Past supporter packs. Am I $#^ed in the head?

This is not a "bring back old supporter packs" thread.

This is not a "bring back exclusive content of any kind" thread.

This is a thread from a guy that is curious about a certain psychological effect I've become aware of that may or may not be very unhealthy. I want to ask other people that love this game or have supported it think on this matter because I have to admit it is driving me mildly nuts.

Here goes nothing.

Every time I browse the forums for either patch notes or builds and I see people loaded up with supporter packs that I've missed, it's like an itch. The self-kicking is so bad and it happens at a moment's notice.

This can't be normal. Or is it? Is this just a side-effect of 'limited edition' merchandise?

Spoiler
PS: Inb4 people with 5+ forum titles reply :D
It depends on why you didn't buy these packs when/ if you had the chance to do so.
I'd like to have bought some more packs, but I just couldn't afford it, so I didn't. Because I know I couldn't've bought the packs, it doesn't really worry me that others have more/ higher tier packs.

If you didn't buy packs and you can't find any reason why you didn't, then it is quite normal that it's bothering you now that you don't have the chance to buy them anymore. However, if the feeling is so intense (you said "self-kicking is so bad"), though, that is probably not normal. But who am I to judge.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
Nah, it is a relatively normal response.

Especially when some of the titles/perks/packs/pets etc. look so extremely cool.
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
"
Mikrotherion wrote:
It depends on why you didn't buy these packs when/ if you had the chance to do so.
I'd like to have bought some more packs, but I just couldn't afford it, so I didn't. Because I know I couldn't've bought the packs, it doesn't really worry me that others have more/ higher tier packs.

If you didn't buy packs and you can't find any reason why you didn't, then it is quite normal that it's bothering you now that you don't have the chance to buy them anymore. However, if the feeling is so intense (you said "self-kicking is so bad"), though, that is probably not normal. But who am I to judge.

Thanks for the insight, Mikrotherion. You gave me a decent idea for a lead.
"
This is not a "bring back old supporter packs" thread.

This is not a "bring back exclusive content of any kind" thread.

This is a thread from a guy that is curious about a certain psychological effect I've become aware of that may or may not be very unhealthy. I want to ask other people that love this game or have supported it think on this matter because I have to admit it is driving me mildly nuts.

Here goes nothing.

Every time I browse the forums for either patch notes or builds and I see people loaded up with supporter packs that I've missed, it's like an itch. The self-kicking is so bad and it happens at a moment's notice.

This can't be normal. Or is it? Is this just a side-effect of 'limited edition' merchandise?

Spoiler
PS: Inb4 people with 5+ forum titles reply :D

It is the desired effect of every well-made marketing strategy. So, in this regard, it's completely normal.

From a psychological point of view, letting today's consumerism-drived environment to affect you so strongly is bad for your happiness and wellbeing.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
It's normal. It's how GGG makes money. And I'm one of those suckers :D (though to be fair, I have to say GGG completely deserves the support).
IGN: JerleNecroDD/JerleNecroRuthless
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?
I made an active choice to wait with POE until open beta. Because of this I am not jealous of all the magnificent kiwis I stumble upon. I am very happy for all our first supporters that helped GGG make POE a reality.
Hi OP and all,

the way I look at it is this,

I don't spend money on games, just rent and food.

I save £50 a month for GGG because PoE is my home, have done for years.

The when the packs come out I support them for keeping me happy for the last 6000+ hours of my life over the last 3 1/2 years ish.

I could however pay £60 a month and buy a game in tht month that wont last me 8-12 hours before I complete it.....erm nope!

Besides that GGG are great! Both as peeps and as a company. You will not find a better more community focused and passionate developer out there anywhere!

They more than deserve to succeed and im making sure they do god dammit! :D

GG GGG!
Existence is infinite, a weave of live and dead, beyond the understanding of the many mortal threads.
Embrace death to honour the lost, no fear in life no matter the cost. With one of all we are and all of one we trust, throughout past, present and future...... be just.
I cry myself to sleep every night because I haven't bought the silver supporter pack back in closed beta.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
I paid 10 dollars to play the closed beta and never realised I'll regret it. Should've paid more. :p

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info