[3.6] Dual Strike crit assassin with claws

"
varouxis wrote:
Hello and thanks for the awesome guide. I got one question would you suggest this build for breach season starter?

You are welcome!

This totally depends on the changes to melee. Right now dual strike is quite inferior to skills like lacerate / blade flurry if you look at 'melee' skills.

Rory told in an interview that skills like dual strike will get a buff, I expect and hope some changes that make the skill way more viable.

I definitely would suggest it, I am planning to play one again in breach as my starter build.

I will update my guide as soon as I know more about the breach patch, stay tuned :)
Okay I just read the 2.5 patch notes. With the range and aiming buff to melee dual strike might become way more viable, we will see in a few days.

For this league I am going for a slayer because the current gameplay -> especially endgame bosses will destroy a shadow using one of the closest melee skills in the game. Slayer sounds definitely safer and stronger aswell.

I will keep you updated, also very excited for these +50 new uniques!
Thanks again for the answer i will start this league with ED/Contagion trickster and then make a melee build when i gather some currency.
Would it be advised to still follow this build for breach? Any passive skill tree changes or bandit rewards..?
I am playing it right now in breach, can't tell yet if it will work in endgame. As soon as I reach it or fail at reaching it I will let you know. Actually I am playing slayer with thrusting swords.
Update:
So the "buff" to melee did help quite a bit tbh. I was able to get more range than before, using rapiers. Also the aiming did improve by a lot.

Unfortunately this is definitely not enough to make melee in any way comparable to all those clearspeed builds.

I just don't see a way to get even close to a fast clearing. Since the whole breach league focuses on that part, I will probably not play any dual strike this league and watch out for new melee buffs in 3.0

I will still try to answer questions as good as I can but please don't expect any improvements for my build until 3.0 (there are some as far as I can tell, just not such who would change the clearspeed to the current expectations).

PS: Gonna try some gladiator, maybe gratious violence has some clearspeed for me.
Last edited by AquaFreeze on Dec 17, 2016, 5:33:46 AM
What is better ?

Varunastra + Binos or your Rare Dagger + Binos , who could give the highest dps ?
The highest dps is probably possible with 2 extremely good rare daggers. Bino's is a very good budget option and varunastra is a special thing itself, in case you want to force a build with varunastra I would recommend dual wielding two of them...though I highly doubt that it can give higher dps than good rare daggers.
Hi guys, it's me again and I am back with some exciting news. Dual strike did get a threshold jewel

In the next weeks I will do a lot of theorycrafting and experimenting with the goal to create an endgame viable dual striker. If you have any ideas to support that process I'd greatly appreciate that, let's make dual strike great (again?)!
Last edited by AquaFreeze on Mar 3, 2017, 7:59:43 PM
So I have tested dried lake for about 3 hours and I am not that sure about this jewel anymore.

The extra damage is quite significant, rares and bosses die definitely faster but with dual strike single target really never has been the problem.
The off hand splash is like the worst melee splash I have ever seen. First I thought about using it as a replacement for the support gem to get another utility or extra damage support slot. The problem is not, that it takes only the off hand damage for the splash, yes it will be pretty low, especially in endgame maps. The real problem is the area, you can link increased aoe support gem to it, but you won't get even close to a melee splash support gem with increased aoe.

Because single target damage never was the problem (aoe still is), you need to use melee splash and increased area of effect in your 6link.

tl;dr:
In the end, this jewel really doesn't change much, the single-target is better (which doesn't matter at all for this skill) and the splash effect doesn't do anything, we don't want to use this instead of melee splash because it would make the build just worse.

Sorry for the disappointment, I will probably go for flicker strike or cleave this league, maybe I find a reason to play dual strike, this threshold jewel is definitely none.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info