Why is GGG so against people getting level 100?

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Experience poe experience google search theres also calculators etc, I didnt really like the 2% nerf to 1% as lowest exp gained if someone wants to chain endless low lvl maps over l95 hats off to them.
Last edited by Fhark on Jul 23, 2015, 4:13:34 PM
Basically what they are doing is create a bunch of cool so-called end game content and then heavily restricting people's ability to access it through illogical reason/unconventional methods. This is where people have problem with.
"The launch day went quite well with just a few small hotfixes to address minor problems."

Heist League - GGG
Last edited by nononononono on Jul 23, 2015, 4:22:50 PM
"
That top .1% do it anyway and the rest of us can just be frustrated I guess. Seriously, can we not have maps go to level 90+ and just get hard as hell to run? Let them drop like candy, who cares? It would be SO MUCH better to have a challenge of building a strong enough character to be able to keep going instead of beating your head against diminishing returns with the map system we have.

Has anyone at GGG even played from 0-100 to see how much fun it is to get above 90 or so?

Their barbaric philosophy on leveling is this:

They want you get to get as quickly as possible to 80 (kudos to them on getting this right), then they force you to do level 68/69 maps until you get bored and quit. Some mindlessly grind those to 85ish, but even the mightiest of grinders get bored and quit.
Last edited by ZeuZLoD on Jul 23, 2015, 4:27:38 PM
Why is people so obsessed with lvl 100?

It wasn't intended that we ever reach 100. Only the extremely dedicated guys should get there, eventually. In my opinion, it's a joke that it is possible within a few days.

Make it harder to gain exp in very high levels.
Make it harder to play in parties.

(Someone has to speak in favour of the silent majority. Personally, I have no data about majorities but GGG should)
Dynamit,
Architekturkritik, die man tatsächlich sieht!

Farin Urlaub
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2nz5q9
"
Wraeklops wrote:
Why is people so obsessed with lvl 100?

It wasn't intended that we ever reach 100. Only the extremely dedicated guys should get there, eventually. In my opinion, it's a joke that it is possible within a few days.

Make it harder to gain exp in very high levels.
Make it harder to play in parties.

(Someone has to speak in favour of the silent majority. Personally, I have no data about majorities but GGG should)

100 within a few days? Hmm highest on Warbands right now is 97, and the league has been out what, 2 weeks tops? Not sure what drug you are on, but I definitely want a hit from some of that!
etup is almost 99.

2 weeks = 14 days, which is a few. from ob to first level 100 it was like what? half a year? a year?
Last edited by groelle on Jul 23, 2015, 5:54:52 PM
My issue regarding this is how higher level maps (77-82) are balanced around being content for level 95+ characters to play in terms of difficulty, as opposed to being suitable for a character of the same level as the map.

This is an unfair mechanic for sure.
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.
All this arguing over some arbitrary numbers called "levels". Who cares if a map with "level" 80 is balanced around a character being level "95". They're just stupid numbers.
10 additional passive points won't turn a average character to an OP character, just sayin'

I think they just to make it hard to hit the cap, the same way it is hard to hit stat cap on item, it's a high end, it shouldn't come easily... to say the least
Last edited by EnafAequi on Jul 23, 2015, 6:52:16 PM
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
All this arguing over some arbitrary numbers called "levels". Who cares if a map with "level" 80 is balanced around a character being level "95". They're just stupid numbers.

All the players with lvl 85+ characters trying to play such maps care.
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info