Double Strike

Anychance this skill will eventually be viable with dual wielders? as in factor in off hand damage for the second strike?
"How would you like it if I snuck into your country and did this job over there... and not cash in any of your friggin checks?!! You WONT!! Because you will be right here!!" - Master Shake.
"
Fartfinder wrote:
Anychance this skill will eventually be viable with dual wielders? as in factor in off hand damage for the second strike?
you're looking foe duel strike then... because that is same thing as what you said but one "on hit" proc via both weapons. this skill was already working for dual wielders in the intent that they have thier better weapon as thier first one (to use twice but share innate mods with the other weapon), also for "on hit" effects.
"
thenile12 wrote:
Even with 20 quality, Double Strike DPS is terrible.

A claw+shield build would be superior using Viper Strike than Double Strike.

A dual claw weilder would be superior using Dual Strike than Double Strike.

Claws have life gain on hit but after level 30 this changes to % life leech, this is barely anything compared to the early claws which would give about 160 health per second (before other gains) with dual claws.

Will there be other options for dual wielders and will Double Strike ever be useful?

That can be solved with a life gain on hit support gem (even a low level one can help). The only problem here is those are gems are red, so it is a bit of a pain to collect enough strength to use those gems at a decent level.
Personally I feel that quality granted on the gem really doesn't compliment the skill. (+ attack speed currently)

I think if it granted increased critical chance it would be far more worthwhile of a skill.

The base attack seems to be alright with me, its meant for a single weapon I am assuming.

Thanks
Last edited by sonsofhorus on Oct 11, 2012, 9:35:50 AM
Definitely requires buff. As of now, the only thing keeping me using it instead of HS is the epic animation.
Hi Rory/Mark, would like to clarify some stuff regarding Double Strike.

From the screens below, double strike vs viper strike

it would seem that the DPS figures for Double Strike has been fixed, especially in view of the lowered total combined damage yet higher DPS on double strike. Is that the case?

Also, a few more questions regarding double strike.

1. Does it process as a single hit or a double hit when it comes to mana leeching/life leeching? If you have a life leech of 5%, does a double strike attack result in 2x5% life leech?

2. In terms of inducing elemental status ailments, is the damage that is used to determine the induction of status ailments calculated after the first hit of double strike or after both hits of double strike?

For instance, if double strike is 2 x 7.5k, is the 7.5k damage considered or is it the 15k damage considered when calculating status ailments?

Thanks!
Build of the Week 14
The first Righteous Fire/Non-Shavronne's/Shavronne's HC
Shameless self-proclaimed theory-crafting extraordinaire and forum crusader
"
Invalesco wrote:
1. Does it process as a single hit or a double hit when it comes to mana leeching/life leeching? If you have a life leech of 5%, does a double strike attack result in 2x5% life leech?

the skill hits twice for procing effects, the entire thread says that and so does life gain.
Double strike has two completely separate hits.
Thanks mark! Also had a trout about the two hits and realized it doesn't affect life leech overall coz that depends on total dps. The only thing that benefits is LoH, and probably shock stacking coz of the double crit.

One last question, from the looks of the dps figures I posted above, I'm presuming double strike has now been fixed? Couldn't detect that from this thread
Build of the Week 14
The first Righteous Fire/Non-Shavronne's/Shavronne's HC
Shameless self-proclaimed theory-crafting extraordinaire and forum crusader
Yes, that was fixed a short while ago in one of the 0.9.12 patches

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info