So instead of a troll-mantle now we have a troll-mjonier

Cameria's Maul is perfect for Glacial Hammer Build. That was the first build that came into mind when I saw it at least.
Just another Forum Signature in a Sea of Signatures.
Good job Rich, I like that design.
I liked it so much I bought one. not bad for 1 chaos.

Now to get my Ice Crash crit Marauder to 60.
There comes a time thief when jewels cease to sparkle, gold loses it's luster, throne room becomes a prison, and all that's left is a father's love for his child. - King Osric
"
Boem wrote:

Your chances of chancing a mjollnir are still the same as prior to the creation of this unique.

your inability to comprehend this fact, or unwillingness to educate yourself enough on this system so you can cope with it is your own doing and is what leads to these illogical and retarded emotional states.

If the game asigns "Unique rarity tier 1" --> "gavel base type" a mjollnir is brought into existence for the player.

If the game asigns "unique rarity tier 3"(which i assume this new gavel will be in, either 2 or 3) ---> "
gavel base type" this new gavel is formed.

Unique rarity tier comes prior to base-type.

Does the loot mechanics in PoE really working that way?

I'm just a noob, but much of the 'drop-behaviour' in this game works (or at least, feels)
like it worked in Diablo2.

There it was like:

Monter will drop Item - check rarity for this item - is Unique true, drop this Unique - are there multiple Uniques sharing the same baseitem, pick one random with better chance for the lower tier - drop.

That would mean that shared baseitems lowering the drop rate for the higher Tier Unique.
That was the reason (apart of a rarely dropping baseitem) for the extreme rarity for Tyraels Might in D2.

But again - just a noob.
I would really like to see statistics around this, maybe stats for chancing this item before and after introducing this new Gavel.
"better to simply go balls deep full retard if you gonna go retard." -Boem-

My opinion is that very rare T1 uniques should not share the base. you could with multiple other uniques, but not t1.
The thrill of the moment you drop that orange text it's a positive experience and it's good for the game and for the players.

It's not good constantly flooding the players with the sensation they got the preceding number of a lottery's winning ticket ..

my 2 cents

p.s.: I already have mjolner, as I have shav.. so it's a genuine opionion!
Visit my shop!

〆〆〆 ( ( ( THE BALROG'S BAZAAR ) ) ) 〆〆〆
"
Hunwulf wrote:
"
Boem wrote:
Unique rarity tier comes prior to base-type.

Does the loot mechanics in PoE really working that way?

This is how it works. Rarity then Item Base.
Last edited by Lyralei on Jul 20, 2015, 6:48:57 AM
"
"
innervation wrote:
"
I know other designers who have been told NO flat out to better ideas than this joke of an item. Where once GGG seemed to care a bit more about the integrity of the game (I can't help but feel this was the pre-Nick era of item design, before he came along and started contradicting existing design restrictions), its clear to me someone at GGG found this "funny" when its entirely based on something that is not: hypocrisy.

That is all. Feel free to say "salty" or whatever. Most of you will never contribute enough for your opinion on item design to really mean anything to me anyway.

How this item is poorly designed?

Why are you asking me that? I never said it was. My point is entirely about the intention of the item, which is public knowledge, and that GGG have allowed an item that is specifically designed to 'troll' other users to be put into the game when other, FAR MORE INTERESTING 'troll' uniques have been naysayed for being 'troll' uniques.

If anything, I have said that the item itself probably has its usage and that people will find them:

"
I wouldn't have looked twice at it (the design isn't blatantly trolling, and I'm sure people will find uses for it)

So do yourself and don't put words into my mouth, because the ones already coming out of it say more than enough on the matter.

Put words in your mouth? There's no more room for words in your mouth the way you talk out of both sides of it.

On the one hand the Gavel has a useful design that players will use, positively, in game.

On the other hand the Gavel hurts your feelerinos, which is negative.

On a third hand (I guess we're tentacle miscreations) you apparently have identified different tiers of 'interesting' troll items, and that, having turned down more interesting troll items, GGG should have turned this one down, because you think it's not interesting enough to offset how much of a 'joke' it is.

You call it a joke item, right in the middle of a paragraph that uses a form of the word 'design' 3 times in two sentences.

I can't imagine how I got the idea that you might think it's poorly designed.

--

"
One core principle to custom design from the start has been in disallowing items that give negative player experience. I've seen much cleverer "troll" items get turned down, so I guess GGG gave up trying to enforce that one.

Not GGG's finest hour.

But player experience is subjective. There have been multiple people in this thread saying they think the item is great. What you really seem upset about is that GGG doesn't agree with you. For someone who claims to have supported custom designs almost constantly, I'm just surprised that THIS is the item causing you to flip tables and bash GGG.

Because at the end of the day, this is his design. It has multiple positive use cases. Just because some people can't manage their expectations about loot drops in a game in which 99.99999% of drops are not end game perfect roll optimal best in slot pieces, doesn't mean the rest of us can't find a decent item, and enjoy the ride of it maybe being something godly (but probably not).

Edit: As Clive asked earlier: what are you people going to say when each base item has 3-4 uniques attached to it?

Cause that IS an eventuality over a long enough time period. And some will be less valuable than others, creating the same issue. Intentions will be out the window, so how will you frame your argument then?
Last edited by innervation on Jul 20, 2015, 7:16:29 AM
I think it boils down to the OT hating this new item because he either wants to do a Mjolner Build with Self Finding or he's just trying to complain that eventually each Base Item will get Uniques for their own type.

I find it nice with this one to be honest as it pretty much encourages players to do more builds as each patch invalidates certain builds and opens up new ones as well.
Just another Forum Signature in a Sea of Signatures.
"
I liked it so much I bought one. not bad for 1 chaos.

Now to get my Ice Crash crit Marauder to 60.

the whole point is to find one , that is the whole point of its existence to give the player the rize of seeing that brown gavel name and then soul crushed when its not mjolnier . buying one just kills it.
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
the whole point is to find one , that is the whole point of its existence to give the player the rize of seeing that brown gavel name and then soul crushed when its not mjolnier . buying one just kills it.
I wasn't aware of the existence of this item.

A couple of days ago, a random monster dropped a unique Gavel in a perm alloc palace map, for a few seconds I couldn't believe it :

- "Nooooo, and it's for meeeeee"...

*checks inv for enough room*
*yes !!*
*slowly clicks on the item to avoid any mistake*
*opens inventory*
*watches unid item*

- "WTF, did they change mjolner skin ? that's weird"...

*identifies item*
*<insert hiroshima-like scream here>*

"WHAAAAAAT THHHHHE FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF is this ???!!11!!"

*links guilty item to other ppl in party*
- "ahaha dude gz you just found troll gavel*

One of the biggest deception in my whole PoE life.
There's a lot of things GGG can be proud of, but I don't congratulate them for this....
Last edited by FNX_Heroes on Jul 20, 2015, 8:27:53 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info