Dominating Blow

"
M3phisto wrote:
How long does this skill last normally? Where do you find this information? Sounds like a cool skill and i will be giving Feedack as soon as i get it :)

This can be found on quests for Str, StrInt, and Int characters at high levels - It first appears on Difficulty 2 Brutus for Marauders.
Balance & Design
0.9.5 feedback below this post

why doesnt minion instability work with it?
In my opinion, this skill gives off a gimmicky impression at first. I must say, however, I was quite surprised at how converting bosses with auras like Move and Attack Faster helped my 2 handed mace Marauder.
Anyone actually use this skill anymore other than for amusement?
Dominating Blow just seems to cost far too much mana for what it does. I'm assuming that the amount of converted monsters rises as the skill goes up, so I'll hold off more judgement until I level the gem up far enough.
"
RoboCicero wrote:
Dominating Blow just seems to cost far too much mana for what it does. I'm assuming that the amount of converted monsters rises as the skill goes up, so I'll hold off more judgement until I level the gem up far enough.

Unavailable
My Dominating Blow is nearly level 13 with only 2 monsters able to be converted. It is interesting that the damage for both the attack and the monsters appears to keep going up, but the other limits on the spell (high mana cost, number of total monsters controlled, relatively short duration) would seem to keep this skill from ever becoming anything more than a novelty.

I think it unwise to pass full judgement before actually trying the skill, but I'm not planning on a minion build any time soon...
Urist McDwarfy has been happy lately. He admired an exceptional ARPG recently. He took joy in slaughter lately. He has been attacked by the dead recently.
Check out the Path of Exile wiki: http://en.pathofexilewiki.com
Last edited by UristMcDwarfy on Jan 12, 2012, 12:57:38 PM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
"
UristMcDwarfy wrote:
Unavailable
My Dominating Blow is nearly level 13 with only 2 monsters able to be converted.

Where does it say how many you can convert? Do +1 minion passives increase the number of dominated minions you can have? That could make for a fun melee summoner build.

A possible bug:
This attack and minions deal 33% increased physical damage
This attack and minions deal 15% more physical damage

Why are there 2 lines, and why is one's terminology "increased" and the other "more", what's the difference? Could streamline it into both saying "increased", like the rest of the game.
SC: 95 97 93 96 100 93 94 93 94 95 96 97 94 93 94
HC RIP: 94 96
Character archive: view-thread/963707
I see how this skill could be usefull to a pure summoner class but a part of me would rather see monster conversion on a support gem. So what it would do is give your skills a 1 - 5% chance of converting the monster on a kill, would be great for AOE spells!!

If they do keep it the same then please give us more conversions a little earlier in level progression. They only stay alive so a few seconds so why not.
"
unsane wrote:
"
UristMcDwarfy wrote:
Unavailable
My Dominating Blow is nearly level 13 with only 2 monsters able to be converted.

Where does it say how many you can convert? Do +1 minion passives increase the number of dominated minions you can have? That could make for a fun melee summoner build.

A possible bug:
This attack and minions deal 33% increased physical damage
This attack and minions deal 15% more physical damage

Why are there 2 lines, and why is one's terminology "increased" and the other "more", what's the difference? Could streamline it into both saying "increased", like the rest of the game.

It doesn't say how many on the gem itself, only on the skill tooltip. I had one +1 minion passive on the character I was leveling this on, so I am fairly certain it doesn't do anything (and the minion passives only say +1 zombie +1 specter).

As for the separated lines, I'm not really sure. A similar wording on the quality version of Added Fire Damage denotes a difference in the way the damage is calculated. One is multiplicative and the other additive, I believe. It's possible there is a similar mechanic here. 15% is also the base increase for the level 1 gem, so it could just be showing how much is gained by the leveled gem (though the devs seem to have tried to cut down on that sort of thing in the past).
Urist McDwarfy has been happy lately. He admired an exceptional ARPG recently. He took joy in slaughter lately. He has been attacked by the dead recently.
Check out the Path of Exile wiki: http://en.pathofexilewiki.com

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info