Dual Strike

Planned on using this with my DW ranger until I wasn't able to level it up due to the STR requirement. Green gem with primary STR requirement? wtf! I wanted to make a Kraiten- like character but had to shelf this skill at a very low level and instead use flicker strike. Turned out to be a much more effective skill anyway due to damage, speed, and mobility.
GGG you got gaint problem with single target skills ,the single target skills just sux.
The problem of the game is that mobs at common /magic/rare/ unique dont have so high HPs comparing to each other ,while AOE skills should be used to clean mass trash or max groups of magic monsters. Single target skills should be the only viable option to fast/optimized killing of bosses ,ofc if they are alone ,since they can have guards/trash mobs around them.

Thus single target should have around 3-5 times higher DPS than AOE skills ,due to the problem that what sane person would pick 2 skills AOE vs SINGEL target when they both got similar DPS??
I think noone ,unless he is totall moron ,and thats what actualy happens in the game currently.

So lower the DMG of all AOE skills ,ofc depending from their AOE size and skill to output it good.
The reduction should be even up to 50% for some skills ,yes its alot ,but thats how it should work.

Single target skills dmg incrase by 50-100% of current dmg.

Reduce HP of trash mobs by around 60% ,most of common mobs should die after 1 hit ,almost any hit ,thats where AOE skills would be mainly used ,to masacre all the commons in rapid peace.

Magic mobs HP sems OK ,though could be incrased by around 20%.
Rare mobs HP also could be increasd by around 30% ,where boss monsters by around 20% similary to magic.

The thing is ,currently if u got good AOE skill u use it on everything that moves. Player need to choose variety of skills ,not just 1 attack skill that dominate them all. Like we seen it before , double strike on bows ,novas as witch ,frenzy on bow now ,anythig with multiprojetile is just 30% less dps than singel target. I mean wtf?? 30%...thats joke from teh developer. But due to the high hp of white mobs ,u actualy need high dmg aoe skill to even make them usefull.
All feedback after this point is for 0.9.6.
Balance & Design
"
sharkh20 wrote:
One thing that really bothers me about this skill is the fact that it still attacks even without a target selected. I find myself clicking on things and ending up swinging right next to the enemy (visually it is swinging on top of the enemy, but since the enemy wasn't perfectly selected, it is missing). May want to make it so it only does the attack without a selected target when holding shift.

I will quote this gentleman :)
That's currently the problem I have with this skill, sometimes it misses. It seems you can cast it by targetting the ground (the skill is currently assigned to the right click).
I don't know if patch 0.9.4 was during december, but this feedback is still relevant.

I'm using this skill with a level 11 duelist and 2 fast swords (I guess), > 1.50 attack speed.

edit: enabling "corpse targetting" fixed the problem.
PoE forums ignore list script:
http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/162657

0.4: added "ignore" button. ignore list is now saved locally.
Last edited by kodr on Feb 15, 2012, 4:02:42 PM
This skill is weaker than cleave and it's single target, this is due to cleave having a 15% damage multiplier. The 40% reduced damage on cleave gets wiped out as cleave levels and the damage multiplier makes it do more damage than this skill ever could while being AoE.

I forsee either this getting buffed or cleave getting nerfed.
-Meteoric Destiny!
On my level 33 duelist, Dual Strike is better than Cleave as a single target skill.
Also the skill cost allows me to use Dual Strike instead of my default auto attack.
You should use both.

It may have something to do with dps displays for cleave/dual strike. maybe we need to wait till they get fixed
-Meteoric Destiny!
It doesn't really make sense that this skill doesn't get a decreased attack speed, same thing for cleave. It should at least compensate for the dual wielding attack speed bonus. You shouldn't be attacking at the same speed when you use both hands at the same time.
Build of the week #2 : http://tinyurl.com/ce75gf4
well, it seems only the speed on your main weapon is taken into account when you use Dual Strike. Same with Cleave.

I have to ask, is there a convincing reason for this skill to not work with wands? Would go a long way to making the dps wand spec fun and viable if it did.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info