Dual Strike

Question on Dual Strike and the 10.2 patch. Most other melee abilities were buffed. Why wasn't Dual Strike buffed too? Is it considered to be stronger than Heavy/Infernal/Glacial? I would say it probably is but just wondering if it was forgotten or if it was on purpose.
"
eckart wrote:
so hows the attack speed calculated? hear people saying its the speed of your main hand but i always felt its averaged between both weapons in some way isnt it?

I to would like to figure out how to increase my dual strikes AS. I watched one guy hitting it almost twice as fast as mine and it says mine is at .52. How can I spam this skill more?
the attacks per second listed for this is actually TWO attacks per second. just increase your attack speed as normal means like gear or passives or support gem or frenzy charges.
I really love this skill. Even when surrounded by a few enemies, with enough dmg, you can one-shot the mob and move to the next.

It also helps that as a Duelist, I got the new +15 Mana on Kill nodes. 15 Mana (plus a couple pts from equip) means 1-hit kill = no mana spent.
Hadst thou established thine humble abode 'neath a boulder?
"
tisch28 wrote:
"
eckart wrote:
so hows the attack speed calculated? hear people saying its the speed of your main hand but i always felt its averaged between both weapons in some way isnt it?

I to would like to figure out how to increase my dual strikes AS. I watched one guy hitting it almost twice as fast as mine and it says mine is at .52. How can I spam this skill more?

The attack speed shown is the average between the two weapons. If you want to swing faster get more attack speed or use faster weapons. I'm playing a dual-claw Shadow right now; my Dual Strike attack speed is 0.32 and falling.
At what point is armor applied against the dual strike damage? Is it applied for each weapon or just once for the total damage?
"
kruthos wrote:
At what point is armor applied against the dual strike damage? Is it applied for each weapon or just once for the total damage?

Dual Strike is a single hit, it combines both weapons then hits once for total dmg, it's applied on the total dmg once, not on each weapon.
So I want some mechanical clarification on Dual Strike and Added Damage support gems as well as Life Leech on Claws.

So here's what I know...

1) Dual Strike AS is the average AS of your weapons. Point of AS modification is irrelevant (the math is the same either way).

2) Dual Strike rolls one Crit "die" and one "Hit" Die. (Crits are always hits but not always crits, see evasion mechanics). Order is relevant but not really important. Each hand hits and crits independently, and rolls damage.

3) Damage is summed dealing a single lump total "attack". This total determines stuns and debuff duration.

Now here's the important part...

Is Leech for each hand applied before damage summation (thus leech is independent of each other) or does it get summed and applied to total damage. Option three is the larger Leech bonus applies to the total damage if you have different leech bonuses. Which one is it?

The second question is regarding added damage support gems, specifically Lightning/Cold/Chaos. Do these gems add to each hand's damage roll individually (the tooltip suggests this) or do they get added to the final damage roll?
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir
Adding to the question of the previous poster:

Would the "instant life leech" of the new unique Claw apply to the damage of both weapons or will the damage be calculated separately and thus I wouldn't be able to have all the life leech dealt by Dual Strike as instant ?

Thanks
"
Saviouress wrote:
Adding to the question of the previous poster:

Would the "instant life leech" of the new unique Claw apply to the damage of both weapons or will the damage be calculated separately and thus I wouldn't be able to have all the life leech dealt by Dual Strike as instant ?

Thanks

I've been wondering the same thing. I'm trying to do some testing but no conclusive results yet; it seems that sometimes I will have instant leech and other times I won't. I don't have a proper melee character leveled so the leech is very small and makes it hard to see, but I'll post again if I can manage some better results. In the meantime a confirmation from GGG would be great :)

Edit: I speculated that my varying results were due to that annoying thing called accuracy, and I think I was right. After getting resolute technique, testing produced this result: Hitting with the unique claw + a regular weapon was causing all leech to be instant as far as I could tell. (Couldn't see my current hp number rolling up as it usually does, and the life regen line in defense was not popping up as it would with regular leech (ZO character so not life regen normally).
Last edited by conradte3 on Apr 9, 2013, 8:48:36 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info