Dominating Blow

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Monsters you Dominate with Dominating Blow are minions, and area affected by everything that affects minions.

Please refrain for spamming the same questions repeatedly in future, it just clutters the forum unnecessarily.

Does this mean if i use the minion instability keystone, the minions will explode when on low life?
Yes. They sometimes explode to your own attacks (or your minions') if a new attack is made right at the time the monster is dominated.
IGN: NNQQ, Sporkay, Rands_
As a 2 handed sword using Templar I can only activate a Dominated enemy on the killing blow.

Others posted that you just need to hit them once?
It only works for me on the killing blow... or what looks like below half health and a critical with the skill.
"
Aparition wrote:
As a 2 handed sword using Templar I can only activate a Dominated enemy on the killing blow.

Others posted that you just need to hit them once?
It only works for me on the killing blow... or what looks like below half health and a critical with the skill.
The intent is that you need to kill them with the skill. It's technically possible to still dominate them if they die just after being hit with the skill, this so that the dominating blow hit gets them to 1 life and then they die to some stray damage before you can strike again, you don't miss out on the domination. It is not intended to let you just hit them once then kill them later.

The skill works on killing blow, and has a mechanic to be a little lenient if you nearly-kill them and then they actually die right after.
Why was this nerfed to make it useless against unique monsters? It was just a fun build, not broken at all :/

Edit: Nevermind, I mixed up unique monsters with rare monsters. Sorry!
Got beta key on 15/11/2011, thanks dave01
Last edited by Githian on Oct 24, 2012, 2:15:07 PM
"
PhabEj wrote:
Huh looks like there IS a hidden +damage% multiplier. That or +quality gives a hidden +damage% multiplier. I thought levels just increased the duration of converted minions, but my level 9 +18% quality DB does 200-321 physical damage while my level 3 +0% quality DB does 179-286 physical damage. Default Attack is 149-238 physical damage.

Frenzy does 164-262 physical damage, which IS 110% of physical damage. But somehow dominating blow does MORE damage... interesting.

Hi, just reminding this is still not fixed or the description of the stat has "minions" in it now and it shouldn't have.
Spoiler
Unavailable
✠ ✠
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
Using Minion build and my zombies keep killing my converted, if the zombies aren't near him when converted, they don't attack it, otherwise they kill him as if hes an enemy. not sure if known bug, but even i can kill him by accident if i attack him right after the conversion. maybe less delay time on the parameters switching to state hes friendly would fix?
State of Beyond Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3441741

State of Blight Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3470384

State of Harbinger Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3473629
"
wiggin wrote:
Hi, just reminding this is still not fixed or the description of the stat has "minions" in it now and it shouldn't have.
Spoiler
Unavailable
This is a known issue which the current skill/gem stat description system can't handle, and will require the implementation of some new way to specify descriptions (and/or some hacky exception for this skill only).

The stat description is correct on the skill, but on the gem it should say "This Attack and Minions deal X% more Damage".

This is the only case so far in the game where we need the same stat described differently on the gem to o the skill, so the current system cannot handle this.
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
The gem description seems to lack any word on requireing a weapon. Does this mean you can use this skill with fists?
"
Lionguild wrote:
The gem description seems to lack any word on requireing a weapon. Does this mean you can use this skill with fists?
You can.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info