Past supporter packs. Am I $#^ed in the head?

"
"
Boem wrote:
I hide bling. It serves no purpose on a forum meant for actual discussion.

I guess i am an odd ball on that though, considering the amount of bling on display here :).

Peace,

-Boem-

The only reason I leave mine on is for the benefit of up and coming game developers looking in. I want them to know that if they produce a quality ftp game under a model similar to GGG's, that there will be people to help them along the way.

Only for the greater good, sir!

Good point and well said!
IGN: JerleNecroDD/JerleNecroRuthless
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?
I found out about the game a couple of weeks before open beta started. I wish I had blindly bought a pack that had a Kiwi in it.
The only past supporter item I wish I had was the diamond kiwi.

That being said, I couldn't afford it then and probably couldn't afford it now.
Sound the dread alarm, through the primal body! Sound the reveille, to be or not to be. Rise! Stay the grand finale! Stay the reading of our swan song and epilogue. One drive to stay alive! Elementary, muster every fiber. Mobilize! Stay alive!
I bought only one supporter pack in order to get points for tabs. Other than that, since I see GGG making changes that reduce the power of chars... I am glad I haven;t supported further.

This game should be about getting more and more powerful... it isn't. At about level 60 or so... the "endgame" is unrewarding, the pace of increasing power is so slow and gated it's simply not worth playing.

I come back each major patch and play a little until I lose interest. I'm just too much of a sophisticated gamer to play for hours with drool pouring from the corner of my mouth grinding currency to purchase gear that really doesn't do anything to progress my character.

Instead of providing a rewarding path to progression, GGG has switched to the nerfing the game... essentially setting characters backward to simulate potential progression.

Don't agree? Them map levels... lol.

No thank you.
"
Obviously I don't feel that way with PoE but I've lost count of the number of kickstarters I've found after the fact and gone 'SHIT those perks are awesome!'...

yeah, you're not the only one

:(
Fortunately all the games I kickstarted turned out to be great. Ones I ignored turned out to be the ones that never got updated with years of early access.

Oh, except for that Sui Generesis. What a disappointment.
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.
"
renderwurx wrote:
I bought only one supporter pack in order to get points for tabs. Other than that, since I see GGG making changes that reduce the power of chars... I am glad I haven;t supported further.

This game should be about getting more and more powerful... it isn't. At about level 60 or so... the "endgame" is unrewarding, the pace of increasing power is so slow and gated it's simply not worth playing.

I come back each major patch and play a little until I lose interest. I'm just too much of a sophisticated gamer to play for hours with drool pouring from the corner of my mouth grinding currency to purchase gear that really doesn't do anything to progress my character.

Instead of providing a rewarding path to progression, GGG has switched to the nerfing the game... essentially setting characters backward to simulate potential progression.

Don't agree? Them map levels... lol.

No thank you.

Way to slip an unrelated rant into the thread. ='[.]'=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
This is not a "bring back old supporter packs" thread.

This is not a "bring back exclusive content of any kind" thread.

This is a thread from a guy that is curious about a certain psychological effect I've become aware of that may or may not be very unhealthy. I want to ask other people that love this game or have supported it think on this matter because I have to admit it is driving me mildly nuts.

Here goes nothing.

Every time I browse the forums for either patch notes or builds and I see people loaded up with supporter packs that I've missed, it's like an itch. The self-kicking is so bad and it happens at a moment's notice.

This can't be normal. Or is it? Is this just a side-effect of 'limited edition' merchandise?

Spoiler
PS: Inb4 people with 5+ forum titles reply :D

I think it is normal.

I missed out on getting the red armor for one of the challenge leagues (was very close to getting it, but botched the effort and ran out of time) and when I see someone wearing it, I wish I had been able to get one. For me, it was a matter of patience, in both cases I pushed a little too fast for my meager HC skills. Had I waited another day or two, I would have had that armor.

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
Its called envy.
I remember that one time I bought an iPod because everyone else had one and it was shiny and droolinducing and much envy.

I played with it for a week, then never used it again. What a waste of money. I learned my lesson and never bought any apple products ever again.
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info