Dominating Blow

Feedback after this point is for 0.9.7
Balance & Design
"
UristMcDwarfy wrote:
"
unsane wrote:

Where does it say how many you can convert? Do +1 minion passives increase the number of dominated minions you can have? That could make for a fun melee summoner build.

It doesn't say how many on the gem itself, only on the skill tooltip. I had one +1 minion passive on the character I was leveling this on, so I am fairly certain it doesn't do anything (and the minion passives only say +1 zombie +1 specter).

As of 0.9.7d the respective minion passives do increase the maximum number of monsters dominated by Dominating Blow.

My summoner has +6 additional minions, her level 10 Dominating Blow gem allows for a base of 2 monsters being dominated at a time, the tooltip shows a total of 8.

Spoiler
(Not tested though)

[The Prison] Crawl a text-based dungeon - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/26299
Last edited by Azhubham on Mar 23, 2012, 3:42:04 PM
when you use this skill on a boss with the aura that makes it's minions invincible, it will not make you invincible, however you have the aura clearly on you.

"
As of 0.9.7d the respective minion passives do increase the maximum number of monsters dominated by Dominating Blow.

i would really like to see this on the passive skill description. right now it is not really clear if a revived enemy is a minion or not.

also, the "increased accuracy" support gem does work on the actual attack but not as a bonus for the monsters, at least it does not show up in the skill description.

i also think this skill is very usless when you try to use it seriously, that is, with a couple of the better support gems. the mana cost goes over 100 easily. how is a strenght focused class supposed to handle that adequate?
i tried it with a "reduced mana cost" and a "minion damage" support gems and the cost was at about 90.

i'm not sure how this skill makes any sense for any class: minion master doesnt needs to level the gem but makes little melee damage and avoids melee anyway while any melee class that is focused on strenght has little mana to spend.

this skill is simply too complicated by design.
"
i also think this skill is very usless when you try to use it seriously, that is, with a couple of the better support gems. the mana cost goes over 100 easily. how is a strenght focused class supposed to handle that adequate?
i tried it with a "reduced mana cost" and a "minion damage" support gems and the cost was at about 90.

Although everyone in this game can do anything, the RP Flavor description actually says this is a Templar skill.

Personally I think it actually works well with a templar as a support skill.
Nothing to see here.
Would an Added X Damage or a Faster Attacks support gem add the damage/attack speed to the minions summoned, or only to the attack itself?
Last edited by Teaboar on Apr 17, 2012, 5:31:05 AM
I fairly certain that you can't influence the "dominated mob" at all, every support gem will affect the attack only.
Nothing to see here.
"
Teaboar wrote:
Would an Added X Damage or a Faster Attacks support gem add the damage/attack speed to the minions summoned, or only to the attack itself?
Both
"
ReZar wrote:
I fairly certain that you can't influence the "dominated mob" at all, every support gem will affect the attack only.
That is not correct. Any support that can affect the dominated minion will do so. Any support that can affect the attack will do so. Those that can apply to both will do that.
"
yukyuk wrote:
when you use this skill on a boss with the aura that makes it's minions invincible, it will not make you invincible, however you have the aura clearly on you.
I've just tested this, and that aura does work on the player just like it does on other monsters.

Note that that aura only prevents things dying, it doesn't stop them taking damage. you can still be reduced to 1one life while under it's effect.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
yukyuk wrote:
I've just tested this, and that aura does work on the player just like it does on other monsters.

Note that that aura only prevents things dying, it doesn't stop them taking damage. you can still be reduced to 1one life while under it's effect.

Well we now know why the skill has both a minion cap AND a duration.
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir
"
Autocthon wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
yukyuk wrote:

Well we now know why the skill has both a minion cap AND a duration.

Not really, I still don't know why there is a minion cap.
Build of the week #2 : http://tinyurl.com/ce75gf4

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info