So instead of a troll-mantle now we have a troll-mjonier

My original proposal for my unique item to GGG was basically a 'Forgery' unique. It could show up dropped as any other unique and it'd have the unique art but it'd have crap stats.

Sadly, they shot that down. Imagine the hate I could have garnered for myself.
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
Last edited by CliveHowlitzer on Jul 19, 2015, 6:23:07 AM
"
My original proposal for my unique item to GGG was basically a 'Forgery' unique. It could show up dropped as any other unique and it'd have the unique art but it'd have crap stats.

Still hates you for even having the thought of it.
"
Imagine the hate I could have garnered for myself.

If its hate your yearning for,
then you just have to make something rarer and more usefull than shavs.
The trick is to make it unnerfable.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcKqhDFhNHI
Last edited by Lachdanan on Jul 19, 2015, 8:15:34 AM

i think its funny, double dropped with an onyx amulet, right away I laughed and cursed rich money, mouse over onyx, astramentis, mouse over gavel... god damn it rich...

I dunno, thats how he wanted me to feel, that makes it funny for me. Infernal Mantle is a good item thats been tarred by the troll brush, this isnt a good item.
Seems like a good weapon for Glacial Hammer to me. But then, I have a level 84 witch that has a hard time on level 72 maps, so what do I know?
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
I would play with it if i was running a one hander in the league i found it.

But the attack speed would make me cry. I try to not run anything under a 1.50.
There comes a time thief when jewels cease to sparkle, gold loses it's luster, throne room becomes a prison, and all that's left is a father's love for his child. - King Osric
when i saw the gavel name i almost had a heart atk,but it was the troll
Ign: ThatManWithTheBow
"
"
Septile wrote:
And I said that people were ridiculous for complaining about infernal mantle as well. My analogy remains completely accurate, if you allow your expectations to shape your reality then you're going to be constantly disappointed and never satisfied.

The guy's words are right there. He *wanted* to make 'troll shavs' for Mjolner, in precisely those words.

This has nothing to do with people complaining about Mantle -- if anything, a supporter asking for 'troll shavs' (a term that wouldn't exist if not for GGG screwing up with Infernal Mantle in the first place) is perpetuating GGG's fuck up.

But eh whatever. More money for GGG is always nice.

No it's not. It's perpetuating the community fucking up, by lack of knowledge how the unique rarity and loot allocation system works.

1) the item isn't even that bad
2) should every base only ever have 1 unique attached to it? Gonna be troublesome real fast....

I despise the name "troll mantle", because the items is extremely well designed and is solid. And not once in my entire play-time was i "dissapointed" when an occultist vestment dropped.

Be it a shavs or an infernal mantle, both made me happy when i found them.

Similarly i will never be dissapointed when a gavel drops, because both this one and mjollnir are a decent find.

Get your shit together charan and put blame where blame is due. GGG has nothing to do with this, the community's flawed perception of what is "good/valuable" is at fault for starting this "troll mantle" nonsense. Just like it's on the player to find this item "worthless" when it is a pretty solid unique.

Is it "mjollnir" tier,nah. Is it completely useless, nope.

Will people be disappointed when finding it?

1) new players won't since they lack expectations
2) smart players won't since they know how to control there expectations
3) pixel hunters will, but who gives a f*** about those

Peace,

-Boem-

(this is like the ember box fiasco, lack of realistic expectations turning into a negative experience, git gud)

edit :

"

Sort of sad they wouldn't allow it, i'd have a laugh every time i came across your unique and it might have been a solid way for skin transfers eh? :D
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Last edited by Boem on Jul 19, 2015, 10:55:11 AM
It's pretty fucking bad.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
It's pretty fucking bad.

Not really, it's just like every other unique in the game. You need 5 minutes to figure out hiw to maximize it's potential. Ice crash + hypothermia, done. Dual wield with a 2aps off hand to offset the speed problem.

Too many players are being elitist for no reason. My gf is just as bad. I finally got a tabula rasa to drop, offered to let her use it since she was starting a new toon, turned it down because it's just a 6 link with no stats. O.o

She also turned down a 20% ball lightning.

Her loss...
There comes a time thief when jewels cease to sparkle, gold loses it's luster, throne room becomes a prison, and all that's left is a father's love for his child. - King Osric

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info