[2.1] The Whisper of Doom - 8k Dps LL Crit Icestorm, Atziri viable w/ The Whispering Ice!

"
tonbcool wrote:

Actually, I did mention Cold Penetration on my Gem Setup 2. You should take a look.
Yes, Cold Penetration is a huge invisible-damage boost for Icestorm. On the other hand, you'll need to swap it out for your safety in some situation. For instance, in a high elemental reflect map, you could die by doing too much damage than you leeches back. DPS doesn't mean everything.

The charm of this build is you can swap any gems of your desired depending on situation you're facing at the moment.

Have a good time playing Icestorm, Zgrzytu. :)

Good point, to bad cold pen is green :(
anyway thanks for your time :)
how are you generating power charges on bosses though? Or in a party where they overwrite assasin's mark?

EDIT: Any plans on atziri video soon?
IGN: LessBow
Last edited by Schn1tt3r on Dec 17, 2015, 9:26:51 PM
I seem to be missing something with your resistances. I have the exact same gear and I am unable to cap resistances (my Purity of Elements is Lvl 20).

In a previous build I had to run more purity auras to cap defense. How do you do it with this build?
"
Schn1tt3r wrote:
how are you generating power charges on bosses though? Or in a party where they overwrite assasin's mark?

EDIT: Any plans on atziri video soon?

Hi, Schn1tt3r.

For patch 2.1, I don't use Power Charge on fighting boss anymore because this build has more DPS than it had before.
When you're leveling on low-level, you might have a hard time killing bosses. If that happens, just swap one of your blue gem for Power Charge on Critical.

About the video, I'm afraid I can't do that soon, cause my PC is quite a crappy one. But I can give you some advises for doing Aziri if you want.
"
vindictive wrote:
I seem to be missing something with your resistances. I have the exact same gear and I am unable to cap resistances (my Purity of Elements is Lvl 20).

In a previous build I had to run more purity auras to cap defense. How do you do it with this build?

Hi, vindictive.

If you use Void Bringer, you might need some jewels with resistances mod to cap your resistances.
Instead of using Void Bringer, I currently use a pair of rare gloves to cap my resistances. This way, I can fill my jewel sockets with jewels that give me more damage.
You don't need level 21 Purity of Elements to cap you resistances.

You can take a look at my Current Gears to see what I use at the moment.
"
tonbcool wrote:
"
vindictive wrote:

Hi, vindictive.

If you use Void Bringer, you might need some jewels with resistances mod to cap your resistances.
Instead of using Void Bringer, I currently use a pair of rare gloves to cap my resistances. This way, I can fill my jewel sockets with jewels that give me more damage.
You don't need level 21 Purity of Elements to cap you resistances.

You can take a look at my Current Gears to see what I use at the moment.

Thanks for the reply, I will give it a shot.

Have you compared the DPS of Voidbringer + Rare jewels with Rare gloves + 4x Izaro's?
My character is lvl 81 right now. I've 6 socket whispering ice staff aswell. I want to ask you, which auras you are casting? And do you have mana problem? Voidbringer Conjurer Gloves boosts 80% increased mana cost of skills. My biggest problem is mana, can't even use more then 2 without mana flask.
My auras: Anger
Discipline

What must i do? How can i fix my mana regeneration problem? My mana reserve is too much, and i am not using 100% of your build(like i am using CI, no blood magic) , can you help me about that, Need your suggestions.

There is my items for now.

My current gears          

and also there is my talent tree:

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMBBUINfBBYEQ8RUBNxFdcWQBcvGyUdFClPKjgsnCy_LR81uTsNPV9BlkZxRtdLrkyzUXRSU1XWVmNXKVeUWK5ca16lXypfal-wZJ1k52ZUZp5rt20Zb55xhXIPdFV2EXcHf8aApIKbgwmESITFhX2GrocTjmSO6Y9Gj_qTJ5RvlSCXlZf0mjuboZu1nKSf36EvoqOmmacrrJius7QMtvq-isHFwfPDOsNtykrK09Af0NDQ9dWm2VvfiukC6rrr9ewY7TzvfO_r8h3zEfem99f60g==?accountName=kosiGin2&characterName=Kosigin_

My DPS (without power charges)

My Resists

Thanks!
"
kosiGin2 wrote:
My character is lvl 81 right now. I've 6 socket whispering ice staff aswell. I want to ask you, which auras you are casting? And do you have mana problem? Voidbringer Conjurer Gloves boosts 80% increased mana cost of skills. My biggest problem is mana, can't even use more then 2 without mana flask.
My auras: Anger
Discipline

What must i do? How can i fix my mana regeneration problem? My mana reserve is too much, and i am not using 100% of your build(like i am using CI, no blood magic) , can you help me about that, Need your suggestions.

There is my items for now.

My current gears          

and also there is my talent tree:

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMBBUINfBBYEQ8RUBNxFdcWQBcvGyUdFClPKjgsnCy_LR81uTsNPV9BlkZxRtdLrkyzUXRSU1XWVmNXKVeUWK5ca16lXypfal-wZJ1k52ZUZp5rt20Zb55xhXIPdFV2EXcHf8aApIKbgwmESITFhX2GrocTjmSO6Y9Gj_qTJ5RvlSCXlZf0mjuboZu1nKSf36EvoqOmmacrrJius7QMtvq-isHFwfPDOsNtykrK09Af0NDQ9dWm2VvfiukC6rrr9ewY7TzvfO_r8h3zEfem99f60g==?accountName=kosiGin2&characterName=Kosigin_

My DPS (without power charges)

My Resists

Thanks!

Hello, kosiGin2.

I already answered these questions from the message you sent to me. Please check your inbox. Thank you.
Hey sir,

So I've tried your build, and it is fantastic, especially the AoE damage output. I'm only level 40 right now, but I cleared normal easily with 0 deaths.

However, my biggest problem is mana. I currently run 2 mana pots, yes, 2. I was just wondering if you faced the same problem during your early leveling, and does it go away once you reach higher levels?

"
bluestained wrote:
Hey sir,

So I've tried your build, and it is fantastic, especially the AoE damage output. I'm only level 40 right now, but I cleared normal easily with 0 deaths.

However, my biggest problem is mana. I currently run 2 mana pots, yes, 2. I was just wondering if you faced the same problem during your early leveling, and does it go away once you reach higher levels?

Hi, bluestained.

I'm glad that you like my build. ^^

About the mana problem, it's crucial to inspect some aura effect nodes when you are about to reach level 40. Doing this way, you don't have to level-up your Clarity too-high-level to sustain your mana. Leaving room for you to reserved other auras.
Leveling on low-level, 4 or 5 links for your Icestorm is enough to kill anything. You can add more link later when you can sustain your mana problem.

And yes, the mana problem will go away when you reach level 80s.

By the way, thanks for playing this build, bluestained! Have a good time :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info