Out of 18x77s i ended up with only one 1x78

"
Crackmonster wrote:
Furthermore, the spreadsheet deals with higher maps than i talked about, where tilesets are different and often larger + higher map drop rates.

If you are talking about maps under level 77, you are off topic in this thread. Also, every map in that spreadsheet was corrupted.

By the way, if you think map drop rates get higher in higher level maps, it probably means you've smoked enough crack for today.
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
Last edited by tackle70 on Jul 30, 2015, 4:23:55 PM
"
Crackmonster wrote:
All in all it's not much harder than before to map.

Oh crap i realize its not that hard too,just use my gigantic map pools and my stockpiles of currency in standart and i can easily sustain high lvl maps easily.

wait the minute, im playing in temporary league now so uhh......
Don't have anything new to add to the discussion. But this thread can't get enough attention.
"bump"
GGG please do something. bump
Bump again GGG
This need to be adresssed and not ignored, getting slightly angry with the no response from GGG
I remember when beta was coming towards the end and people were complaining about map drops (lol) Chris mentioned that they were going to run a "complex simulation" of their map drops system to simulate actual map drops result for players and see if the results match their intended design.

Seeing as there has been no updates on this I'm guessing that either they are still working on it, or they just say f*** it the players can deal. And since the beta forums are gone I don't exactly know how to retrieve the original post...
"
libstayung wrote:
I remember when beta was coming towards the end and people were complaining about map drops (lol) Chris mentioned that they were going to run a "complex simulation" of their map drops system to simulate actual map drops result for players and see if the results match their intended design.

Seeing as there has been no updates on this I'm guessing that either they are still working on it, or they just say f*** it the players can deal. And since the beta forums are gone I don't exactly know how to retrieve the original post...

This is actually pretty much the problem and always has been with maps - GGG simulates their map drop model on the level of MILLIONS of maps. The system works as intended with a sample size that large. However, the standard deviation is just FAR too large on the probabilities, and so on real sample sizes of hundreds or a few thousand maps, the drops are ass.
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
BUMP for this post.

There are still no PATCHS / BALANCE to the horrible map drop rates... it really makes me laugh.
Trading still sucks
so ? cool story tho

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info