[2.1] The Whisper of Doom - 8k Dps LL Crit Icestorm, Atziri viable w/ The Whispering Ice!

Hi,
It is me again :)
i have started an witch with your build and I really like it :) But one more question: Why you use Ice Nova lvl 8? Is there something special with Ice Nova on an higher level?

Bye :)
I'm trying to figure out how you reach resistance caps with only one piece of gear (boots) that has any kind of resistance.

Also I'm trying to go CI with this.... not sure if it's gonna be possible
Hi,it's great build,but we need new skil tree in 2.1.0(talisman).
"
Nightbelle wrote:
Hi,
It is me again :)
i have started an witch with your build and I really like it :) But one more question: Why you use Ice Nova lvl 8? Is there something special with Ice Nova on an higher level?

Bye :)

Hi, Nightbelle.

The reason to keep Ice Nova at level 8 is because we only need it for our defensive setup. As you can see, Ice Nova is linked to Blind and Cast When Damage Taken level 1. Whenever Cast When Damage Taken has been triggered, Ice Nova will blind enemies around you. Making you safe from enemies attack.
The passive skill tree is already updated to patch 2.1.0

Enjoy!
thanks you very much)))i'm enjoy this build)
Hi
Ok so I have similar build to yors but i have reflect problems i tested my 82 lvl in some t5.
I have 75% cold res and vaal pact and even with saphire flask i deal more dmg to myself than i can heal with a 18/20 life leech gem.
So now question is what would you do? Remove some aura and replace it with Purity of Ice, i could remove Herald of Thunder but will that 3-4% will make that big of a difference?
Or maybe replace some flask with Atziri one?

Heres is my Gear setup and flsaks etc so far (minion dmg in shavs is just random gem to lvl up):

"
Zgrzytu wrote:
Hi
Ok so I have similar build to yors but i have reflect problems i tested my 82 lvl in some t5.
I have 75% cold res and vaal pact and even with saphire flask i deal more dmg to myself than i can heal with a 18/20 life leech gem.
So now question is what would you do? Remove some aura and replace it with Purity of Ice, i could remove Herald of Thunder but will that 3-4% will make that big of a difference?
Or maybe replace some flask with Atziri one?

Heres is my Gear setup and flsaks etc so far (minion dmg in shavs is just random gem to lvl up):

Hi, Zgrzytu.

Have you ever try to swap one of the blue socketed gem for Added Chaos Damage? That should really help you leeches more life when you pop up Aziri's Promise.
If that's not enough, please remove one of your aura and use Purity of Ice instead.

Herald of Thunder won't provide any good damage source to Icestorm like before. So it's not making much of the difference to your DPS.
Last edited by tonbcool on Dec 15, 2015, 7:53:31 AM
"
tonbcool wrote:

Hi, Zgrzytu.

Have you ever try to swap one of the blue socketed gem for Added Chaos Damage? That should really help you leeches more life when you pop up Aziri's Promise.
If that's not enough, please remove one of your aura and use Purity of Ice instead.

Herald of Thunder won't provide any good damage source to Icestorm like before. So it's not making much of the difference to your DPS.

Hello again :)
So i make few test and and reason behind not being able to autheal my dmg was Herald of thunder...... as long as i hit saphire + topaz flask it looks good.

From other things, is there any reason why didn't you include cold pen in any of your gem setup?

I tried aoe,conc,crit dmg,added chaos,life leech and echo in T7 my tooltip went crazy like ~5k without power charges and after that i came back to my setup cold pen, hypothermia,aoe,crit dmg,life leech and echo tooltip is "only" 2k without powers but same T7 with elemental equilibrium went way mutch faster
"
Zgrzytu wrote:

Hello again :)
So i make few test and and reason behind not being able to autheal my dmg was Herald of thunder...... as long as i hit saphire + topaz flask it looks good.

From other things, is there any reason why didn't you include cold pen in any of your gem setup?

I tried aoe,conc,crit dmg,added chaos,life leech and echo in T7 my tooltip went crazy like ~5k without power charges and after that i came back to my setup cold pen, hypothermia,aoe,crit dmg,life leech and echo tooltip is "only" 2k without powers but same T7 with elemental equilibrium went way mutch faster

Actually, I did mention Cold Penetration on my Gem Setup 2. You should take a look.
Yes, Cold Penetration is a huge invisible-damage boost for Icestorm. On the other hand, you'll need to swap it out for your safety in some situation. For instance, in a high elemental reflect map, you could die by doing too much damage than you leeches back. DPS doesn't mean everything.

The charm of this build is you can swap any gems of your desired depending on situation you're facing at the moment.

Have a good time playing Icestorm, Zgrzytu. :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info