Dual Strike

I dont know what has happened with the animation and sound of dual strike but it went from one of the most satisfying skills to use to basically autoattack with some extra colored lines. I hope this is only a bug and not an intended change because it practically ruins the skill for me and many others i have talked about it.
ign:Aka/WindREEP/Equoris/DevilsmilE/TheLastHour/BigFuckinMaulMan and a lot more.
few questions about how dual strike calculates ailments

1. theres an old staff post here saying dual strike attempts to stun with each weapon's partial damage "hit" rather than the combined damage of the skill, is this still true?
2. are ailments like e.g. ignite based on the combined damage?
3. do both "hits" need to succeed their chance to ignite?
4. if one weapon crits but the other doesnt, will the damage from both hits ignite and will the full ignite count as being from a crit?
5. for weapon mods like x% chance for bleeding inflicted with this weapon to deal x% more damage, is this applied to the combined damage?
6. how does added damage work with it? is the fire damage from an aura considered to be a hit from both weapons?

"
Mark_GGG wrote:

pls help mark
IGN: Torrenz
Nemesis Shop: view-thread/634031
Last edited by Torrenz on Oct 8, 2020, 2:53:23 AM
Is there a possibility that GGG would revert the Dual Strike changes? Skill is literally dead. There is one guy in SC Ritual playing it and he has mirror tier game. Threshhold jewel changes were unwanted and not really necessary. DS was my favorite melee ability and with it I first time get to endgame and killed all bosses in 3.9 league.
I Just want to throw in my 2 cents here and ask the Devs to consider DualStrike Support gem. A lot of other dead skills have migrated over to a support role of other more exciting skills and Dual Strike as a support just makes sense.

Dual Strike Support - Supports melee attack skills causing you to strike with both weapons at once. Dual wield only. Does not work with wands.

I also want to state that I really dislike the change made to might and influence Gem. Adding splash damage onto this skill without taking up a support slot was one of the defining advantages of this skill. Limiting splash damage from the jewel to only daggers I feel was a huge let down, and killed one of my favorite builds in the game for mapping.
"
anovoca wrote:
I Just want to throw in my 2 cents here and ask the Devs to consider DualStrike Support gem. A lot of other dead skills have migrated over to a support role of other more exciting skills and Dual Strike as a support just makes sense.

Dual Strike Support - Supports melee attack skills causing you to strike with both weapons at once. Dual wield only. Does not work with wands.

I also want to state that I really dislikethe change made to might and influence Gem. Adding splash damage onto this skill without taking up a support slot was one of the defining advantages of this skill. Limiting splash damage from the jewel to only daggers I feel was a huge let
down, and killed one of my favorite builds in the game for mapping.

I'm expecting this next league.... if it doesn't happen it'll be a TRAUMATIC experience...
exhuming this long-dead thread for an even deader skill to reiterate that the change to its quality stat is a baffling and unnecessary nerf to a hilariously underperforming archetype
Last edited by Kanjiedge on Dec 8, 2023, 12:48:37 PM
Hello, there are new version of Dual Strike is Dual Strike of Ambidexterity

1 - at 20% quality, gem provide 70% more damage with main hand, use off hand attack time.
2- it does not use off hand attack time, because i checked in game, my attack time is 0.17s while i got full buff, its meaning my attacks per second is 5.88.

but in my path of building, my character attack per second from off hand is 9.23. If my attack per second from off hand is 9.23, my attack time has to be 0.1. and Dual Strike of Ambidexterity's has to be 0.1 too.
This is my character's pob, u can check it
https://pobb.in/Ef5FUMZvh-7-

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info