[2.0] "Circe" Lowlife BM CoC EE dual curse wander and official successor to shatterchuck. W/ Video!

"
oztaahh wrote:
"
ehlee64 wrote:

Yes, pretty much -- you have a good grasp on its mechanics. If you go into an EE map right now and fight a mob with high health watch its mods and watch how fast its resistances change.

I will definitely give it a try then! Im only a little worried about not using curse on hit with heralds. Assassin's mark also gives a huge dps boost and some hp and mana on kill.

Even if you're using heralds it shouldn't be too big of an issue, the CoC procs alternate so fast that it won't matter too much in the long run, if you're proccing using barrage only a few mobs will get hit by the ele dmg of your wand, and the rest is EE heaven. But you can test to your liking and see what works for you!

Edit: I forgot about the added ele damage to spells... Derp.. it might hurt you to use Heralds after all.
Last edited by ehlee64 on Jul 29, 2015, 6:23:26 PM
"
ehlee64 wrote:
"
oztaahh wrote:
"
ehlee64 wrote:

Yes, pretty much -- you have a good grasp on its mechanics. If you go into an EE map right now and fight a mob with high health watch its mods and watch how fast its resistances change.

I will definitely give it a try then! Im only a little worried about not using curse on hit with heralds. Assassin's mark also gives a huge dps boost and some hp and mana on kill.

Even if you're using heralds it shouldn't be too big of an issue, the CoC procs alternate so fast that it won't matter too much in the long run, if you're proccing using barrage only a few mobs will get hit by the ele dmg of your wand, and the rest is EE heaven. But you can test to your liking and see what works for you!

Edit: I forgot about the added ele damage to spells... Derp.. it might hurt you to use Heralds after all.

You're similarly blocked out of the anger aura, now that it adds fire damage directly to spells. Wrath is still fine, since it just gives a multiplier, but only to lightning damage so it's not very efficient if you're not focusing on pure lightning damage (and with EE you pretty much aren't). You could try Herald of Ash, still, though that'll only add a minor effect to your wand unless you're using glacial cascade or EK somewhere. That's why OP's gear has almost nothing but defense auras: discipline, grace, vitality, three purities. The only offensive one is haste.
Last edited by TimeDilation on Jul 29, 2015, 7:39:05 PM
Respeced to EE, testing it now. Thats my tree if anyone is interested

Now thinking about grabbing Piercing Shots. Paired with Poacher's Aim unique jewel it will give me 55% chance to pierce. I was playing KB wander on standart and i know that pierce is great for this skill. I guess it should proc spells much more often, shouldnt it? Is it a good option to go? What do you guys think ?
"
oztaahh wrote:
Hello, prfct1on.
First of all id like to say thank you for sharing this amazing build with the community, it is great ! Ive been watching some of your streams and was surprised by how coc performing nowadays after all those nerfs from GGG (<3). Now im trying to build something like this but on a budget, cause i play on warbands league. Ive put all my currency in volls protector and got it 6l (in 1200 fuses!), thats why i dont have alot of orbs to experiment but i want to respec in elemental equilibrium. Is it really worth it? In theory it should raise actual dps by alot, but i will lose some evasion, life and spell dmg nodes. Im not very familiar with EE, have never used it in any build, and even if it sounds easy, id like to hear something about it from a person who experimented with it and know its mechanic well. Thanks in advance for your answer.

Glad you're liking the build so far, and thanks for tuning into my twitch man. EE is seriously worth it. For little investment, you get a keystone that gives us a major boost in DPS. It truly does work.

If you'd like to try it for your self, spec into EE. Run a few higher maps, then spec out of EE and notice the difference.
Still playing around with my "life version" in Warbands, inspirated by this build and awaiting a shav's drop (+enlighten gem drops) so I can respec. Ty prfct1ion for the inputs so far.

The current issues I have are survivability in maps, specially against phys mobs (that Exile doing leap slam almost 1 shots me and I have to kite like hell). Been trying to stack armour/life (3k life) and added AA now, so running Haste+PoE+AA as auras/buffs. 0.4% cold leech with belt+wand.

Offensive stats with haste and Ice golem are 2.3 APS, 91 chance to hit and about 86 crit chance with 7 PC's up.

Am not able to sustain RF yet. If I use PoF the fire resists are 82% (135%), with ruby flask 95%. Need to level my PoF a bit more (when my empower levels up, i will link the helmet for auras).

Am still not sure if picking Eldritch Battery was wise. KB is not sustainable at all and Barrage requires atleast 2 jewels with +ES on hit. It feels like the new EB is better off for casters not spamming spells.

