Discharge

"
Runpuff wrote:
Hi.

Not sure if this is intended or not. But I have a shield with 30% spell damage.

This shield does increase my damage done to my fire trap but the damage on my discharge is still the same. Does this spell not scale with spell power?
It does affect discharge. But you can only see actual damage on discharge when there is some - i.e. when you have charges. At other times all it can show is how much base damage will be added for each charge.

If you have charges, Discharge's skill popup will show the damage it'll actually deal, which is increased by increased spell damage.
Ah ok.

Thanks alot for the reply mark!
It might just be me but not the gem or player skill itself but the monster that utilise it seem to alway lag my game for no reason since open beta.

Whenever they use discharge i got a 0.5 to 1.5 second screen freeze.
IGN : DCDTDito
Between Kaom's Sign, Voll's Protector, double Enduring Cry and decent crit rate, I'm unsure why one can't simply ignore Frenzy charges and concentrate on Fire/Lightning Discharging.

One would assume that Discharge critting would reward you with at least one Power charge because of Voll's. It's quite possible that since crits are per cast, and not per target, that critting six monsters pops you back up to six charges. Then it's merely a matter of maintaining a high crit rate, and Endurance charge upkeep.

Voll's forces you to start Mara or Templar and get Blood Magic though.

You could completely ignore Power charges altogether if you wanted and focus on Endurance and fire damage. Just use Molten Shell to compensate for any damage lost from the Power charges.
Last edited by elbicnivnimai on Feb 16, 2013, 5:43:43 PM
As a fairly new player I obviously can't come up with any deep thought through suggestion, but as many others mentioned already you are better off keeping your endurance charges than discharging them. Since Endruing Cry got changed recently anyways it's not an option to discuss this again.

What I would suggest is some sort of "charge echo" that remains after the discharge. They would grant the same effect as the charges did but would'nt stack with normal charges. This would give the player some time to recreate at least some charges.

At the moment it seems you are better off using Molten Shell with endurance charges than discharging them.
'course, Molten Shell also only has one-eigth of the AoE Discharge has or something like that, can't be cast on-demand, and requires tanking. I feel there's some distinct advantages to Discharge there.

Warlord's Mark with some decent Quality is just insane; I acquired a 15% for my Discharger team of 2. Grab a bit of a pack and you'll refill your Endurance Charges simply by killing them, which allows you to rapidly set up the next pack.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Feb 19, 2013, 6:40:49 AM
Could you buff the base crit chance of Discharge?
The idea of a rainbow skill that applies all three status ailments at once when it crits is attractive, but in practice the base chance is so low and the cast rate so low (because of having to build up charges) that you rarely do so.

You could argue that the base crit chance is so low precisely because the skill applies rainbow damage, but aren't the other disadvantages (needing to build up charges, requiring very specific gear and passive nodes, AoE that originates at the user) enough? And if not I'd rather have the damage nerfed than the base crit chance.
In my opinion Discharge needs to be reworked. As it stands right now you can't gain charges fast enough to deal big damage with Discharge. Also many of the ways to gain charges are limited to 1-2 options (for example, Power Charges can only be gained via Voll's Protector and Power Siphon, Frenzy Charges can only be gained via Frenzy and Blood Rage, and Endurance Charges can be gained via Warlord's Mark, Anbu's Charge, and Enduring Cry). Half of the options for gaining charges are based on kill rather than on hit or on crit. I would suggest that something new be added to the game that gives you 1 of each charge or rework Discharge so that it only consumes 1 charge each and change the base damage to be higher to account for only using 1 charge.
"if u point out my narcissism 1 more time i ll report ur ass.
then i ll ignore u."
"you dont play this game and i find no value in your feedbacks. keep your advice to yourself. i ll sure have fun not reading ur comments again."

Path of Exile community in a nutshell.
The only thing that needs to happen is hit and crit based charge gains need to be per hit or crit, not per cast.

Voll's for example only gives one charge on a crit, not one per monster bring crit. Which is a damn shame.

For an item that forces you into Blood Magic, with no other noteworthy stats except the Power Charge gains, the Power Charge gaining is underwhelming as fuck.
Last edited by elbicnivnimai on Feb 20, 2013, 9:13:58 PM
Voll's Protector doesn't force you into blood magic. You can easily bypass the -50% mana by getting a few mana nodes which count against the mana penalty additively.
"if u point out my narcissism 1 more time i ll report ur ass.
then i ll ignore u."
"you dont play this game and i find no value in your feedbacks. keep your advice to yourself. i ll sure have fun not reading ur comments again."

Path of Exile community in a nutshell.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info