Dual Strike

I keep dual strike and cleave on my dual wielder duelist. Dual strike for single target and cleave for multi.

My question is the following, should i get another dual strike for multi with melee splash gem? or should i stick with cleave. Read the last few pages but i dont know how relevant that info is in the current version of the game.
"
Lhynn wrote:
I keep dual strike and cleave on my dual wielder duelist. Dual strike for single target and cleave for multi.

My question is the following, should i get another dual strike for multi with melee splash gem? or should i stick with cleave. Read the last few pages but i dont know how relevant that info is in the current version of the game.

Usually it's best to use one attack for AoE and single target.

You only have one 6L as a dualwielder (when not playing with WoE), and a 6L AoE attack will outDpS a 4L Single Target setup most of the times.

Dual Strike + Splash is just worse than Cleave imho.
You're reducing your damage by Splash, reserving a gem slot, and still have to be "True Melee" (sitting on top of monsters), have to click on monsters instead of their general direction.

3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
After using it for a while, at higher levels, dual strike is pretty much worthless if you can cleave (for example you might be using a claw or a mace). I gave up my single target dual strike even though I only use a 5l cleave.

The most use i've seen out of this skill was in one of those cases, the build in question being exalton in invasion league after 1.1.0 using bloodseeker, and old school elemental cleave and dual strike racing.
So, I have a slightly absurd question regarding this skill and Frostbreath, the unique mace with the 'Attacks with this Weapon deal double Damage to Chilled Enemies' modifier. If I were to dual-wield Frostbreaths and use this skill, would it deal double damage to chilled enemies, as there's only one 'Double Damage' modifier in play, or would it deal quadruple damage - doubled from each mace?
"
TherosPherae wrote:
So, I have a slightly absurd question regarding this skill and Frostbreath, the unique mace with the 'Attacks with this Weapon deal double Damage to Chilled Enemies' modifier. If I were to dual-wield Frostbreaths and use this skill, would it deal double damage to chilled enemies, as there's only one 'Double Damage' modifier in play, or would it deal quadruple damage - doubled from each mace?
Each weapon calculates damage entirely separately, then the results are summed together. So each hand's damage would independently be doubled, then added together to get the combined hit value.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
TherosPherae wrote:
Each weapon calculates damage entirely separately, then the results are summed together. So each hand's damage would independently be doubled, then added together to get the combined hit value.

Gotcha. Thank you for responding! :D
How does Dual Strike (and Cleave for that matter) interact with bleeding?

Is the sum of both weapons used to calculate the damge done, or are they still seen as two smaller hits summed up, so the bleeding damage would be roughly only have of what it could be.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1533986
I am the only person who's created a dual striker build that can kill uber atziri and I say flat out this skill needs a big damage buff and the quality on the gem should be AoE specific as its clear speed with epic 300+ex gear is stil worse than most builds with 5ex gear, if even that much.

I'm the authority on dual striker marauders, GGG heed me: Crank it up to make it a more compelling skill for end game like Shaper and Uber for all people. Too many marauders out there tanking bosses AND dealing 200k++ DPS to make anyone bother with something as limited as dual strike for end game.

If no one is using the skill you created then buff it or delete it, but as it is really it's just gathering dust. I'm tired of being the only dual striker to kill every boss in the game
Dual Striker Leech Tank, creator since 11/2014
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1533986/page/1Umbra_the_Wolf
Last edited by Umbra_the_Wolf on Sep 30, 2016, 2:40:45 AM
You are not alone, Umbra. I'm still here with Dual Strike claw shadow build, and I agree with you.
This skill desperately needs associated threshold jewel.
Something like:
"with at least 60 dexterity allocated in radius 10% increased Dual Strike attack speed"
Problem: impostor syndrome
Solution: nerf everything
Result: depressing mess

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info