Dominating Blow

Mark you seem very active on this thread. Could this be one of your favorite skills?
I have a feeling I've said as much previously in the thread, but yes, it is.
But I'm equally active in all the skill threads - I read through all new posts in them and reply when necessary/able.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Nov 6, 2012, 8:27:55 PM
Is this working as intended for PVP? I mean, in a group battle, you dominating blow somebody... and they join your party. Should that be allowed? I mean, it's not like they're forced to help you in PVP.
My Keystone Ideas: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/744282
"
anubite wrote:
Is this working as intended for PVP? I mean, in a group battle, you dominating blow somebody... and they join your party. Should that be allowed? I mean, it's not like they're forced to help you in PVP.
Dominating Blow should not work on players, as players are not intended to be able to become minions.

Conversion trap can work on players fine.
Oh. Maybe it was a conversion trap I stepped in then.
My Keystone Ideas: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/744282
A minor comment on using Dominating Blow (DB) on crabs.

If DBed in their shelled form, crabs will follow you around until the DB timer wears off. Whereupon their shells fall off (the death animation) and they turn around and shoot you! Not very pleasant when a whole bunch of em' were tamely following you around.

Could we have shelled crabs just die and "shrug off" the DB? I get it when burning or shocked shelled crabs lose the burning/shocked status with their shells, but DB?
Basics of how to play (by Malice): tinyurl.com/72wrafn
Walkthrough for Act I and II (by KrapnoV) : tinyurl.com/7w3a3gd
Mechanics - how the game works (by Malice) : tinyurl.com/6p4zbl5
Crafting Guide (by Invalesco) : bit.ly/craftpoe
Mechanics videos (by Eztheal) : bit.ly/UTwFAV
I've used DB with a level 24-38 Witch. My skill tree build was going from the mana and ES nodes to Chaos Innoculation (but never actually picking it yet seeing as at around level 40, Life was still better than the extra 50% ES on my character) and then down into the middle of the tree, picking Necro Aegis and then going down into the Ranger/Duelist area to get the 'Increased duration of skill effect' (or something, cant remember it exactly) node. Along the way I picked all the minion and mana/mana regen passives I could.

The gems I used were DB supported by Faster Attacks, Minion Speed and Increased Duration. If I leveled my hero higher I could have used another 4 link to substitute Faster Attacks with Faster casting, and use 2 different Dominating Blow skills, one for melee/ranged and one for casters.

I also used Leap Slam with Chance to Flee.

I used a shield and a 1 handed sword/mace/axe. I would Leap Slam into the fray and Double Strike an enemy down until I could use Dominating Blow on it. Then repeat with the Double Strike/Dominating Blow on all mobs. Then I would run to the next group and my DB minions would probably kill the whole group if I had enough. I only used DB minions, no skeletons/zombies or anything like that.

This build was very fun and would make a very funny build of the week. I dont have time to play this game now but will probably make this build again once we get to OB. My build wasnt exceedingly effective because my sub par items gave me less ES than I could have had. The key to this build is having enough ES so that you can jump into a group of mobs and Dominate the rare mob. Then you could usually sit back and watch it kill entire groups.

Mud Flats was very fun, several times I would Dominate a rare Rhoa mob and watch it 1-shot enemies.

Something I've noticed about DB is that if you Dominate a rare mob with "Increased energy shield, allies share energy shield" etc, it would stack with Discipline. Seeing as those are the same auras (as far as I can tell) with different names, I think this is a bug.
"
Something I've noticed about DB is that if you Dominate a rare mob with "Increased energy shield, allies share energy shield" etc, it would stack with Discipline. Seeing as those are the same auras (as far as I can tell) with different names, I think this is a bug.
They're technically different auras with similar effects. Improvements in how buffs are handled may allow us to change whether they stack alter on, should we decide we don't like this behaviour.
I Made a Templar to use Dominating Blow as his primary skill.

However after using this skill for a while i realize its very buggy.
I got the Minion Instability passive and very often when i convert something it explodes right away.

even unlearned minion instability now and tried playing a bit and the monsters still die sometimes when i convert them.

i think it might be my other minions killing them at the same time as they convert. this is rally annoying and im starting to hate this skill. it cost alot of mana so its hard to pull off and even if you manage to pull it off they might just die instantly anyway.

also the shell crabs are buggy, you can convert them with the shell and then when they die or time runs out they lose the shell and becomes hostile again.

also when an enemy is converted, they seem to lose any current curse, but not effects like Burning.

Current Passives and Items:
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
please make this skill still work when corpse are destruct, my shadow have hight critical ratio and it's totally unusable :- /
Last edited by r043v on Dec 26, 2012, 3:41:37 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info