Discharge

How is damage calculated for this skill? The more I think about it the more it hurts. Also, would elemental damage be more beneficial in upping Discharges damage or would spell damage be better? With the new unique mace the Supreme Truth it goes up to 60% increased elemental damage with Galvanic Hammer passive so I was thinking maybe a build around that would work.
It's just a Spell, and works like any old Spell. It deals Fire/Cold/Lightning damage, so it benefits from generic Fire/Cold/Lightning damage passives. It's a Spell, so it benefits from Spell damage. It benefits from Cast Stuff Faster mods.
After seeing this skill in action in the latest Build of the Week video, I have to say based on the video:

>Looks nice but...
>Needs a serious DPS buff

The shadow using it was almost better of killing everything with his Dagger, sure maybe his build wasn't optimized but blowing up 10 chares should deal waaaaay more damage than his dagger slashes, even if it isn't optimized.
In the Build of the Week thread, Charan mentions that the actual creator builds Charges much faster and thus Discharges more often. Chris probably hasn't played as much as the creator, and it doesn't look like a simple build. Additionally, Chris was facing very high level content.

Don't think that video is really representative of Discharge's strength.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
In the Build of the Week thread, Charan mentions that the actual creator builds Charges much faster and thus Discharges more often. Chris probably hasn't played as much as the creator, and it doesn't look like a simple build. Additionally, Chris was facing very high level content.

Don't think that video is really representative of Discharge's strength.

It has more to do with the comparison with the actual frenzy attack.

When you see him hitting the giant Bug it deals almost as much damage as the discharge. Or the discharge doesn't deal much more damage in proportion.
Discharging should deal at least 50% of the Damage of that giant Bug when a normal hit deals 1/16th.
You do know Discharge hits in a big ol' AoE, right...?
Frenzy in this case is solely a single-target spammy skill, and Discharge deals damage to ~everything. Having Discharge deal *eight times* more damage (1/2 (50%) vs 1/16) than the single-target skill would be nuts.
i feel like this skill should be a big "boom" type skill, add a 10 second cool down double the aoe and triple the damage at the least. this skill has no practical use it is, needs a serious rework and/or buff imo.

i take back some of what i said because i didn't consider diamond flask.
ign = ultrahiangle
Last edited by ultrahiangle on Dec 8, 2012, 1:44:10 AM
Link leech to it for instant emergency resources.
____________________________________twitch.tv/tyranthal
It works with life leech?!? : O
The two Leech support gems work off any damage dealt by the supported skill. You can leech with Fireball if you like.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info