Dominating Blow

This is my gem recommendations:

From what I tested of all the builds, this is the most efficent. Multistrike is very good with mobs with leap slam or flicker strike and for rares in general. GMP is awesome when u get mobs with freezing pulse or fireball or mobs with poison/fire/ice/lightning arrows, for tentacle mescriation, voidbearers, alchemists, etc etc. The 92% Minion Damage is self-explanatory.

I also use a high level Cast when damage taken with Convocation so when i take heavy damage my minions are called to me and healed for a while, and i have a level 1 cast on damage taken with Desecration, and I use Flesh Offering manualy.

I use blood magic with 5k hp, and I have all the minion damage nodes(except witch starting ones).
Last edited by Almonjin on Aug 12, 2014, 4:43:54 PM
@sidtherat

Yeah, the cost will likely go down but I doubt by much, considering the cost is very justifiable. Eldritch Battery may not be necessary in endgame but for leveling it probably is.

Relying on my minions to do the killing with me just spreading the debuff is actually working pretty well. I've got zombies doing the first kills and then the dominated minions helping out when I get them going. I'm not doing much damage at all with the Chober Chaber so it's simulating what I'd experience later on.

I'm only using Haste and Clarity at the moment and they're doing pretty well. Vaal Haste paired and Flesh Offering against bosses should be absolutely insane. I plan on using Haste, Clarity, Purity of Elements, Determination, and maybe Hatred in later levels.

Yeah, Conversion Trap isn't very good from testing. It works well with certain enemies but some just are too slow. I'm going to stick with zombies because they're the ideal meat shields and are effective enough with my many speed and damage buffs. However it's definitely useful for converting totems so I may keep it on me.

I think I'll probably have multiple Cast when Damage Taken setups going. Though I'm not sure if Flesh Offering will be included because I'd much rather have a high level version. Convocation with CWDT is working pretty well to be honest because the main use of the skill is available at level 1, allowing a level 1 CWDT to be used.

And yes, I know how good increased skill duration is when stacked. I've played other duration-based summoners quite a lot. :p
same name in-game
Last edited by iao on Aug 12, 2014, 4:47:11 PM
"
iao wrote:
@sidtherat

Yeah, the cost will likely go down but I doubt by much, considering the cost is very justifiable. Eldritch Battery may not be necessary in endgame but for leveling it probably is.

Relying on my minions to do the killing with me just spreading the debuff is actually working pretty well. I've got zombies doing the first kills and then the dominated minions helping out when I get them going. I'm not doing much damage at all with the Chober Chaber so it's simulating what I'd experience later on.

I'm only using Haste and Clarity at the moment and they're doing pretty well. Vaal Haste paired and Flesh Offering against bosses should be absolutely insane. I plan on using Haste, Clarity, Purity of Elements, Determination, and maybe Hatred in later levels.

Yeah, Conversion Trap isn't very good from testing. It works well with certain enemies but some just are too slow. I'm going to stick with zombies because they're the ideal meat shields and are effective enough with my many speed and damage buffs. However it's definitely useful for converting totems so I may keep it on me.

I think I'll probably have multiple Cast when Damage Taken setups going. Though I'm not sure if Flesh Offering will be included because I'd much rather have a high level version. Convocation with CWDT is working pretty well to be honest because the main use of the skill is available at level 1, allowing a level 1 CWDT to be used.

And yes, I know how good increased skill duration is when stacked. I've played other duration-based summoners quite a lot. :p

just wanted to let you know - maps above 70 start to be a bit trickier to manage this 'tag' game. i have hard time explaining why exactly but it simply gets annoying to sustain minions by 'letting other minions kill what i just tag'. it ofc does happen from time to time, but most of the times it is me that lands the killing blow. minions in a horde are hard to manage and with entire screen moving it sometimes is difficult to hit stuff

ill try the cwdt+convocation however previously when tested cwdt+offering and manual convocation worked better for me. but this is i think playstyle dependent

btw do not rely on offering if you do not pair it with desecrate. there are times when there are no corpses around at all

as for the auras ive put clarity on BM so i can have two: Hatred and Haste and Vaal Haste (however i think that Vaal Grace provides better utility later on as dmg is rarely a problem but survivability vs 'minion vacuums' like piety or some Invaders can be)
Any one have idea about 1.2 passive tree for scion?
passive position was changed.How to build a great DB build in 1.2version?
You now have 90% Increased Skill Duration instead of the old 45%, which is really nice :D
Anyone made good dom blow after 1.2?
I am actually playing a dominating blow summoner, but since 1.2 i can t dominate ennemy totem anymore, is that intended or is it a bug?
I can dominate them at least as far as i've tried.
In normal i could dominate Dominus totems
In cruel i've met a unique mob in fellshrine ruins, he was casting ranged attack totem with multiple poison arrow, and i dominated his totem too, funny thing actually they killed him while i was watching lol.

The only mobs except uniques that i can't convert are those coming from the other realm.
Is that work as intend?
"
Piddu wrote:
I can dominate them at least as far as i've tried.
In normal i could dominate Dominus totems
In cruel i've met a unique mob in fellshrine ruins, he was casting ranged attack totem with multiple poison arrow, and i dominated his totem too, funny thing actually they killed him while i was watching lol.

The only mobs except uniques that i can't convert are those coming from the other realm.
Is that work as intend?

Hello,
the last time you dominate totem was after patch 1.2?
What league are u playing? (maybe it s a league related's bug) btw i play softcore

cause issue happens since the 1.2 patch, few days before patch i was already playing dom blow and was able to dominate totem
I've started a fresh new scion in Beyond league, and last time i dominated a totem was yesterday.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info