Dual Strike

This may be stupid, but is the Quality Bonus on Dual Strike similar to that on Storm Call in that it affects the BASE Crit Chance? Or does it work like normal Increased Critical Strike Chance?

PS. The tooltip IS fixed now, right? Just making sure.
IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest
The Inc Crit Chance works like any other modifier of the same kind: additive to other Inc mods. Same goes for Storm Call and Dual Strike.
Sorry Exile, but your loot is in another dungeon!
IGN: Delirii
"
Delirii wrote:
The Inc Crit Chance works like any other modifier of the same kind: additive to other Inc mods. Same goes for Storm Call and Dual Strike.

Storm Call's Quality actually increases the base Crit that all other Inc Crit Modifiers apply to. But I guess that's because Storm Call actually has a base Crit on the Gem itself, whereas Dual Strike's Crit is based on the weapon..
A 20% Quality Storm Call definitely doesn't have 7.2% Base Crit Chance.

Shadow, 190% Crit Chance from the tree, 5% Qual Storm Call (20%).
Additive: 4 * 3.1 = 12.4%
Mult: 4 * 1.2 * 2.9 = 13.92%
Listed Crit chance: 12.4%
"
Vipermagi wrote:
A 20% Quality Storm Call definitely doesn't have 7.2% Base Crit Chance.

Shadow, 190% Crit Chance from the tree, 5% Qual Storm Call (20%).
Additive: 4 * 3.1 = 12.4%
Mult: 4 * 1.2 * 2.9 = 13.92%
Listed Crit chance: 12.4%

Maybe I was drunk when I tested that Quality Gem then... >_<
If that's the case, then Storm Call sucks is not as good as I thought it was.. :P
Last edited by Sheriff_K on Mar 27, 2014, 10:08:00 AM
"
While using Dual Strike with two weapons of different range , like 6 for the main hand and 5 for the off-hand. Does the skill use max range of 5 for both weapons or the main hand will still be able to hit at range 6?

Up.
"
Yesu wrote:
"
While using Dual Strike with two weapons of different range , like 6 for the main hand and 5 for the off-hand. Does the skill use max range of 5 for both weapons or the main hand will still be able to hit at range 6?

Up.
The main hand should still be able to hit at range 6, but you'll always move close enough to hit with both weapons (5)
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir
"
rokuthecat wrote:
Would be better if they change the dual strike animation or have some alternate microtransaction effect for it. Asked around and people telling me that the dual strike animation is getting boring. Since dual strike is one of the top 5 most used gems.

Not surprised to hear it's in the top 5 for most used skill gems. If you're going to dual wield, and take advantage of related nodes, it's basically always one of, if not THE, best skill gems to use. By contrast, there's a LOT more meaningful choices to be made as to what skill gem to use if you're using a single melee weapon (1h or 2h even). Getting to attack w/ both weapons at once is akin to Double Strike in terms of giving you essentially double DPS for free because of extra attacks (before all those modifiers kick in, ofc).

I had thought occur to me today that seemed worth posting: What if Dual Strike (and possibly Double Strike) were support gems instead of skill gems that caused supported skills to work only while dual wielding melee weapons but strike w/ both weapons simultaneously (strike twice w/ Double Strike). It's radical, but I think it could really help w/ adding some very interesting and meaningful choices to melee builds.
"
What if Dual Strike (and possibly Double Strike) were support gems instead of skill gems

"Double strike support gem" = multistrike, already exists.
"Dual Strike support gem" sounds nice. +1 :)
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
"
Peterlerock wrote:
"
What if Dual Strike (and possibly Double Strike) were support gems instead of skill gems

"Double strike support gem" = multistrike, already exists.
"Dual Strike support gem" sounds nice. +1 :)
maybe good but what would happen if someone used on the non support version of the skill? lol double puncture/viper =p?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info