Discharge

Damn that is so awesome.
I'm in act2 merciless atm and I intended to use this skill but as it is I don't think it's worth giving up my charges, even though I can quickly regain them with my dual wielding wand shadow, using discharge won't yield faster clearing aoe wise....I think the skill should be changed to do more damage if there is a single target and less damage if there is multiple targets as in active scaling of the damage.
I dunno maybe I'm looking at it wrong maybe it's more of an aoe skill meant for melee builds that have mostly single target skills I just found myself somewhat disappointed that even with my fast rate of building charges this skill doesn't really pay off for the cost required to use it correctly.
with enough investment, you can 1 hit a whole screen of whites. Sadly it means you have to sacrifice everything else
P̯̹̙̥̉̏ͦͯA̠̝̰̣̯͕͚̲̭͈̥̠͑̓̿ͦ̾ͯ̍ͅͅȚ̜̦͕̞̞̠̮͎͔͙͔̺̺͉̟̿̿̏ͬ͛͋̍ͮ̌̚H̹͕͚̟͍̘̤̱̻̬͓̬̮̫̦͖̳̹ͮͨ̒̉ͮ̿̈ͪ̇̿͆ͭ̃ͭ̃ͭ̚ ̲̫̞̤͓̳͑ͬ̾͌ͯ͐͂̿͗ͨ͋͑̍͐͗̾̄O͕̮̻͔̳̠͉͖̳͖͈̻͇͈̣̙̪͈ͨ͐̒̽ͣ̋ͅF̣͎̞̞̯̝ͦ͌̆ͥ̈͐̾ͣ̔ͮ̐̀̏ͪ̚ ̟̩͙̙̩̮̻̼ͬ͑ͥͦ͗̿E̼̭̩̜͕̱̤̭̞͖̳͍̝̤̼͓̗ͩͫ̌ͬ̊̋̄͑͗̽X͕̰̪̱̲̩̙̦͓͓̯̠̤̝̝̯̣̥̀̋̌̍̚Ȉ̖̟͔̩̝̊̿ͪͅL̺͓̻̰̀͋̅ͮͧE͔̼͚͕̮̻̟̩̪̖̫̪̦͙̎̑͆̏ͨͅ
wait what? that would mean that increased the AoE to the size of ice nova (currently the larger damaging AoE)... then a player takes most AoE size increases.
I have a fairly simply question. How does Discharge interact with the trap and mine support gems?

If one's charges are consumed when casting the mine/trap, and the following explosion deals damage based off of that, then it makes for an interesting, and slightly silly, build concept.
"
Khargan wrote:
I have a fairly simply question. How does Discharge interact with the trap and mine support gems?

If one's charges are consumed when casting the mine/trap, and the following explosion deals damage based off of that, then it makes for an interesting, and slightly silly, build concept.

I checked and it doesn't work, but in a different way than I expected. I expected the trap to simply use Discharge with its own charges but since it had none it'd do nothing since that's how generally stuff works(when you put stuff that gives charges the totem/mine/trap gets the charges, not you so I don't see why it'd work the other way). However instead it simply did not link the gems together. Putting trap or remote mine supports linked with discharge does not alter discharge at all. It still works as normal and doesn't have a different tooltip or the small letters thingies, so it's simply not affected at all.
Last edited by PyrosEien on Jan 16, 2013, 7:32:30 AM
I feel this skill has potential for a Hybrid "Finisher" if you consider the Charges as combo points. However, we would need more ways to gather charges.
Thought i would give Discharge a try and i have noticed that quite often when getting hit and trying to use the skill, the animation goes off but it does no damage and dose not use up my charges.Got me killed a few times because i couldn't cast again fast enough.
Hi.

Not sure if this is intended or not. But I have a shield with 30% spell damage.

This shield does increase my damage done to my fire trap but the damage on my discharge is still the same. Does this spell not scale with spell power?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info