[2.1] The Whisper of Doom - 8k Dps LL Crit Icestorm, Atziri viable w/ The Whispering Ice!

Thanks for this fancy build, i'll try it, when my enlighten gem is leveled. Have all required items.

You have 1 socket in your passives. Please link your jewel.
Want to know which mods to prioritize.

So, I'm also on my first ever build, and I also happen to be using this staff. Have you considered using Cold to Fire? It's suprisingly effective as a damage boost.
"
Maggsi wrote:
Thanks for this fancy build, i'll try it, when my enlighten gem is leveled. Have all required items.

You have 1 socket in your passives. Please link your jewel.
Want to know which mods to prioritize.

Hi, Maggsi and thank you for having interest in this build.

Thing is I don't have enough passive point to spend on jewel socket at the moment, but I'll take some of them in the future.

The good jewel's mod of this build will be like this:
- XX% Increased Damage
- XX% Increased Spell Damage
- XX% Increased Cold Damage
- XX% Increased Critical Strike Chance With Spells
- XX% Increased Critical Strike Multiplier With Spells
- XX% Increased Attack and Cast Speed
- XX% Increased Area Damage
- +XX to Intelligence
- XX% Increased Maximum Energy Shield
- XX% Faster Start of Energy Shield Recharge
"
FoFDarkness wrote:
So, I'm also on my first ever build, and I also happen to be using this staff. Have you considered using Cold to Fire? It's suprisingly effective as a damage boost.

Hello, FoFDarkness.

Yes, I have considered Cold to Fire gem before.
It's true that this gem increased Icestorm damage around 20%, but that will ruins the survivability concept of this build. Since Cold to Fire gem convert 50% of your Cold Damage into Fire Damage. That means Freeze and Chill duration on monsters will be decreased in half. This reason is enough for me for not using it.
Hey

I have a 6l shavs, can this build utilize it? Is there any point of running other damage skill along icestorm?
hey looks like a good start. no cold to fire but then you're not getting the extra damage from hypothermia? Also the standard curse on hit setup for ass mark would open up a gem slot on your staff. Playing around with those, I think the CoH gets you power charges faster
Hey man, thanks for posting your build! I'm running a similar one and I think with a few changes you could really increase your DPS.

Here is my current tree (respecced from FP/AB once I found the staff)

And my gear
Spoiler

Offensive stats
Spoiler
No charges

With charges

Once you take into consideration Hypothermia, we have 5490.48 without charges, 7154.47 with charges. Then I also have 41% cold penetration... you get the idea.

Assassins Mark also adds a HUGE amount of "invisible" DPS, and is quite reliable for generating power charges. With my chance to freeze from the tree, decent crit chance, hypothermia's freeze chance and freeze during flask effect from Doryani's, I can freeze lock almost anything, which triggers HoI explosion and spreads my curse.

My two biggest problems are I don't have Shav's, so ES is a bit low. And my cold res isn't capped with this set up. I have a rare ring to swap out for the non-leg signet, which caps my resists, but I lose DPS and exp and I'm really trying to hit 89 to get leadership, so that extra exp helps. Sapphire flask covers it in scary situations also.
I also use solaris lorica for this build too, but I mix Cold to Fire into the link for MORE damage. I still freeze and shatter mobs pretty often. btw, I still can't afford 2 perandus rings so I can only reach up to 950 int. I wonder I should invest in more int on tree or invest into spell/ele increase. Also, the increase duration nodes and increased duration gem are supposed to increase icestorm "stack damage" a lot, do you think it is worth losing a bunch of tooltip dps for such duration stack damage?
Last edited by wiwigvn on Aug 24, 2015, 7:17:00 AM
"
wiwigvn wrote:
I also use solaris lorica for this build too, but I mix Cold to Fire into the link for MORE damage. I still freeze and shatter mobs pretty often. btw, I still can't afford 2 perandus rings so I can only reach up to 950 int. I wonder I should invest in more int on tree or invest into spell/ele increase. Also, the increase duration nodes and increased duration gem are supposed to increase icestorm "stack damage" a lot, do you think it is worth losing a bunch of tooltip dps for such duration stack damage?

As a general rule; int beats spell/ele damage almost every single time, as it increases your base damage which everything else scales off. As well as providing a small increase in spell damage % itself. It also increases ES and mana, and since you are using solaris, you need all the ES you can get! It will also make the increase from perandus even bigger :)

As for increased duration, it's definitely a solid option. However you need to decide for yourself; how often do mobs live through a single casting? For me it's almost never, exceptions being some of the tougher bosses/rares/exiles. But even they don't last long, so i opted to leave it out.
Hi, I just wonder about elemental resistances. I only rainbow + purity of elements... how do you keep them maxed in merciless?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info