Dual Strike

Can a dev confirm that dual strike applies the damage of both weapons, before armor is calculated in?

Since if each sword has to pass through armor, this would make a big difference.
It's one hit using both weapons. Armor applies once per hit.
Each weapon's damage is calculated - this includes armour. The totals are summed and applied as a single hit.
That's a little confusing.

Let's say both my weapons deal Physical and Lightning damage, and I have Life Gain on Hit attached to Dual Strike. I attack a monster and get a Crit. I Shock once and once only (even though "both" weapons Crit with Lightning damage), LGoH triggers once, but Armor is applied to each weapon as if they're entirely separate Hits. Curious; does Evasion roll for each weapon separately, or is it one hit in that case too? Haven't used Dual Strike for a significant amount of time in ages, so I don't recall.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
That's a little confusing.

Let's say both my weapons deal Physical and Lightning damage, and I have Life Gain on Hit attached to Dual Strike. I attack a monster and get a Crit. I Shock once and once only (even though "both" weapons Crit with Lightning damage), LGoH triggers once, but Armor is applied to each weapon as if they're entirely separate Hits. Curious; does Evasion roll for each weapon separately, or is it one hit in that case too? Haven't used Dual Strike for a significant amount of time in ages, so I don't recall.
LGoH triggers twice afaik. Or so I've read.
Last edited by Aerinx on Apr 15, 2013, 3:35:36 PM
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Each weapon's damage is calculated - this includes armour. The totals are summed and applied as a single hit.
Does it include Crit also? Can one weapon crit and the other do normal damage? Does both hits use the same crit roll if they crit independently?
"
Aerinx wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Does it include Crit also? Can one weapon crit and the other do normal damage? Does both hits use the same crit roll if they crit independently?
i can answer this at least, if one "part" crits, all of it crits too.
"
Aerinx wrote:
LGoH triggers twice afaik. Or so I've read.

Double Strike does trigger Life Gain twice; Dual Strike does not.
Each weapon tests accuracy/evasion to hit.
Each weapon that hit does damage calculation. That's what armour affects (and is where crit is done).
If both weapons hit, the damage they calculated is summed.
The damage (if any) is applied as a single hit.

Like every other skill, Dual Strike does only one crit roll for the skill. That doesn't eman both weapons will always crit or always not crit, as they might have different crit chances. If one weapon has 10% crit chance and the other 5%, then a roll in the 5-9 range for the skill will crit with one but not the other.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:

Thanks for the reply mark. Just to clarify.

If both weapons hit > Damage is summed and then armor is applied only once to the sum of dmg.

If only 1 hits > damage from 1 is applied to armor.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info