My current tree @ level 80 (consider it as for leveling and awaiting shav's drop to be able to respec);
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwAABx4N0Q5IDlwPqxEPEZYWQBa_Fy8ZihqPHNwdFCBuJIsmlSj6KgsqOC0fLag1kjY9OlhBlkV-SVFKyEtXTLNQMFF0VUtVxlXWXfJfsGHiY0Nk52aeavpsRmyMbWxuqm-ecFJw1XJsdwd7w3_Ggh6C5IMJhX2HE4nTiq-MC4w2j0aQEZUglS6YrZuhm7WcpJ2qoqOnCKyYrrOxkLVItfK31riTuXy-gL68wOPB88M6ykrQ9di92wvbWdte6-7ssPDV8bPz6vba99f60vsJ?accountName=boondoxsaints&characterName=Zakkiza

Gear;
Spoiler

Does anyone know how EE works since I have +light to attacks on one ring and +cold to attacks in the other ring? It means that the Barrage (attack) hits with both light/cold in the very first shot. Am I nerfing myself with those rings?
"
"
oztaahh wrote:
Hello, prfct1on.
First of all id like to say thank you for sharing this amazing build with the community, it is great ! Ive been watching some of your streams and was surprised by how coc performing nowadays after all those nerfs from GGG (<3). Now im trying to build something like this but on a budget, cause i play on warbands league. Ive put all my currency in volls protector and got it 6l (in 1200 fuses!), thats why i dont have alot of orbs to experiment but i want to respec in elemental equilibrium. Is it really worth it? In theory it should raise actual dps by alot, but i will lose some evasion, life and spell dmg nodes. Im not very familiar with EE, have never used it in any build, and even if it sounds easy, id like to hear something about it from a person who experimented with it and know its mechanic well. Thanks in advance for your answer.

Glad you're liking the build so far, and thanks for tuning into my twitch man. EE is seriously worth it. For little investment, you get a keystone that gives us a major boost in DPS. It truly does work.

If you'd like to try it for your self, spec into EE. Run a few higher maps, then spec out of EE and notice the difference.

Speced into EE, and i can say its amazing. Still testing it, but i have some ideas to make the build shine on a budget in new leagues. I will write a post here when im done with all experiments.
What about use Mantra of Flames?
"
boondoxsaints wrote:
Still playing around with my "life version" in Warbands, inspirated by this build and awaiting a shav's drop (+enlighten gem drops) so I can respec. Ty prfct1ion for the inputs so far.

The current issues I have are survivability in maps, specially against phys mobs (that Exile doing leap slam almost 1 shots me and I have to kite like hell). Been trying to stack armour/life (3k life) and added AA now, so running Haste+PoE+AA as auras/buffs. 0.4% cold leech with belt+wand.

A lot of builds are having survival issues right now. In 1.3 you wanted at least 4k if not 4.5k life to be relatively safe from insta-gibs in high level maps. Damage has been scaled up and defenses nerfed in 2.0, so if you're well under the 4k threshold you're going to have a lot more problems not dying as soon as a hit gets through.

You might want to ditch the haste for another defensive aura, like grace.

"
boondoxsaints wrote:
Am still not sure if picking Eldritch Battery was wise. KB is not sustainable at all and Barrage requires atleast 2 jewels with +ES on hit. It feels like the new EB is better off for casters not spamming spells.

An Elreon's -8 amulet can solve a lot of those problems. Of course, if you have a voll's devotion, then you're going to want to find a way to use that, but if you don't then you can run a non-GMP barrage setup at about 2 MP per use, which is easily sustainable. KB has always been nightmarishly expensive on MP. It pretty much requires blood magic to sustain. Note, though, that if mobs are routinely tagged with Assassin's mark then you will get a significant amount of mana back on kill, and Warlord's Mark will let you leech mana. So for clearing Assassin's Mark mostly turns it into an issue of getting started: once you've got the Assassin's Mark routinely hitting mobs you'll be sustained.

"
boondoxsaints wrote:
Does anyone know how EE works since I have +light to attacks on one ring and +cold to attacks in the other ring? It means that the Barrage (attack) hits with both light/cold in the very first shot. Am I nerfing myself with those rings?

You're nerfing yourself at least a little bit, unless the first attack that hits anything is straight fire damage. Whatever gets hit by the barrage gains lightning and cold resistance boosts, and a fire resistance penalty. So if lightning hits first (pretty much guaranteed with arc), they're not taking as much damage. You might not see a huge difference as long as each of your spells is a pure element damage type, as they will quickly re-set the penalties/bonuses, but you are tanking your damage a little bit.
Hello prfct1on!

Everything seems to be going well on WB right now though I haven't taken some of the crit nodes and my crit feels lacking -- don't have Malis yet either, but will have them in a day or two. I wanted to ask your input about the best base for wands now that the lower aps wands are 1.3 up from 1.2 with higher crit. Might solve some crit problems or do you feel that the extra aps from imbued wands is necessary?

Edit: Man for some reason I thought the 9%s were bumped up to 1.3... I'm tired and not paying attention I guess. Nevermind about the question.
Last edited by ehlee64 on Jul 30, 2015, 8:40:46 PM
Eh, is RF bugged now? I can suddenly sustain a level 19 RF with no purity at all, nor endgame gear, wtf?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info