Dual Strike

Despite me taking Dual Strike to end-game into T16 Maps, can you please re-work the Attack Skill so it is more appealing to players in PoE's current game state?

The new concept I propose for Dual Strike:

Since Dual Strike comes down on enemies in the form of a V-shape (when looking at it from the front), make it where every two attacks that V-shape crisscrosses into an X that travels for a short distance (not a projectile!), piercing enemies in its path, that deals 10% 'More' Damage the first time the V-shape crisscrosses, 20% 'More' Damage the second time the V-shape crisscrosses, and so on up to 5 times (50% 'More' Damage), whereupon after the fifth time the V-shape crisscrosses, the cycle starts all over again from 10% 'More' Damage up to 50% 'More' Damage.

Furthermore, Dual Strike should also have an AoE tag added (as someone else suggested), where the small slam in front of the character can scale with AoE mods and AoE supports.
When game developers ignore the criticism that would improve their game, the game fails.
Just because a game receives a great amount of praise vs. only a small amount of criticism
does not mean to call it a day and make a foolish misplaced assumption that it is perfect.
(me)
Last edited by HeavyMetalGear on Oct 26, 2018, 4:49:24 AM
I'm still waiting for the day that we can use Dual Strike with Wands. They're the only ranged weapon you can dual wield but this skill doesn't work with them.
Assuming 100% chance to bleed/poison/impale

Does dual strike proc 2 of each (1 per weapon) or does it combine the damage of both weapons and count as 1 stack?

Maybe have the skill do something different when shift is held down?

Like an AoE or something. It needs something.

Or maybe if you have leap slam slotted anywhere (not even in the same item) on your character, it will do a leaping attack aoe at a distant enemy? Could call it a cross-linked skill, or something.
Last edited by Daemonjax on Jul 24, 2019, 7:40:27 PM
Lvl 64 Duelist Gladiator with this as my main skill.

I really like the idea and function of the skill... but the bonus becomes pretty useless against stronger than trash mobs though. And if you're unlucky with not getting a crit on the first hit, it's even more so.

I think Dash should create a charge that this skill consumes to deal higher crit and melee damage. Only 1 charge can be had at any time and only lasts for 0.2 seconds.

It would make it a combo skill that you'd Dash and then open with Dual Strike. It would also then synergize well with Impale. And would mean that it would still be useful in prolonged boss fights.

At very least, it would be nice to see the Full Life modifier be something like 75% or 80%. That at least accommodates when the hit doesn't crit etc

But I do like the idea of more skills having interrelated functions etc
Last edited by Void_Seer on Sep 30, 2019, 1:36:16 AM
I am really curious how it interact with Impale.

From what I understand it kinda act like two separate hits from one strike so your bleed is calculated based on the higher of two hits like if you acualy hit from one weapon and not both at once as description said. But it does not count for life gain on hit, so you dont get double the effect. From these two interaction I am really unsure how impale works with it.

edit: I did some testing with dread banner and it looks like you can get 2 stack of impale from one strike.
Last edited by LaughingManCZ on Jan 7, 2020, 2:39:37 AM
"
LaughingManCZ wrote:

From what I understand it kinda act like two separate hits from one strike so your bleed is calculated based on the higher of two hits like if you acualy hit from one weapon and not both at once as description said.

Bleed is rolled separately for each weapon and then combined into single stack of bleed. Mark_GGG confirmed this a long time ago - https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/4hg2oa/question_dual_strike_bleed/d2qfmkr/

"
LaughingManCZ wrote:

But it does not count for life gain on hit, so you dont get double the effect.

Which is a correct behavior I guess because it is supposed to be a single hit.

"
LaughingManCZ wrote:

From these two interaction I am really unsure how impale works with it.

edit: I did some testing with dread banner and it looks like you can get 2 stack of impale from one strike.

Sounds like a bug. it wouldn't be a problem if we were talking about elemental damage, of course, but if true this decreases impale damage of DS because enemy can mitigate more of the reflected impale damage when it's in two smaller hits.
"
etuhoha wrote:

Bleed is rolled separately for each weapon and then combined into single stack of bleed. Mark_GGG confirmed this a long time ago - https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/4hg2oa/question_dual_strike_bleed/d2qfmkr/

I see so it looks like also PoB is wrong on this one.
"
LaughingManCZ wrote:

I see so it looks like also PoB is wrong on this one.

Same applies to Cleave I believe. PoB has garbage calculator even for basic bleeds. But then Bleed is one of the mechanics least suitable to be correctly represented in a simple single number so there is no surprise here.
Last edited by etuhoha on Jan 19, 2020, 10:16:16 AM
Hello!
Ich habe diesen skill geliebt,
Nun ist er effektiver aber viel zu langsam.. Selbst als raider..
Ich finde attackspeed sollte wieder erhöht werden und crit multi dafür genervt werden...
Mit den jewels ist nun genug damage möglich!
Schneller fühlt sich der skill aber nachwievor nicht an!!
Make it great again please!!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info