So instead of a troll-mantle now we have a troll-mjonier

Listen guy if it wasn't a gavel nobody would be bashing it; End of story.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Might be pretty sweet using those only can kill frozen enemy gloves (southbound?) as well.
Should have made it a siege axe <.<

Your entire premise is wrong and you should know that, since i expect you to know that "unique" rolls before "item base" in the loot allocation system.

Making the modifier on the item "gavel" completely useless in the distribution phase.

Peace,

-Boem-

edit :

What happens if GGG introduces a gavel item that is stronger then mjollnir?

Does mjollnir suddenly become a troll item?

Illogical.
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Last edited by Boem on Jul 19, 2015, 11:44:00 AM
"
DJMASTAJEFF wrote:
Might be pretty sweet using those only can kill frozen enemy gloves (southbound?) as well.
That's what I though about as soon as it dropped. Definitely want to give it a go.
"
Boem wrote:
What happens if GGG introduces a gavel item that is stronger then mjollnir?

Does mjollnir suddenly become a troll item?

Illogical.
/Thread.

The rationale behind Cameria's creation would not have value but for the skewed perceptions and irrational expectations of a few vocal players (looking at you, Ember boxes...).

The sad part is how the internet, with it's ease of access and communication, is able to concentrate these like-minded people into specific minority populations on certain websites, making people believe their perception is 'correct' because of all the group validation.

When I read stuff like this, I seriously question how poorly adjusted these individuals must be in real life, what with their sense of entitlement, and it no longer shocks me at how many people I meet that seem to think the world owes them something for whatever inane indignity the world forced upon them...
"We were going to monitor the situation but it was in the wrong aspect ratio."
Last edited by Garr0t on Jul 19, 2015, 4:08:49 PM
Damned straight, Garrot/Boem
I think i figured out a solution to the problem of uniques using same base items.

The 3d image on the ground is just a cardboard box, the loot text just says unique, and you don't know what the item is until you pick it up and ID it.

That should solve the problem of OMGGGG GAVVEELLL... Fuck me...
There comes a time thief when jewels cease to sparkle, gold loses it's luster, throne room becomes a prison, and all that's left is a father's love for his child. - King Osric
"
I don't say this lightly: some people need to really rethink how they spend their money.

Chris told me when I was fighting for Infernal Mantle to be moved to another base that there were players asking to have duplicate uniques. I wish I could say I was surprised, but it takes all sorts.

I'm more amazed they allowed that item name.

EDIT: Guildie just found one -- the name is a little less painful but knowing the backstory doesn't help.

I will trash this item if I ever find it on principle. Someone wants to waste their money, I'm happy to indulge.

And that's coming from someone who defends custom designs almost constantly.

One core principle to custom design from the start has been in disallowing items that give negative player experience. I've seen much cleverer "troll" items get turned down, so I guess GGG gave up trying to enforce that one.

Not GGG's finest hour.

Well said. I tend to believe this hurts the game's overall health more so than it helps.
Still in the alpha stage, but at least build diversity isn't an issue: https://wolcengame.com/home/
Last edited by JNF on Jul 19, 2015, 1:03:34 PM
"
FadeXF wrote:
As a guy who is actively chancing gavels and trying to get a Mjols I can say I am actually a bit pissed off if that quote is legit of the guy who asked to create it: there was always ill intentions behind having the item created.

As Boem said at the top of the page, and what I was going to get at earlier when I asked what I did of Charan: please think through the following thought experiment of PoE 3 years from now.

New uniques are created as the weeks turn into months turn into years. At some point every base item in the game will have 2 uniques attached to it. What then? In over half of the cases one will be better than the other - regardless of the designer's intentions. The weaker item becomes, by your guys' definition (not mine), a 'troll drop'.

So the designer's intentions in NO WAY affect the reality of the situation you face in this scenario (which, although hypothetical, is inevitable over a long enough time period). Trolljonir is just the first of many. I'd recommend getting used to it and enjoying the ride - like the moment before you turn in your 5 'the gambler'. You could get trolled and get 1x gambler. Or you could get something good. Just try to enjoy that suspenseful moment of opening your present.
"
innervation wrote:
"
FadeXF wrote:
As a guy who is actively chancing gavels and trying to get a Mjols I can say I am actually a bit pissed off if that quote is legit of the guy who asked to create it: there was always ill intentions behind having the item created.

As Boem said at the top of the page, and what I was going to get at earlier when I asked what I did of Charan: please think through the following thought experiment of PoE 3 years from now.

New uniques are created as the weeks turn into months turn into years. At some point every base item in the game will have 2 uniques attached to it. What then? In over half of the cases one will be better than the other - regardless of the designer's intentions. The weaker item becomes, by your guys' definition (not mine), a 'troll drop'.

So the designer's intentions in NO WAY affect the reality of the situation you face in this scenario (which, although hypothetical, is inevitable over a long enough time period). Trolljonir is just the first of many. I'd recommend getting used to it and enjoying the ride - like the moment before you turn in your 5 'the gambler'. You could get trolled and get 1x gambler. Or you could get something good. Just try to enjoy that suspenseful moment of opening your present.

Perhaps you haven't been around for very long, but at the rate that new uniques are made, there are plenty of bases left that are available. We just got Makareth bases for instance. The very fact that the creator of the Infernal Mantle (NuclearRaven) recognized the resentment and negativity that his unique unwittingly caused and his response by requesting that GGG change its base shows a great deal about his character, whereas the creator of this new unique openly expressed his intent to troll the Path of Exile player base. There's something inherently wrong with that notion, or do you not get that?
Still in the alpha stage, but at least build diversity isn't an issue: https://wolcengame.com/home/
Last edited by JNF on Jul 19, 2015, 1:14:28 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info