Dual Strike

what do people use as support skils to increase damage?

I now use Faster attacks, melee phys damage and extra cold damage.

as i am having quite high attack speed, about 6.5 att per ssec im thhinking about + life to hit or incr critical strikes channce.

EDIT: im stupid, i should check skills more often, as i play pure physical damage build, i assume added fire damage is much better then added cold damage
Last edited by Vincemeister on Jul 21, 2013, 6:03:52 AM
Multistrike + Melee Splash are the go-to for Dual Strike, because dual wielding AoE and multitarget is mediocre at best.
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir
My biggest problem with this skill is that it's too good.
I'm playing a dual claws char that I want to use frenzy + multistrike for crazy good APS. However after doing the math (and quality aside) frenzy is onlh better once it is lvl 20 (and you need 7 charges).
Note that this dps comparison is acquiring the charges then going back to dual strike + multi.

However... and to answer someone else's question, dual strike benefits TWICE from any flat damage boosters like wrath, anger and anything on gloves and jewellery. So in this case it the only way frenzy could be better is with 8 charges and 20% quality.

So yeah, dual strike is kinda the go-to skill for dual wield anything but swords and axes.
Tin foil hats are a lie propagated by the aluminium industry.
That's the point though.
Got a question, i have made a physical dual claw build with the 3*4% claw leech nodes

Now i'm thinking if i have overshot the leech by miles!
If i'm getting this correctly my leech should be calculated like this:

main hand+off hand phys damage = 1200+1200 damage on average at 6,64aps and with 18+18% leech.
This would result in 2400*6,64*0,36 = 5736 life leeched/sec, but the cap on my life(2932) only allows for me to leech 586.6life/sec.

as long as i DON'T take vaal pact, i should just right out ditch the leech nodes and take som more attackspeed/damage nodes instead, right?(i might be wrong on the 18+18% leech, but as both hands phys damage adds into one hit, so should the leech do to, or do i "only" get the leech from one weapon calculated?(18%)

added this pic to show what i'm calculating on.
IGN - AlfettaGT

My little shop
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/559483
Last edited by alfaPOWA on Sep 2, 2013, 3:42:38 PM
You leech from each hit separately, so calculating it like that is a little... deceptive. You're leeching 36% from each weapon now, and your average damage is a little on the high end.
For the sake of simplicity, I'm adding RT (ignore Hit and Crit chance). They'd probably even out, roughly.

Mainhand:
(809 + 1578) / 2 = 1193.5 avg Physical Damage per Hit
1193.5 * 0.18 = 214.83 avg Life Leeched per Hit

Offhand:
(689 + 1484) / 2 = 1086.5 avg Physical Damage per Hit
1086.5 * 0.18 = 195.57 avg Life Leeched per Hit

Dual Strike hits with both weapons in one swing, so 214.83 + 195.57 = 410.4 avg Life Leeched per activation. 6.64 activations per second -> 410.4 * 6.64 = 2725.056 per second.

While it's far less than you calculated, it's also well above what you "need". Can easily drop half the Leech and be fine.

I do want to note that having excess isn't strictly a waste, either. If you have zero excess, the replenishment stops the second you stop attacking. With a little bit of overkill, the replenishment sticks around for a while, which is useful when kiting, taking damage over time and just running between monsters.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
You leech from each hit separately, so calculating it like that is a little... deceptive. You're leeching 36% from each weapon now, and your average damage is a little on the high end.
For the sake of simplicity, I'm adding RT (ignore Hit and Crit chance). They'd probably even out, roughly.

He isn't leeching 36% of damage per hand, the values listed in the character sheet are correct and leech applies to hands separately during dual strike. Just like all damage bonuses etc apply separately, and armour applies to each damage roll separately.

Basically Dual Strike is "Attack with both hands, using one attack and crit roll".
"
Autocthon wrote:
He isn't leeching 36% of damage per hand, the values listed in the character sheet are correct and leech applies to hands separately during dual strike.

What you quoted is referring to his calculations, silly :P Look at what I wrote down to see that I know everything you just said.
Would be sweet to see reality where you would not one-shot yourself with dual strike crit.

The whole dual-wield is too underpowered compared to using shield and reave for example - defense wise. Isnt this game about surviving rather than doing a lvl80 char that doesnt progress cause of too many deaths as a result of reflect suicides and the lack of defense? If this is not viable for standard then I cant see it ever being even worth a thought for HC.

Maybe do some rework on dual-wield mechanics like: get more evasion if you dual wield. Maybe dodge would be nice too.

Just my thoughts.
Who Are We? Where do we come from?
It's not viable because your spike damage is too high? There's a pretty obvious solution to that.
Neither Dodge nor Evasion will help much at all though.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Oct 18, 2013, 7:48:50 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info