[3.6] Dual Strike crit assassin with claws

That's a nice build. I'm trying it right now. Do you have suggestions for the ascendancy class? I have chosen the Assassin route and have taken the Assassinate route.

Also, how do you deal with reflect damage? I get killed easily by any rare monster that reflects damage.
"
dantata wrote:
That's a nice build. I'm trying it right now. Do you have suggestions for the ascendancy class? I have chosen the Assassin route and have taken the Assassinate route.

Also, how do you deal with reflect damage? I get killed easily by any rare monster that reflects damage.

If you are going shadow, the assassinate route is imo not the most powerful one, you usually have enough dmg against mobs anyways and this ascendancy won't help much against bosses.

On assassin I would definitely take deadly infusion first and probably toxic delivery later on.

Reflect is indeed very dangerous for this build but there are several ways to deal with it. Personally I really like using the ancestral warchief for such moments because it will take all the reflected damage.

There are more ways do deal with it, for me popping my granite and basalt flasks and having the endurance charges from enduring cry up is definitely enough.

You can also use a self-cast immortal call supported with increased duration for a save reflect mob kill. You can also link your dual strike with physical to lightning support.

I wouldn't recommend running maps with the reflect map mod because, even if you are somehow able to survive the reflect, it will be a very annyoing run and will take way too much time because you need to prepare all necessary things to survive your own attacks.
Last edited by AquaFreeze on Oct 30, 2016, 12:23:12 PM
Thanks for the fast reply. I guess, I'll be spending some orbs of regret then. I'll look into my items and try to upgrade them too.

Would you take another ascendancy like Trickster instead?
Trickster doesn't synergize very well with this build, but it has some good aspects that you won't be able to get from assassin.

Walk the aether is really good to keep up your ability to move fast and to dodge dangerous monsters / bosses and their attacks. If you don't need blood rage that much (would hurt even more with some energy shield) you can get nice extra defenses from this ascendancy.

In the end the coice is yours, assassin just boosts your damage so hard that it wasn't a very difficult decision.
Thanks again. I hope that you'll find some time to assist me further :) Here are my items and skill tree:

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYBAAAGAF4DhwUtBbUHHgeZCC4Mcw2NDkgQkhEvEZYR1RX2Fr8ZjhutI9Mj9iaVKgss4TB8MjI2PUMxRwZHfklRSn1M_02STipRR1VLVvVXl1uvXfJgQWHiYnlirGNDY3BlTWqMbIxvJ3BScFZ07XX9eu97FH11feOEb4SihNmHdonTjDaNfY2_joqPYJAblLiVLpVml9CaE5pqnaqi2aOKrGaw2LGztMW1SLk-vG-9Nr6nwuzIFNN-1CPUQth22Ybawdtu29Tb5-Of62Ptg-4O8NXy4fVv_MX-ug==?accountName=dantata&characterName=Lilcho

I refunded my ascendancy points. Got Deadly Infusion and I'm now going for Toxic Delivery.

I can clear t9-t10 maps in a party, but i tend to die from time to time, which is not good. My chaos resistance is pitiful. Is this a cause for concern? I recently got Rumi's Granite flask, and that improved my survivability, so that's good.

I think I may need to invest in IR, but it will take three levels. Also, I cannot even get to 4k HP with the items listed above, so that's not good. I would appreciate any advice on what upgrade could provide me the best boost. I have like 35 chaos orbs to spend.

I think it's definitely too early for an Abyssus. I see the amulet, rings, and probably the boots as the easiest upgrades. I can still kill mobs pretty fast. Higher-tiered bosses are a bit slower, so maybe a Rat's Nest will be a good option.

p.p. How do I bring the ascendancy tree in the skill tree viewer?
Last edited by dantata on Oct 31, 2016, 11:51:28 PM
"
dantata wrote:
Thanks again. I hope that you'll find some time to assist me further :) Here are my items and skill tree:

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYBAAAGAF4DhwUtBbUHHgeZCC4Mcw2NDkgQkhEvEZYR1RX2Fr8ZjhutI9Mj9iaVKgss4TB8MjI2PUMxRwZHfklRSn1M_02STipRR1VLVvVXl1uvXfJgQWHiYnlirGNDY3BlTWqMbIxvJ3BScFZ07XX9eu97FH11feOEb4SihNmHdonTjDaNfY2_joqPYJAblLiVLpVml9CaE5pqnaqi2aOKrGaw2LGztMW1SLk-vG-9Nr6nwuzIFNN-1CPUQth22Ybawdtu29Tb5-Of62Ptg-4O8NXy4fVv_MX-ug==?accountName=dantata&characterName=Lilcho

I refunded my ascendancy points. Got Deadly Infusion and I'm now going for Toxic Delivery.

