielding-circles more away from the marauder so that its more clear that the strength-class is intended only to use a shield or a 2hander.
Edited : Wrong post, sorry.
Last edited by WillyHsu on May 9, 2012, 12:29:20 PM
I use this on my lvl 32 Duelist while dual-wielding (obviously). I compared this to heavy strike, and it does a lot more damage. The only good thing about heavy strike for my build (and I keep it around) is the knockback, which comes in very handy for the rare caster types. I have no complaints about this skill.
"Life is a tragedy when seen in close-up, but a comedy in long-shot." - Charlie Chaplin
do i see it right?

if u have lets say, 100dmg flat while dual wielding and get lets say a ring with +10 fire dmg it counts for both weapons, so u get 120dmg with dual strike?
"
NoXterium wrote:
do i see it right?

if u have lets say, 100dmg flat while dual wielding and get lets say a ring with +10 fire dmg it counts for both weapons, so u get 120dmg with dual strike?

Yes.

Dual wield is very powerful with flat elemental damage.
"
I use this on my lvl 32 Duelist while dual-wielding (obviously). I compared this to heavy strike, and it does a lot more damage.

Interesting, on my level 7 Marauder I am finding the opposite is happening. Heavy Strike is doing about 50% more damage than Dual Strike even with rare weapons. I guess Dual Strike gets its value in later levels.
Is there a good reason that this skill requires strength? Shadow doesn't have easy access to strength nodes compared to other classes being able to get off-character attributes. Isn't this supposed to be a staple skill for dual wielding Shadows?

The problem is ALL shadows basically have to traverse over to the center of the passives tree to pick up strength nodes that far out of the way. (How about that for build diversity, choice, etc. lol)

Just increase the dex req and remove str req imo.
Last edited by eeks on May 14, 2012, 8:31:42 PM
think about if you use claws anyway you must need to go hp/str route only for ci/es dagger shadows not fit to good, but a lot of skills in this part is not implemented atm so need only to wait for some dex/int dual wield skill release :)

- and yes this skill is for duelist mostly, if you check the tree the 80% of dual wield passive is in duelist part of the tree
Last edited by pupp3t on May 16, 2012, 10:52:36 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info