So instead of a troll-mantle now we have a troll-mjonier

"
Septile wrote:
You people are massively overreacting. Cameria's maul isn't a lost mjolner, it's not even close to the same unique tier. It wouldn't have been a mjolner drop regardless of Cameria's existence. This is like a child throwing a tantrum because the candy they were given is not the exact piece of candy they wanted because the second they heard the word "candy" they expected the exact piece of candy they had in mind.

Oh don't sugar coat it it's the same fucking reaction to troll-mantle why do you think we complained? It's a unique gavel of course our brain's going to be like oh mjonier!?!? nope joke false hope.

Same with infernal mantle; It was a good unique but it wasn't obviously a heart beating fucking moment that's what pissed everyone off. Goes from excitement to disappointment end of story.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Jul 19, 2015, 3:21:40 AM
And I said that people were ridiculous for complaining about infernal mantle as well. My analogy remains completely accurate, if you allow your expectations to shape your reality then you're going to be constantly disappointed and never satisfied.
"
"
TwistedTrip wrote:
I will say it is surprising to see Infernal Mantle get moved to another base, only to have a similar case replace it. Feels as though nothing was solved at all.

NuclearRaven didn't want his item sharing slots with an overpowered game-breaker.

RichMoney did.

That's the fundamental difference.

Are they still planning on moving either Shavs or Mantle to a separate base? I remember that was a thing at one point, not sure if it's still in the works.

I feel for NuclearRaven, their armor is a cool design and it gets unfairly hated on mercilessly.
+1 Shavs Project -----> /1075009
+1 Acuity Project ----> /990159
#1 6 t1 Wand FOE BITE (5 perfect mods) SOLD /1031745
The Tale of Foe Bite --->>> http://tinyurl.com/o6ox7an
Infernal mantle - > became Spidersilk robe.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"

oh. great then!
+1 Shavs Project -----> /1075009
+1 Acuity Project ----> /990159
#1 6 t1 Wand FOE BITE (5 perfect mods) SOLD /1031745
The Tale of Foe Bite --->>> http://tinyurl.com/o6ox7an
"
JakeAlmighty wrote:
"

oh. great then!

but a supporter made a new troll unique :_; that's not great!
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
I have don't have a huge issue with it, prior to this it was a guaranteed Mjolner if a unique gavel dropped, in saying that though they could just up the chance of it being a Mjolner. I don't think people should be pointing the blame at the creator, it's GGG's decision to allow these or not and they obviously don't have an issue with it..yet.

It's all fun guys don't be so serious it wasn't your 1000 bucks.
"
JakeAlmighty wrote:
"

oh. great then!

It is. Found one the day before yesterday. I saw a unique Spidersilk drop and thought "Ah, great, a new Infernal Mantle." I considered using it because of 5xx ES, but then, on a Lightning Tendrils char that's kinda pointless.

I also think what septile wrote is correct. Were there not the troll item, every unique gavel that dropped would have been a Mjölnir, so, especially when you don't know about the new troll item, your brain is correct in expecting specific candy.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
Well. Just farm my card if you want a mjolnir :D
IGN: JerleNecroDD/JerleNecroRuthless
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?
"
I don't say this lightly: some people need to really rethink how they spend their money.

Chris told me when I was fighting for Infernal Mantle to be moved to another base that there were players asking to have duplicate uniques. I wish I could say I was surprised, but it takes all sorts.

I'm more amazed they allowed that item name.

EDIT: Guildie just found one -- the name is a little less painful but knowing the backstory doesn't help.

I will trash this item if I ever find it on principle. Someone wants to waste their money, I'm happy to indulge.

And that's coming from someone who defends custom designs almost constantly.

One core principle to custom design from the start has been in disallowing items that give negative player experience. I've seen much cleverer "troll" items get turned down, so I guess GGG gave up trying to enforce that one.

Not GGG's finest hour.

I'm not sure I understand your criticism (it sounds like you are privy to some classified GGG information that we're not based on the last full paragraph). Is it really just that you see this as GGG going back on their word or is it more than that?

From my point of view, finding the gavel or occultist's was akin to reaching the point just before the top of the first big hill of a roller coaster, or perhaps like coming down from being scared in a horror movie. Physiologically and psychologically those feelings, just taken purely and in a vaccuum aren't healthy - in the sense that you wouldn't want to spend 24 hours feeling like that.

But a lot of people still consider those experiences fun. So I don't find the idea of a troll unique offensive, on those grounds. If it's purely about GGG not letting some ppl do it, but now letting this guy, I guess I can see the...indignation?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info