Dominating Blow

While testing whether certain skills can be supported by certain supports while using Varunastra I noticed Dominating Blow can't be supported by any of the weapon type specific supports.

So I went through all the supports that ought to work for Dominating Blow. In addition to Nightblade, Close Combat, and Shockwave, Chance to Bleed does not show as supporting Dominating Blow.

Okay, let's look at the supports themselves. All of them say "Cannot support skills which create minions." Well, Chance to Bleed says "Cannot support skills that create minions" but consistent wording is another issue.

Question: Why should these supports be excluded from applying to the weapon damage of Dominating Blow? Not applying to the actual minions is perfectly fine since the supports specifically apply only to weapons, but not applying to the weapon strike itself? Are you guys unable to split the different effects up or something?

It'd be nice if we could do a little something extra with certain weapons and the skill, even if these supports would leave the minions less powerful than if a different support were used.
Dom Blow is clouded by clunky game mechanics and tedious maintenance

My guild m8 and IRL friend has been consistently playing Dominating Blow for a little over a year now

He loves the way it works but he wishes that things could be changed or improved for them

1. Increased base duration

2. Better Helm Enchant Options

3. Threshold jewel?

4. Perhaps a mechanic change where your dom blow minions can summon other dom blow minions?

As in once you ramp it up, you should be able to sustain without needing to keep attacking

Already Animate Weapon has uniques like this but even that doesnt see much gameplay anymore

Dom Blow could be improved/buffed and should be as a very tiny portion of the community actually use this skill
Dominating blow looks like it needs some work. Played a test character to lvl 30 and found I had a glass cannon relying on Dominating blow. I made it up to the third area The Ebony Barracks and found I did crappy damage trying to gen my Sentinels and also continually almost dyed when against a large amount of mobiles. The skill in itself when Sentinels are summoned works very well but the duration is an issue.

A possible fix could be done by having the Sentinels regenerating on kill to make them last longer and or possibly leaching HP.

Another fix would be to change the skill to an area affect skill.

There are just to many things that are wrong as of now.
This build have bad points for playing and need to rework, base duration is terrible, GGG buffed animated weapon base duration but dont remenber DB.

Magic and rare sentinels dont need replace and yes renew time, special rare sentinels because lost good aura is much frustrating.

Make sentinels convocation himself with killing mobs
3.11 Harvest League brought new changes to the passive tree, one of them the rework of Enduring Bond notable. Now, Enduring Bond has a 5% chance for summoned phantasms and raging spirits to refresh their duration upon hitting a unique enemy. This really helps with sustain against bosses. It's very noticeable even while leveling as you can hit 20 raging spirits while fighting bosses, whereas before you'll be lacking cast speed in low levels to max out your raging spirits before they disappear.

Please consider adding Dominating Blow sentinels (Sentinels of Dominance) to the list as well. At the very least, you can implement this only on Normal Sentinels of Dominance and not Magic and Rare versions if they're too OP.
I haven't used Dominating Blow since 3.9 I think, but still something strikes me as strange about its summoning on-hit effect being chance based. There are already sources of deterministic on-hit gain effects for other mechanics like Rage and Impale, where the limitation is the "cooldown" on the next gain rather than the probability of getting the effect with each hit. Can this be applied to skills like Dominating Blow (and possibly also Summon Phantasms Support)? Let the "cooldown" to the next summon when hitting a rare or unique monster scale down with increased gem levels (i.e. Summon a Sentinel of Purity when you hit a Unique or Rare Monster. This effect cannot occur more than once per (1-0.81) seconds.) or similar.
I think either they need to make Dominating Blow like Summon Phantasm and change it to a support or lower the mana cost of skill and make it feel less clunky. Increase the chance of summoning the Sentinels to 100% or give them a innate melee splash and movement speed buff. The only reason why people play this build is because it's more interactive than your usual summoner, but Specters and other minion skills are far superior in every single way to this gem. If anything allow DB to give a buff that reduces your damage taken when you have an X amount of minions summoned.
We're all just walkin' through this darkness on our own.
Sometimes when I'm right clicking with dom blow to run to a mob and use dom blow my character swings without moving. I don't have attack without moving active.
"I didn't know we were making a pants simulator." - Chris Wilson
25% chance to summon a normal sentinel when you hit a unique monster doesn't seem to work any more?

Just tried another time. Seems like the ultra rare enemies in expedition aren't seen as unique.

Maybe change it to rare and unique? Bit difficult to keep everything up when you triple mob HP.
Vote +1 to change Path of Exile to Path of Nerfs.
We hate to say, but ProjectPT was right.
Last edited by Hyskoa on Jul 30, 2021, 9:07:46 AM
"
deadunion wrote:
Sometimes when I'm right clicking with dom blow to run to a mob and use dom blow my character swings without moving. I don't have attack without moving active.

WTB Right Click Drive option plz... not only for Dom Blow for all strike skills and similar plz. So many skills I wish I could play, but I don't have the cordination for them >.<

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/9ypyvj/can_we_talk_about_fixing_melee_specifically_right/

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info