Dominating Blow

If you manage to get your Spectres to actually use Dominating Blow somehow, then theoretically yes. Of course, it's going to be hard to socket gems into your Spectres' gear.
Will a build like this work:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAxthYY1BQjM_2SF8_VEnnUu8Oud3yL6gYah7ZYRkuVw0n7dIhkc7z3ayqxPaezXKpXp89D6cwfNl8S-wZJIsB5_e-fLufyzbonjw62FivTdiBb-w4LdJ4DYx2BLMpTxo4qW6-ihRN8B8CceQip4RsRrXyAdyiABpskFVybG6q74akGZ2uGYWmrDIJSsi-uxv6pwgkqohAPycl349G2Qs26ZAzX5iE2dDQKpjjavrSWW1lTW5pm6HPZRcvHb5Hfr6nxLj311XGZOfSTdX4zLxV1sAPhWCApKrETbmpaA==

I have played with DB blow before, but it was long time ago, pre-release.

Build takes some minion nodes that are within reach, RT and Unwavering, 45% skill duration increase, and many armour-boosting nodes, ewhich should provide high armour with Determ.

Against physical dmg it can use 6 endurance charges -> Immortal Call CwTD with Inc. Duration.
Spells can be problematic due to low life, but they can be absorbed by minions.

To combat the mana costs, -25% skill mana cost from tree, and Duelist mana cluster - is this enough or not?
Increasing Field of View in PoE: /1236921
I'd like to report the following BUG:

When converting enemies, that stand in your righteous-fire they still take damage from it for a split second after being converted. This sometimes even results in their death!

Reproduction steps:
- Use righteous fire
- Convert enemies with dominating blow
- See them take damage / die after being converted :(
IGN: Pirteloli
I have a question, does "Life gained on kill" works with Dominating Blow???
finally attempted and i think managed to tame this skill

I managed it on Mana without mana leech however this IS a heavy investment and as such is far from being efficient

however it is extreme fun

gear (mostly stuff i found on this char when respeccing:
Spoiler

ive got a 6L chest somewhere but it is used, same as godly 5L chest. i managed some maps wearing tabula so i feel no need to change. 6th link is minion speed but somehow i dont have this gem..

build:

from what i remember:
capped res
4100hp
900mana
some armor etc

Key points:
- Increased Duration gem
- reduced mana cost passives. i have 47% reduced cost
- Increased skill duration (45%)
- melee splash

These are mandatory.

I took Minion Leech node as i cannot afford Vitaliy and it works. Auras/curses/cwdt elements are still WIP (many empty sockets etc) so dont mind these. This is only DB testbed and i think it is quite successful so far

edit:
more mature gear/gem setup:
Spoiler

works like clockwork. did some 71 map (wearing tabula) without any problems. DB is fun
Last edited by sidtherat on Mar 14, 2014, 3:41:16 AM
flesh offering seems like it could make a dominating blow build pretty OP
studying for GGG's C++ technical exam...
i managed to luckily 5link my maul so ill have spare links for that. issue is that DB interferes with corpse creation so Desecrate is required. smoke mine is also mandatory for minion placement and this consumes 3 action slots.

cwdt + desecrate + flesh offering is unviable due to how rarely you get hit.. i replaced vaal molten shell due to it simply not proccing at all.

DB is a very strange playstyle. but fun factor is off the charts..

i highly recommend this skill. do not be afraid of high mana costs!

edit:

Further notes:

as mentioned above, bone/flesh offerings can have enormous impact. The only issue is that you cannot reliably acquire corpses as your 'kills' are following you. relying on corpses created by dominated minions is risky. solution:

however i currently have no links for that..

another very important aspect of DB builds:

dominated minions spawn on you after you 'TP'. this makes positioning and keeping your army on one important target so much easier. a MUST have for crypt-like maps

yet another addition - for the opening of the map when you have zero minions:

Last edited by sidtherat on Mar 17, 2014, 1:23:17 PM
final gear/gem setup:

Spoiler

- DB dps 4k
- dominated minion time 72sec (if i find my +16% quality Inc Duration that should exceed 80 easily)
- mana cost 120
- easily sustained on mana alone.

misc skills:

- conversion trap for new dangerous areas or for invul totems. converted monsters deal ~zero dmg. these are just for distraction/initial stages of map
- smoke mine for 'clustering up' the minions
- cwdt + curses
- cwdt + desecrate + flesh offering (in that order!) + inc duration

this is my first build with lightning coil so im also leveling purity of lightning

in short - one of the funniest and most engaging experience. dps might be low at first but once steamroller moves..

Last edited by sidtherat on Mar 17, 2014, 4:42:31 PM
Let's assume i hit a mob with fire cold and lightning damage and I have the Elemental Equilibrium keystone, do the converted minions still have the additional elemental resists (+25 % to all)?

So is the converted minion simply a new copy of the original mob or is it still the same entitiy?
They will retain the 25% allres for five seconds, then EE wears off naturally.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info