Dominating Blow

Hello,

I've tried DB this league, with necro, after being totally disappointed with the rework of the guardian(who was my favorite class before these to say the least, stupid changes, I wonder how much developper really test their game, or at which point they are completly seperated from the gamer community... The fact you have to summon the new skill sentinel by yourself every 20s, is totally....anyway it's not the topic for this, sorry)

I realised they removed the sentinel sommoning on rare monsters ?
Can someone explain me why ?

DB was already a very tedious playstyle when you arrive to redmap, and even more on late bossing(as it as been said here), but now, you cannot generate sentinel on rare monsters anymore ??? Just why ?
As sentinels disappear after a "short" moment(50s if I remember well when you're stuffed), it was already very annoying sometimes, if you like to take your time and check the item drops(a core thing in HnS gamestyle...). So you already had to rush and take only few things very fast, hopping your sentinel would not fade in the process to keep your DPS.

When you were dying, it was sometimes very tedious to recreate your army, and in very few cases, you couldn't even fight if there was no other monster left on the map, and you couldn't afford taking the 1v1 with the thing who already killed you when you had your full army(logic)
And here, they nerfed it even more ? Just because of the vaal version ? Vaal version that need to have basic ones to summon these ascended version...so if you can't summon it on rare, it becomes useless...

I really want to love this game, and loved some nich playstyle you can create, but was this nerf needed ? Maybe it was for some elite players who rolled on the game with this build ? no idea...

I created RF/fire trap last season, and made the whole content(sirius, black star, etc etc, appart ubbers of course)with 0 stuff, 0 jewel, 0 divine, 0 everything, and could facetank almost everything without moving, and rolled on redmap, guardians, etc, without having to farm anything before.
No nerf to that, but DB, which is played by only a small fraction of player, and who was already struggling in some situation take a (imo) HUGE nerf on the summoning of sentinel ?

Not to mention the new league mechanics here, where some buids have a huge advantage compared to others(RF again to take only this exemple). And DB isn't shinning in this way.

Really, if someone could explain me why, or what does devs smoke, I could maybe understand better they decided to nerf this part of the gem.
I'll just leave this game for now. Too disappointed by these decisions. I'll see next season if devs made a step back in "reality".

Thanks for your answer, sorry for my bad english.
"
Upsilla wrote:
I realised they removed the sentinel sommoning on rare monsters ?
Can someone explain me why ?

I've been playing Dominating Blow since Betrayal League and as far as I know it never had the ability to summon Sentinels on hit against rare enemies. Herald of Purity, Absolution, and even the new Elemental Relics from the reworked Guardian node have that ability so it is strange that Dominating Blow still doesn't have it by now.

On a similar topic, there are instances were I find it hard to keep my Sentinels summoned in the TotA league mechanic as the monsters appear to be normal rarity and have very high HP so unless I am constantly hitting the enemy leader that is unique, my DPS and potential survivability gets lower in prolonged encounters (currently using Absolution, but I am pretty sure it feels worse with Dominating Blow).
It had it before, when it was 10% to summon on elite if I remember well.
Before to come back last league, I left the game for like a year. I didn't notice this change as I played RF. Very very (very) disappointed and frustrated by this change.
I don't understand the reason that could justify this choice.
[Removed by Support]
Last edited by Jenn_GGG on Aug 24, 2023, 6:42:42 PM
Hi devs, Hi Jenn?

I am an veteran in POE but "new" to Domination blow. In fact I wanna try to league start it in 3.24 its such a mechanically fun skill.

So i did what i always do before the league starts. I play tested the skill and i few things that are quite weird, annoying, not logic and so on.

Here are "my" findings

When fighting solo bosses you don't have a chance to spawn the beloved magic or rare sentinels. (yes i know shocking since there is no monster to "convert" you only get "normal" ones). But especially in those harder and longer pinnacle boss fights you could need the extra big boiis.

Possible Solution:
why not give us something like x% chance to spawn a magic and and (obviously lower) y% chance to spawn a rare Monster when hitting a unique Enemy. That would help the skill to be as efficient vs pinnacle bosses as in clearing maps. the rolled "special skills" would be random for example.

The Fact that you cannot generate minions vs rare monsters is extremely harsh and cruel. lets say you die vs that essence mob and there maybe lets say 10 monsters left in the map or for god sake, no monster left then you have close to no chance to kill that or you would have to switch skills (srs) or so to be able to. I think i don't have to explain WHY this is an obvious bummer.

Possible solution:
let us get sentinels like vs Uniques but remove the suggested x%/y% to summon magic / rare vs a rare Mob. (as explained in Solution 1.)

If the first pack we kill is lets say 7 magic (blue) skeletons and for test reasons we kill em with one attack we get 3 magic Sentinels. that's cool but would it not be an good addition to the skill if i would get 3 magic sentinels and 4 NORMAL ones?

Possible Solution:
I personally think that would not give any "op" advantage but would make the skill smoother to play. Just a thought ofc that's not as important then point 1 and 2.

For gods sake PLEASE give us a similar micro transaction like the Herald of transcendence Minion of Herald of Purity. PLS those look sooo cool and be fore we get a 20th skill for cyclone those boiis would need some good looks

Possible Solution:
Make a Domination blow of Transcendence microtransaction :)

Conclusion:
I would like to see that the feedback we provide is read and hopefully appreciated. I dont want to have arguments with rage kids that want to one tap everything or wanna see that domination blow getting the new Tornado shot. But i think we all agree that there is no big fear that the power creep of DB is getting out of hand by such small adjustments when there are things like Tornado shot, pennance brand of d, Traps that "one tap" ubers and so on exists :D

I hope you made it until the end and you can relate to the suggested solutions and who knows maybe we see one or another chance in the future. I would be pleased

Best regards Dr_Blowhole

Last edited by Dr_Blowhole on Mar 15, 2024, 6:32:14 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info