I can clear t9-t10 maps in a party, but i tend to die from time to time, which is not good. My chaos resistance is pitiful. Is this a cause for concern? I recently got Rumi's Granite flask, and that improved my survivability, so that's good.

I think I may need to invest in IR, but it will take three levels. Also, I cannot even get to 4k HP with the items listed above, so that's not good. I would appreciate any advice on what upgrade could provide me the best boost. I have like 35 chaos orbs to spend.

I think it's definitely too early for an Abyssus. I see the amulet, rings, and probably the boots as the easiest upgrades. I can still kill mobs pretty fast. Higher-tiered bosses are a bit slower, so maybe a Rat's Nest will be a good option.

p.p. How do I bring the ascendancy tree in the skill tree viewer?

The tree is perfectly fine and your ascendancy tree is already there. There is something like a spoiler at the starting point of the shadow which allows you to open / close it.
I would definitely go for IR with the next points and probably get heartseeker after that.
What level do you have right now? I think tier 9-10 fit very well with the current passives and gear but you should level first before rolling any dangerous mods or higher tiers.

Personally I think that you should improve your jewellery, meginords isn't that great anymore and a rare leather belt / rustic sash could do the same or even more for you.

Even more improvement is possible on your rings and amulet. Your amulet adds some nice stats, but is missing the most important one. Even if you can't get crit chance or flat phys (flat phys is pretty important though) I would definitely try to get one with at least 60 life.

The rings are really bad, you can do so much more with these slots. Flat phys is alright but even if you don't get it on them, you definitely have to get a good life roll. Try to focus on a 60+ life roll and enough resistances for your character. I bought some with everything I need for 5-10c each. As long as you watch out for the right ones you will find them pretty soon.

Is the herald of thunder + curse on hit working well? If you want more consistency you can test blasphemy, it works definitely better.
If this is the case, you can kick physical to lightning for added fire damage. This depends a lot on your ability do deal with physical reflect though. I don't see an ancestral warchief so I guess you are fine against physical reflect mobs. If you kick physical to lightning there might be the danger of dying more often to reflect but it will boost your damage by a lot.

Tl;dr: Try to get better rings and an amulet with life rolls, they aren't that expensive if you watch out for the right ones. There is always the possibilty to craft a missing resistance or flat phys on it if there is a slot left. The rest is just possible improvement and I would definitely upgrade the jewellery before changing anything else.
Last edited by AquaFreeze on Nov 1, 2016, 5:16:41 AM
Herald of Thunder is working quite OK. I go oom with Blasphemy, unfortunately, and I don't really want to remove Hatred because it gives me a 19k DPS increase. I'll be on the lookout for better rings and an amulet to see how it goes, though :)

nvm, the leech is working fine, but i don't have a slot for the fire dmg in the armor for now ;)
Last edited by dantata on Nov 1, 2016, 9:29:09 AM

Is my gear fine? I can't afford a 6 link right now, but I'm trying to save a ton of fusings so I can just go on a mass fusing spree for the 6 link. I'm having a bit of trouble staying alive, but I can clear rare t8 maps. It's just I can't do it without dying.
Last edited by tofu24554 on Nov 7, 2016, 6:29:34 PM
"
tofu24554 wrote:

Is my gear fine? I can't afford a 6 link right now, but I'm trying to save a ton of fusings so I can just go on a mass fusing spree for the 6 link. I'm having a bit of trouble staying alive, but I can clear rare t8 maps. It's just I can't do it without dying.

The gear is pretty ok but with level 82 I wouldn't use abyssus. I would get some rare helmet with nice stats and a good life roll, it makes leveling definitely easier (if you don't lack too much damage).

Your cast when damage taken is leveled way too high in my opinion, it won't save your life often..I guess you have about 4k life and this level 18 cwdt will only proc immortal call when you take 2874 damage. Personally I had a level 5 or 6 cwdt and it worked very well because you need to get it activated when getting closer to the mobs (which will eventually happen with dual strike) and not when you are already in and close to death.

You can also upgrade some gear to add defences, especially life. Personally I never had the need to use maligaro's virtuosity since ascendancy because of the insane crit chance and multiplier the assassin offers. Maybe try to get some rare with life, attack speed and resistances. Also try to add a decoy totem gem and a golem (I prefer ice golem but stone / chaos golem are also great) they will make your life a lot easier.
Hello and thanks for the awesome guide. I got one question would you suggest this build for breach season starter?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info