Why is GGG so against people getting level 100?

"

Small but important (to me) point here, but I'm not disgruntled. I don't feel that many people really are. I never felt entitled to hit the hard cap but the way I'm prevented from getting there feels very unsatisfying. XP starvation is just a horrible way to round out a character IMO. Come on, kill me a hundred times with stupidly hard content and show me that I'm a shitty player with shitty gear and bad reflexes, I can accept that.

Starve me out by depleting my currency trying to sustain a reasonably leveled map pool? No thanks.

Well ok, disgruntled, unhappy, irritated, etc. Your pick.

You'd be surprised, but you're feeling exactly like many people are. This topic is more than 2 years old, people would like being spanked by hard content that they'd have an access to, not through RNG/luck/currency.

Current maps are harder than before, but also produce a lot less maps. Which is really *insert any insulting word".
It's illogical and it makes no sense. Etup and those guys are already nearing the 100th lvl even faster than ever, despite these changes. They are the living proof that this system is just plain bad.

Again, I'm all for 100th lvl being very hard/time consuming to get, but not via luck or paying for it.

It's really disappointing coming back after ~1.5 year to find same old issues with the map system and an even worse leveling/mapping situation. It's fairly evident that our opinions don't matter at all, which is why I won't even discuss this topic, absolute waste of time.
Maintaining 75+ maps in indeed a significant problem. I don't get GGG's reasoning behind holding players back from what should be the end game.
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.
"
morbo wrote:
Expenditure driven RNG gated content and nerfed map drops serve primarily to force people into party-trade (= how GGG wants you to play this game), not to prevent them getting to 100.

Well if that's really the way GGG wants it to be then how about an in-game trade/auction system?
"
bhavv wrote:
Maintaining 75+ maps in indeed a significant problem. I don't get GGG's reasoning behind holding players back from what should be the end game.

Difficult is the key word here, some content must be hard to obtain and/or maintain or the game would end really boring. There is alway an important place in a game for challenges. I've been seeing a lot of thread this week complaining about, the difficulties of the new act, the maps, the death penalities, how it's hard to get the perfect gear, how it's hard to get to lvl 100 and end game content. Yeah it's hard and frustating I agree on that. But take the exact opposite, Diablo 3, it take you 1 day to grind your character to max level, then 3-4 days to get the gear to faceroll the entire game at the highest difficulty setting, result is you stop playing the game you're done.

So theses little walls we face off during the game if we remove them all like some suggest here, well the game will be dead soon enough. Even if it's frustating it is what keep the game active and the players interested.
"
bhavv wrote:

This so much. Let streamers get to 100 in a week if they want, dont screw over the whole community by this change!

Mapping was the only thing I mostly cared about in POE and its completely ruined. Running 72/73 maps for days is boring as f***.

Hope they up the drops a bit once the first streamers hit level 100 so we can have some fun with high level maps finally or at least have a chance to get them.
"
diablofdb wrote:
So theses little walls we face off during the game if we remove them all like some suggest here, well the game will be dead soon enough. Even if it's frustating it is what keep the game active and the players interested.

I don't think you've read the thread here at all. Nobody is advocating making the game easier. If anything, it could stand to be a bit harder and could become much much harder. What's messed up is that instead of getting harder the opportunities to get XP become so rare it becomes frustrating. Some people who have excellent resources (and abilities, I'm not suggesting the you don't even need to be good) are able to source the maps in sufficient volume to keep progressing. The vast majority can't afford the maps and the currency to roll all those maps.

If you want to suggest that the game is centered around grouping and trading then please call it an MMO so we can drop the idea of it being solo game. Hell yeah, then you can have your healer and your tank, and your DPS class and you can completely do away with leech and nobody will be able to play at all unless their group is on. But that's not the game we're here to play is it? Hell no! It's a solo game that doesn't even incorporate a trade system.

And I still love PoE, but sometimes it just makes you say what the ever lovin' fuck??!?
One fellow is already there, in HC. Many more are knocking on the door.

Seems that an average exile with average dedication and game knowledge should be able to get to level 100 eventually.

Just need to work at it! :)
"
Doesn't matter of the .1% they will do it regardless of outcome like an example etup.

Quoting myself from this thread:

"
knac84 wrote:
This game is all about "the economy" unfortunately. You want to nerf top ladder players? Nerf their monopolies in wealth acquisition: for example, add ways to get higher ilvl base items outside maps or low level maps thought some vendor recipes.

Tuning drop rates are not going to change the dynamics with wealth flowing to the top, which in the end will help them sustain higher level map pools. You need to nerf their income otherwise the only thing you will end up is frustrating 99% of the player base who cannot play 12h a day and trade 24/7 (neither has the goods to trade or the potential market, as the economy in this game is designed poorly when it comes to recycling of wealth and funds).

Early adopters and invested players will always have a relatively easier way to the top because wealth flows, is a question of how much of a monopoly can GGG give people at the top or how skewed is this wealth. Tuning map drop rate here and there may just delay that lvl 100 24h, but exponentially more for other players. As the possibility to transfer wealth to the top decreases (because people has more gear) and single players can accumulate less wealth, getting 100 will become relatively harder as the getting the wealth to sustain higher maps becomes harder. Is early monopoly which allows for such rapid progression.

That and ofc certain set-up's have to be nerfed (multiple phys damage conversion, get rid of that) so the game becomes more difficult and risky to the few face-rolling builds (meta is currently boring and one-dimensional due to this).

Everything is this game is about "trading" and "the economy". The only reason it's easier for hc players is because their ability to top the economy and have an oligopoly on certain things to generate income. Nerf that and they still will have an advantage (rightly so after all) due to time played and being @ top of the ladder, but it will become way harder than it's now as they will run into sustainability issues just like everybody.
"
If you want to suggest that the game is centered around grouping and trading then please call it an MMO so we can drop the idea of it being solo game.

This game is NOT designed to be a single player experience, the market is clearly designed into the balance of the game. You can play solo, but 'trading' is factored in balance in pretty much everything, and off course in endgame mapping. I would as far as saying that the way the game is envisioned to eb played by the majority from the devs is solo (not grouping, as the game runs like crap in big parties) and trading.

Is unbelievable people could think otherwise at this stage of the game, this has been clear since open beta started.
"
knac84 wrote:

This game is NOT designed to be a single player experience, the market is clearly designed into the balance of the game. You can play solo, but 'trading' is factored in balance in pretty much everything, and off course in endgame mapping.

And it has to be.

As long as there is any form of trading allowed in a game, it has to be balanced around what a trading player will achieve (iE buying a weapon twice as good as the last one every 10 levels).

If it were balanced around selffound/selfsustain, non-selffound players would have an absurd advantage, since trading is simply better than non-trading in every aspect.

Of course this hurts players trying to achieve a task on their own, but there's no way around it.

It's not GGG's fault.
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Last edited by Peterlerock on Jul 27, 2015, 6:25:45 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info