Discharge

"
Targuil wrote:
"
Charan wrote:
The cooldown on Enduring Cry really drives the final nail into the coffin.

It's not often I give up on a quirky build but Discharge is, right now, all but worthless.

Could a Wand with frenzy+siphon work with discharge as AoE skill?

Yes it would work, I have a lvl 37 shadow with siphon and blood rage to quickly generate charges and discharge them when enemies come in close. I just need to fine some support gems that work well with the skill.
"
LoneDeltaWolf wrote:
"
Targuil wrote:
"
Charan wrote:
The cooldown on Enduring Cry really drives the final nail into the coffin.

It's not often I give up on a quirky build but Discharge is, right now, all but worthless.

Could a Wand with frenzy+siphon work with discharge as AoE skill?

Yes it would work, I have a lvl 37 shadow with siphon and blood rage to quickly generate charges and discharge them when enemies come in close. I just need to fine some support gems that work well with the skill.

Increased aoe+concentrated aoe+chance to flee?
I confirmed that I am still in HC league. Then I died.
Anyone can link a leveled discharge ?
Build of the week #2 : http://tinyurl.com/ce75gf4
Best I have:
Unavailable
Urist McDwarfy has been happy lately. He admired an exceptional ARPG recently. He took joy in slaughter lately. He has been attacked by the dead recently.
Check out the Path of Exile wiki: http://en.pathofexilewiki.com
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
Hey guys I'm pretty new to the game and yesterday I got a Discharge gem as a reward. I tried using it but it won't do anything. So I've been searching on this forum and online about HOW TO USE IT, and you can tell me I'm stupid but I really can't figure out how to use this spell. There is no where online that explains HOW to use this skill. Some say endurance skill, some say arcane charge, some say critical strike. some type of flask...like I just don't get it. Would anyone have a link or an explanation regarding discharge skill? The skill description in the skill page doesn't tell you how to use it, only explains what it does. Thank guys!
"
vollgas wrote:
Hey guys I'm pretty new to the game and yesterday I got a Discharge gem as a reward. I tried using it but it won't do anything. So I've been searching on this forum and online about HOW TO USE IT, and you can tell me I'm stupid but I really can't figure out how to use this spell. There is no where online that explains HOW to use this skill. Some say endurance skill, some say arcane charge, some say critical strike. some type of flask...like I just don't get it. Would anyone have a link or an explanation regarding discharge skill? The skill description in the skill page doesn't tell you how to use it, only explains what it does. Thank guys!

You need active charges for Discharge to activate. You can read up on what charges do and how to get them here: http://en.pathofexilewiki.com/wiki/Charges

Alternatively, check the Mechanics thread, which is stickied in the general beta discussion forum.
Urist McDwarfy has been happy lately. He admired an exceptional ARPG recently. He took joy in slaughter lately. He has been attacked by the dead recently.
Check out the Path of Exile wiki: http://en.pathofexilewiki.com
"
UristMcDwarfy wrote:
"
vollgas wrote:

You need active charges for Discharge to activate. You can read up on what charges do and how to get them here: http://en.pathofexilewiki.com/wiki/Charges

Alternatively, check the Mechanics thread, which is stickied in the general beta discussion forum.

Thank you so much! I didn't know there was a Wiki page for charges. Now I understand how to use it!
Well, I got my shadow discharger to ruthless and level by level he became less and less a discharger and more and more a freezing pulse/elemental hit guy.

When I discharge all 4 of the frenzy and all 5 endurance charges an average zombie loses less then half health which is awfully low considering I've got elemental and spell passives and some gear. The skill was effective on normal, it held somewhat in cruel quickly becoming more and more lacking and finally reaching the level of almost-useless in ruthless. No point using it when two multishot pulses clear the area AND I get to keep my endurance and frenzy charges to deal with bosses that remain.

That gets me to a conclusion that skill would be ok if it just had better damage progression, it follows the difficulty curve very poorly.
Respect your passive skills and they shall respect you in turn.
Last edited by raic000 on Aug 18, 2012, 6:02:46 PM
I think a status ailment of some type would help discharge find a niche. Either an innate chance to blind, confuse, or fear could make the skill more useful than it is now. It feels like it should be a panic button or a finisher move, and it isn't impactful enough, visuals aside.
Damage isn't fantastic, but the AOE is nice i guess. Maybe if it always inflicted status effects regardless of a crit or not? It just isn't worth the cost of all your charges at the moment.

(Level 53 dual wand shadow, 5 power/4 frenzy)
P̯̹̙̥̉̏ͦͯA̠̝̰̣̯͕͚̲̭͈̥̠͑̓̿ͦ̾ͯ̍ͅͅȚ̜̦͕̞̞̠̮͎͔͙͔̺̺͉̟̿̿̏ͬ͛͋̍ͮ̌̚H̹͕͚̟͍̘̤̱̻̬͓̬̮̫̦͖̳̹ͮͨ̒̉ͮ̿̈ͪ̇̿͆ͭ̃ͭ̃ͭ̚ ̲̫̞̤͓̳͑ͬ̾͌ͯ͐͂̿͗ͨ͋͑̍͐͗̾̄O͕̮̻͔̳̠͉͖̳͖͈̻͇͈̣̙̪͈ͨ͐̒̽ͣ̋ͅF̣͎̞̞̯̝ͦ͌̆ͥ̈͐̾ͣ̔ͮ̐̀̏ͪ̚ ̟̩͙̙̩̮̻̼ͬ͑ͥͦ͗̿E̼̭̩̜͕̱̤̭̞͖̳͍̝̤̼͓̗ͩͫ̌ͬ̊̋̄͑͗̽X͕̰̪̱̲̩̙̦͓͓̯̠̤̝̝̯̣̥̀̋̌̍̚Ȉ̖̟͔̩̝̊̿ͪͅL̺͓̻̰̀͋̅ͮͧE͔̼͚͕̮̻̟̩̪̖̫̪̦͙̎̑͆̏ͨͅ
Last edited by lukeiy on Aug 30, 2012, 10:48:19 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info