So instead of a troll-mantle now we have a troll-mjonier

"
Disrupted wrote:
Considering NuclearRaven lost OCCUltist vestment due to all the mindless whining (though more ES was gained, the wordplay was lost), I applaud Rich for doing this.

Hope we get to see the third leg eventually, still waiting for it if he feels its worth to put his money to it.

God that angers me so fucking much.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
The tears are strong in this thread.

You do know, upset people, that in all likelihood Rich is reading this thread and laughing, right?

Mission Accomplished!
"
coatofarms wrote:
The tears are strong in this thread.

You do know, upset people, that in all likelihood Rich is reading this thread and laughing, right?

Mission Accomplished!

Guy paid 1000$ to piss people off cmon even Charan doesn't do that; His weapons are actually useful.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
If this really upset me bad, I personally wouldn't give Rich the satisfaction by expressing my feelings publicly. But to each his own.

I feel you though. I remember feeling the excitement when seeing the "Occultist Vestment" drop, and then scrolling over and feeling the immense letdown too.
I find all this salt to be pretty hilarious... It's just like all the salt back when Infernal Mantle was allowed to be an Occultist's Vestment. To me, it comes across as a mix of "people don't know how the game works" and "people think too highly of themselves." I mean, think on it:

• Why so upset that you got something NOT QUITE AS GOOD? That's like being pissed off when your lottery ticket only gets you $50 instead of $1,000,000. It's not like random chance/RNG owes you anything.
  • Contrary to popular belief, lower-tier uniques do NOT cut into the odds of getting a higher-tier one: it is actually the other way around. (it checks first to see if it's a top-tier unique you rolled, even if that tier doesn't exist for that item type; in those cases it drops down to the highest available tier)
  • For those spaming chance-scour, this isn't that big a deal. It's not like you spent much on socketing/linking the item. (3L and all)
  • Also, let's face it: given the "Thrift Shop Rule," chancing for uniques ALWAYS averages to a losing proposition in the end; whenever it doesn't, people all rush to do it, driving chance prices up (And unique prices down) until that rule is satisfied. As I'd stated in prior threads, you get ~28.8 chance-scours per exalt. Your odds of chancing a Mjölner are DEFINITELY worse than the 1/1,296 odds where it'd break even with a 45ex selling price.

As far as the design, naming, and theme... I DO have to applaud Rich on this. Successful troll is successful.
Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster
Last edited by ACGIFT on Jul 19, 2015, 5:43:52 PM
If the creator of Mjolner doesn't like having another unique sharing the same base, can he get Mjolner changed to a rock breaker (with appropriate str, int & level restrictions to match)? If this happens, can RichJM then ask to have his maul moved to the new base? etc.
"
RogueMage wrote:
"
Boem wrote:

Then again, your post imply's you don't really desire any change.
So have fun with the continue's negative feels sir.

Troll-Boem >> Troll-Mjolner

If i really wanted to be a massive troll, i'd start theory-crafting a top-end permafreeze MF'er dual wielding these bad boys.

Then make a guide for the build.

Going ham with 400%iir making the price of this item skyrocket and pissing off richjmoney.

Seems like the more logical solution to the salt.

Peace,

-Boem-

edit : typo
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Last edited by Boem on Jul 19, 2015, 6:36:58 PM
Honestly, i don't understand what the big deal is, an item drops and there are two possible things that can come out of it. One good, and one not so good. That sounds like a normal gamble to me which is basically most of this game when it comes to gear. The intention may have been to be a troll item, but I just don't see it that way. Hell I spent like 2 hours today rolling items to get what i want and still don't have what i wanted, but hey that's part of the game. I think GGG made a good call on it if they don't want "troll" items in the game. I honestly wouldn't mind because it's funny even if it happens to me, but i totally understand why they wouldn't because some people just can't stand being tricked and is pretty negative experience.

Just wanted to throw my 2 cents in...

There can only be one Oatmeal.
Last edited by billyoatmeal on Jul 19, 2015, 6:47:24 PM
"
Interesting point. I wonder if GGG consulted with Mizzajl on this. I suppose given the "hate" won't be directed their way but instead at the clown who willingly created a booby prize

So wait... When people bought an artifact, that gave them a degree of ownership over the base item?
Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster
Honestly if you can't just laugh and shrug it off when an item like this drops for you, you need to lighten the fuck up. The better lot of us know that the item existing has absolutely no bearing on mjolner's rarity, so what's the issue?

This guy probably had more overall impact on the game than 80% of other designers, so I say job well done.
IGN: Smegmazoid
Long live the new Flesh

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info