So instead of a troll-mantle now we have a troll-mjonier

"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
cant believe people are actually upset about it tbh.

This game is just so full of salt, that's all, it seems.

These people act like the RNG owes them great things. That, and most of them are horrifically ignorant as to how the loot system even works.

Given the game rolls rarity first, THEN the base item type, you'd figure these people, if they knew better, would instead more properly direct their anger at everyone who's not put a T1 unique on items that have NO uniques yet, since those are genuinely cases where the system can deprive you of a unique drop.

"
SunnyRay wrote:
Or add a recipe for 5 unique items of the same base type -> random unique item of this base type.

You DO realize that there's already a recipe for using unwanted uniques, right?

Also, your proposed one would have two (equally terrible) outcomes: either the odds were great (i.e, five of one unique yielded one of the other pretty often) and suddenly we'd have thousands of extra Mjölners (and Shavs from legacy Mantles) floating around, OR the odds would actually be comparable to actual rarity, and no one would use the recipe. The concept completely ignores that this game has an economy, that is drive by supply and demand: Cameria's Maul is worth 1,800th or so of Mjölner NOT because it is that much rarer, (the rarity difference is closer to 50:1 assuming Cameria's is a T4) but rather, due almost entirely to demand alone: very few want a Cameria's, while it seems like everyone and their brother wants a Mjölner.

Making one exchangable for the other would dramatically impact pricing. Mjölner would come down a LITTLE, but the main effect is that Cameria's would skyrocket to be worth approximately 1/50th of a Mjölner. (or about 1ex) You can see how absurd this would be, where a T4 could be worth that much and easily traded.
Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster
Last edited by ACGIFT on Jul 20, 2015, 4:07:43 PM
Lol at the guys who say this is a grief item. I guess that means every unique that ain't worth a fuck are also grief items. OMG, a crappier weapon shares the same base type, lol. Besides, if this was supposed to be a troll item it looks like they won because you guys are just so upset that you didn't get your precious Mjölners dropped. The guys who enjoy trolling are sitting at their keyboards laughing. Meanwhile, I'm still enjoying the game with no fucks given about uniques sharing base types. Hell, they don't even share the same artwork, it's obviously something different before you even identify it. This entire game is a gamble and you're not always going to get what you want. I love you guys.
There can only be one Oatmeal.
"
FadeXF wrote:
"
billyoatmeal wrote:
Lol at the guys who say this is a grief item. I guess that means every unique that ain't worth a fuck are also grief items. OMG, a crappier weapon shares the same base type, lol. Besides, if this was supposed to be a troll item it looks like they won because you guys are just so upset that you didn't get your precious Mjölners dropped. The guys who enjoy trolling are sitting at their keyboards laughing. Meanwhile, I'm still enjoying the game with no fucks given about uniques sharing base types. Hell, they don't even share the same artwork, it's obviously something different before you even identify it. This entire game is a gamble and you're not always going to get what you want. I love you guys.

"
viperesque wrote:

All credit to RichJMoney and all hail Trollner. I've found two already!

There's only 1 problem: this item was indeed a deliberate grief item.

Your correct about the intent, there is only one issue with this, it fails if you let it.

That is to say, richjmoney is getting trolled if the community actually finds a niche use for it and doesn't experience it as a grief/troll drop.

simply put, the salty people in this thread give richjmoney what he had in mind. While the rest of the bunch is trolling the troller by actually enjoying the drop that was meant to cause grief.

Troll-ception.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
^ yes, the addition of an item to troll players is a bad decision, but I find it is JUST AS BAD as the decision to introduce broken items like Shavs/Mjolnir/Volls neck to the game. So before they fix the "ok to allow troll uniques" they should fix the part where they allow broken uniques to exist.

EDIT: And, please, "OP uniques are balanced by rarity" Chris took is just as laughable. "Atziri glove is now balanced because it has been made more rare." Such fool that Chris guy.
IGN: LessBow
Last edited by Schn1tt3r on Jul 20, 2015, 6:54:18 PM
Now, I want you to take your time and just point where on the doll Cameria's Maul touched you.
Wait people are you saying that if GGG decided to add another unique gavel (not player designed), that was worse then mjolnir then that would've been fine, because the intent wouldn't be to troll ?.
But it's not okay to add another another unique gavel, when the reason behind it is to troll?.
Even when the result is exactly the same?.

This just make no fucking sense, I don't get this illogical response everyone is having, even if it was a pure troll item, why would the creators intent matter, it still doesn't effect the chance of getting the original item (if it did then I might object.. slightly).
But it doesn't and this kind of wild emotional response 100% what RichJ intended with the item.
ign:Cursedflame
Im more than fine with it and am honestly surprised at Charan's position.
Every Strong unique in-game should have 1 or 2 "troll bases".

I love this unique and its concept.

need more of em.
Last edited by ShowUs on Jul 20, 2015, 8:13:55 PM
The problem is intention, not implementation. There's a world of difference between getting into a car accident and purposefully crashing into someone even when the end result is the exact same thing.

Uniques are an opportunity to add something that is for everyone's benefit. The intention behind this unique is laughs at the expense of others. It's a bit disappointing that GGG saw no problem with that.
"
pneuma wrote:
The problem is intention, not implementation. There's a world of difference between getting into a car accident and purposefully crashing into someone even when the end result is the exact same thing.

Uniques are an opportunity to add something that is for everyone's benefit. The intention behind this unique is laughs at the expense of others. It's a bit disappointing that GGG saw no problem with that.
I still see no problem with that.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info