[2.0] "Circe" Lowlife BM CoC EE dual curse wander and official successor to shatterchuck. W/ Video!

"
Young_One wrote:
"
NewbieDOTcom wrote:

Why did you all go straight up from Elemental Equilibrium? Its 4 nodes (gem slot 5 and if you need Dex 6, etc.) instead of just going two nodes above the instability route? is it due to the needed 30 dex since there are other areas to go 2 nodes just for a jewel spot that saves a node point for something else? You all have me sorta confused on the choice in this section of the tree especially prfct1on who does not even use the dex node if I remember correctly. What am I missing on your guys choice on this route.

Good question man, I have since updated my tree from the post, this is what it currently looks like.

I had a bad pathing error, fixed now. I need 10 more DEX, so that node near vaal pact is there to cover that.

Hi man
first of all grats to prfct1on and you for this build and his variation

I have checked your tree for the budget one and have noticed that you have taken the written in blood wheel (20% life, 25%ES, 10str) spending 4 pts

If you remove them and take the int node above alacrity to close the path and use the 3 pts to take Unnatural Calm (30%ES, 15%ES rech rate, +1%max light res)

you would gain some interesting stats loosing just the 20%life that is unusefull, isn't it?

You should end up with something like this

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMA34rpAkuuGyXZW20ZEVA1uacrHU8tH0yzlSAgbq6zwfNQMEGWoqNcitte0PV_xhEPkyd-WRGWwcWsmL6KDkjsGPfXytOhLw3RXfKP-nC7hEibobQMY0Nw1dDQe9fr9dkTXGuPRhhqRnHquonTX2pknS9vw22nCB0UOVKDCeGIDXxwUvId2t360lgHb54dqlfJZp4XL5ykykoo-hZAcg8ksIcTmK2FfVnzgKR3B6yqcqn3MuoY-OsUcQ48OlLfv4Zg209hUjbo4MPvTgHnhyklvIbRpzAnC5_Lg7Y=
Last edited by Viriniul on Jul 29, 2015, 11:08:07 AM
Finally got my 6L Shavs on Warbands! Bought some rare gear and leveling a Witch. Currently 54, will probably switch to the set up around 70. Still need to get some Maligaros and take VP, and hopefully upgrade wand/shield down the line + start chancing a Shavs ring. Super excited for the next few days! I will tell you how it goes.
Sorry for double post but I took note of your Arc/Firestorm/Ice Nova links you mentioned earlier and worked wonders on my life based char, even without EE! I really saw how much of a punch it packs in EE maps, nice work!
Hello, prfct1on.
First of all id like to say thank you for sharing this amazing build with the community, it is great ! Ive been watching some of your streams and was surprised by how coc performing nowadays after all those nerfs from GGG (<3). Now im trying to build something like this but on a budget, cause i play on warbands league. Ive put all my currency in volls protector and got it 6l (in 1200 fuses!), thats why i dont have alot of orbs to experiment but i want to respec in elemental equilibrium. Is it really worth it? In theory it should raise actual dps by alot, but i will lose some evasion, life and spell dmg nodes. Im not very familiar with EE, have never used it in any build, and even if it sounds easy, id like to hear something about it from a person who experimented with it and know its mechanic well. Thanks in advance for your answer.
"
oztaahh wrote:
Hello, prfct1on.
First of all id like to say thank you for sharing this amazing build with the community, it is great ! Ive been watching some of your streams and was surprised by how coc performing nowadays after all those nerfs from GGG (<3). Now im trying to build something like this but on a budget, cause i play on warbands league. Ive put all my currency in volls protector and got it 6l (in 1200 fuses!), thats why i dont have alot of orbs to experiment but i want to respec in elemental equilibrium. Is it really worth it? In theory it should raise actual dps by alot, but i will lose some evasion, life and spell dmg nodes. Im not very familiar with EE, have never used it in any build, and even if it sounds easy, id like to hear something about it from a person who experimented with it and know its mechanic well. Thanks in advance for your answer.

Congrats on your Voll's man! My two cents is that EE is absolutely amazing when you're alternating elemental damage types -- if you're wondering how much damage it does just think about how much damage you take when your resists aren't capped... it's quite alot! Most single elemental builds run some form of elemental penetration, but in CoC we don't have the luxury of speccing into penetration because of different elements, so EE really helps us mitigate that problem.
Here i am, with another question, barrage should be exactly at lvl 4 and kinetic blast at lvl 1? If so, why's that? Also, quality on these gems doesn't matter?
"
CRE_AGA wrote:
Here i am, with another question, barrage should be exactly at lvl 4 and kinetic blast at lvl 1? If so, why's that? Also, quality on these gems doesn't matter?

Barrage and KB are trigger spells and don't contribute much DPS for us so we don't level up because they increase in mana cost as they level up, we want to keep the mana cost as low as possible for smooth gameplay. Quality on barrage contributes to its projectile damage, so it does not matter. Quality on KB increases its AOE radius of the explosions, which could contribute to more CoC procs, so it can be useful but not extremely necessary -- more of a luxury than anything.
"
ehlee64 wrote:
"
oztaahh wrote:
Hello, prfct1on.

Congrats on your Voll's man! My two cents is that EE is absolutely amazing when you're alternating elemental damage types -- if you're wondering how much damage it does just think about how much damage you take when your resists aren't capped... it's quite alot! Most single elemental builds run some form of elemental penetration, but in CoC we don't have the luxury of speccing into penetration because of different elements, so EE really helps us mitigate that problem.

Hello! Thx for your 2 cents ) Its helpful. Well, thats what im thinking about. -res is amazing, thats why id like to spec into EE. Id like to clarify some points though: I shouldnt use any herald or any other +elemental dmg to spell to make it work, right ? Lets say i use coc + arctic breath + arc and i have "adds fire dmg to attacks" on my wand. Firstly i hit with kinetic blast that adds fire dmg and mobs get -50 to cold and light res, then i hit with arc, cause its faster than AB, and mobs get -50 to fire and cold res, then i hit with AB and it repeats again. Does it work like this ?
"
oztaahh wrote:
"
ehlee64 wrote:
"
oztaahh wrote:
Hello, prfct1on.

Hello! Thx for your 2 cents ) Its helpful. Well, thats what im thinking about. -res is amazing, thats why id like to spec into EE. Id like to clarify some points though: I shouldnt use any herald or any other +elemental dmg to spell to make it work, right ? Lets say i use coc + arctic breath + arc and i have "adds fire dmg to attacks" on my wand. Firstly i hit with kinetic blast that adds fire dmg and mobs get -50 to cold and light res, then i hit with arc, cause its faster than AB, and mobs get -50 to fire and cold res, then i hit with AB and it repeats again. Does it work like this ?

Yes, pretty much -- you have a good grasp on its mechanics. If you go into an EE map right now and fight a mob with high health watch its mods and watch how fast its resistances change.
"
ehlee64 wrote:

Yes, pretty much -- you have a good grasp on its mechanics. If you go into an EE map right now and fight a mob with high health watch its mods and watch how fast its resistances change.

I will definitely give it a try then! Im only a little worried about not using curse on hit with heralds. Assassin's mark also gives a huge dps boost and some hp and mana on kill.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info