[3.6] Dual Strike crit assassin with claws

This league I have quite some time so I will try to get uber elder down. Right now I use herald of purity, ash and ice aswell as war banner. Hatred did get a huge nerf so it might actually be worse than this setup. Update to passive tree and other news will follow :)
Hey Aqua ive been following your guide for some years now and i did change to claws.Atm i am thinking about chaning my rings to steel rings and also getting a tombfist.The problem is what Gem do i remove from my build to fit the 2 jewels? i am confused,or jusst too dump to understand it cause i quit poe for some time haha
Hello, I am the guy from youtube, I've sent you message too. How do I turn off "Hide Characters Tab" ?
Specific Skills
Quite a few melee skills have had their base attack speed lowered slightly and their base damage raised. This is due to the increase in effective clear speed from the introduction of animation cancelling, whereby you can start moving to the next pack of monsters before your attack would otherwise have ended.

Dual Strike
Now deals base damage equal to, and has an added damage effectiveness of, 125% at gem level 1 (from 58%), up to 170% at gem level 20 (from 104%).
Now has 50% increased critical strike chance at gem level 1, up to 107% at gem level 20.
Now has 100% more critical strike chance against enemies that are on full life.
Now deals 30% more damage with hits and ailments against enemies that are on full life.
Now has an attack speed multiplier of 70%.
Now gains +0.5% to critical strike multiplier and 1% increased critical strike chance per 1% quality (previously 0.5% increased attack speed per 1% quality).
Loved your build in 3.6, had lots of fun.
Looking forward to your update for 3.7.
So far it seems it can only be better :)

Many Thanks for your hard work !

D
Last edited by D3m0n0 on Jun 5, 2019, 4:23:06 PM
So I want to give you a quick update on what I am doing right now and how it is working so far:
I am playing a berserker and basically following this guide but going for a rage-ish variant with tons of speed, trying to get to the good old diable 2 frenzy barb times. It is working very well so far and I just started mapping. I just died the first time and it basically doesn't really count like a death because it was to a trap in a trial. Speaking of that I realize that this character is already almost uncontrollable and I need to figure out how to deal with the speed as it will get only "worse" :D
Just found this build. I'll follow the 3.6 steps to see how it feels in 3.7 since melee got buffed big time.
I have decided to go back to assassin, either I am too bad or it is too hard to control but I feel like berserker being nothing for me although it was quite strong and very fast.
With the changes to ascendancy and passive tree it seems like a viable crit build but claws might not be the best choice, I recommend giving it a try if you want to explore the new crit stuff down there. It is definitely something but not made for everyone :)

PS: Going for a passive tree like this maybe with some small changes I will see
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/3.7.1/AAAABAYBAAHcAecDhwW1DHMNjRCSEwQUIBRNFSAV_Ra_F7AYkRm0G60b-iM2I_Yk_SXfJpUs6S2DLggwfDIyNZI2PTboN9Q64Tz-RfRHfkp9SotNkk3jUEdRR1MQVUtYr1vTXz9gQWHiYqxjcGSvZU1sjG1sbztvV3BSdf1343gNeBl5aH11hG-E2Yazh3aJ04o4jDaNfY2Bjb-SgJMPk5CT_JVmlwiaF52qotmjiqQZplepbq1lsNixs7TFtUi18rxvvJ-9Nr1dvqfAGsEEwaDC7M_p037UQtYH2L3ZhtyM36Di1eRR51TtP-1B7g7vDu968kX2o_xL_MX-Cv6P_rr_3g==
Last edited by AquaFreeze on Jun 18, 2019, 7:08:58 AM
Have you tried the new impale support with this yet?
It looks like a 4L is available, maybe an additional curse implicit?
I only have tried the support gem - and it wasn't better than the gems I use. Dual strike now has 70% attack speed multiplier and as far as I can tell you need a lot of attack speed to make impale strong. And you need some passive nodes, at least swift skewering to be good enough. I only have 5.4 attacks per second fully buffed right now. I think there are some good options for an impale dual strike, for example berserker.

Can you explain what you mean with new 4L being available? Additional curse is good but I can't tell without knowing the context.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info