Dual Strike

this hit will attack the air if not perfectly targeting a mob other then that great skill
this gem becomes obsolete when also using same level heavy strike, heavy strike dps is 50% more powerful
Last edited by johndud0 on Apr 27, 2012, 2:48:17 PM
"
johndud0 wrote:
this gem becomes obsolete when also using same level heavy strike, heavy strike dps is 50% more powerful

I'm not sure I understand your reasoning?

Heavy Strike uses only one weapon at a time, alternating. For simplicity, let's assume both your weapons are the same.

Heavy Strike attacks with one weapon, and gives that attack 50% more damage.

Dualstrike uses both weapons at the same time. So Dualstrike gives you 100% more damage.

Thus Dualstrike is far superior to Heavy Strike for DW.
"
aimlessgun wrote:
"
johndud0 wrote:

I'm not sure I understand your reasoning?

(I'm not the person you replied to) If you look at the actual DPS number listed in the character information sheet for this skill, it's listed as lower than, well, everything else I have.

I think that must be a bug?, because you're right, it should be one of the highest.

-Robin
Without careful testing, just reporting my "feel" of my Marauder skills, DS seems to hit *way* too often. All my skills have the same hit percent, 78%, but DS hits, as far as I can tell, every time. The others miss at least a third of the time, and probably closer to half. I think there may be a bug there.

-Robin
"
rlpowell wrote:
Without careful testing, just reporting my "feel" of my Marauder skills, DS seems to hit *way* too often. All my skills have the same hit percent, 78%, but DS hits, as far as I can tell, every time. The others miss at least a third of the time, and probably closer to half. I think there may be a bug there.

-Robin

Spent some time confirming that; I got bored with counting when I had done 60 in a row without missing. AFAICT, the only way to miss with this skill is to not target correctly.

Also, as mentioned a couple of posts ago, the DPS seems to be bugged.

-Robin
Yeh the DPS is bugged, the calculation for DS and Cleave assumes it alterantes weapons :)

For something very close to correct DPS, simply double the tooltip DPS (confirmed by Mark in the Cleave thread).

The hit thing may be because you're using two weapons, and they each have an independant chance to hit? So the chances of missing with both are quite low?

Last edited by aimlessgun on Apr 29, 2012, 5:54:25 PM
"
aimlessgun wrote:
The hit thing may be because you're using two weapons, and they each have an independant chance to hit? So the chances of missing with both are quite low?
Correct. Each weapon can hit separately.
I don't have double strike so I cant compare the two...but from a mechanics standpoint, what is the difference?
"
IrishKigoi wrote:
I don't have double strike so I cant compare the two...but from a mechanics standpoint, what is the difference?
Dual strike is a single combined hit, even if both weapons hit the enemy, and thus triggers on-hit effects only once, where Double strike is two separate hits, one after the other.
Double strike only ever uses the main hand weapon, where Dual Strike uses both (and requires dual wielding).
They have different bonuses for quality/levels on the gem.
Double strike is usable with two-handed weapons (since it only requires on weapon).
That's all I can think of off the top of my head.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Apr 30, 2012, 7:16:30 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info