[3.6] Dual Strike crit assassin with claws

"
teharos wrote:
How about a replacement for blood magic? Tried riposte but i wasn't very impressed. Maybe Life on Hit?

Do you mean the whirling blades setup? If so, I don't expect you to be able to whirl around because I did take 1 mana leech node and nothing else so you would be oom very fast.

This is the items I have now, Im lvl 77 and have around 3.8k HP. Do you have any tips on what I should upgrade? Thanks for the nice build, I really enjoy playing it.
"
anton1337 wrote:

This is the items I have now, Im lvl 77 and have around 3.8k HP. Do you have any tips on what I should upgrade? Thanks for the nice build, I really enjoy playing it.

The daggers should be fine, you can try to get a lower 'increased physical damage taken' roll on the abyssus but it isn't that important for now.

Your jewellery is quite crappy, if you are able to try to get at least 60 life on rings and amulet, of course only if you can afford the upgrade and still maintain capped resistances.

Speaking of resistances, you are using the immortal flesh belt. Trust me, You shouldn't do it. The -5% to all MAXIMUM elemental resistances is so bad that the other stats won't be able to compensate this downside. If you don't feel the pain of using this belt already you will for sure do later on.
A rare rustic sash or leather belt with life and the resistances you need should be fine. The unique one I am using in the guide is also good and definitely a cheap upgrade right now.

I also would assume that added fire damage support or faster attacks support is better than weapon elemental damage support right now.
"
AquaFreeze wrote:
"
teharos wrote:
How about a replacement for blood magic? Tried riposte but i wasn't very impressed. Maybe Life on Hit?

Do you mean the whirling blades setup? If so, I don't expect you to be able to whirl around because I did take 1 mana leech node and nothing else so you would be oom very fast.

Yes for the WB setup. I don't use it constantly, because it causes desyncs, so blood magic is wasted in the slot.
looks nice
"
teharos wrote:
"
AquaFreeze wrote:
"
teharos wrote:

Yes for the WB setup. I don't use it constantly, because it causes desyncs, so blood magic is wasted in the slot.

If you are fine without blood magic you can try blind or culling strike. Power charge on crit might also be good because you can keep up the momentum in certain situations.
Hello AquaFreeze !

First of all I'd like to thank you for your time, to present us your build with a detailed guide, thanks for all of this !!

I'm a new player in PoE, and honestly, I tried to make my own build but realised pretty fast that it was going to be shitty, so I suggested myself to follow one build. I chose your build and I really liked it, I have the full gear you're describing, it's been a pain, and I'm able to play safely, but in t7+ maps, sometimes I just get one shot, even with potions, or vaal grace, it's clearly pure oneshot, and it's frustrating. I saw your videos, and I don't get how you're not taking that much damage. When I engage a pack, I make sure that my endurance charges are full, and I use a lot the whirling blades so I get the fortify stack. Most of the packs are going well, but huge freaking packs really instant me, and some bosses, like the Orchard map's boss, is raping my ass litteraly, one shoting me over and over again. I have 3k5 life, and with both buff, my dual strike reaches 76k dps, about 120-150 with atziri's pot. How did u get those 200k ? I have the full gear as I said, maybe not that perfect rings as u have, but still reaching 75% elem res cap, + about 11% chaos res. Armour is only 28%... and my passive tree is pretty complete as I'm lvl 75, missing few things for sure, but I don't think that's the real problem here, I feel like I missed something... Same about jewels, my 3 jewels are pretty fine and close or similar to urs.
About armour, I need to precise that I already got a point in IR, but still stuck with only 28% armour, and kinda feeling it I guess...

Anyway, thanks again for that beatiful build, still a pleasure to play it, I need ur advices.

(Sorry if I made faults, I'm not english at first ^^)

Have a nice day/evening
"
Neendo wrote:
Hello AquaFreeze !

First of all I'd like to thank you for your time, to present us your build with a detailed guide, thanks for all of this !!

I'm a new player in PoE, and honestly, I tried to make my own build but realised pretty fast that it was going to be shitty, so I suggested myself to follow one build. I chose your build and I really liked it, I have the full gear you're describing, it's been a pain, and I'm able to play safely, but in t7+ maps, sometimes I just get one shot, even with potions, or vaal grace, it's clearly pure oneshot, and it's frustrating. I saw your videos, and I don't get how you're not taking that much damage. When I engage a pack, I make sure that my endurance charges are full, and I use a lot the whirling blades so I get the fortify stack. Most of the packs are going well, but huge freaking packs really instant me, and some bosses, like the Orchard map's boss, is raping my ass litteraly, one shoting me over and over again. I have 3k5 life, and with both buff, my dual strike reaches 76k dps, about 120-150 with atziri's pot. How did u get those 200k ? I have the full gear as I said, maybe not that perfect rings as u have, but still reaching 75% elem res cap, + about 11% chaos res. Armour is only 28%... and my passive tree is pretty complete as I'm lvl 75, missing few things for sure, but I don't think that's the real problem here, I feel like I missed something... Same about jewels, my 3 jewels are pretty fine and close or similar to urs.
About armour, I need to precise that I already got a point in IR, but still stuck with only 28% armour, and kinda feeling it I guess...

Anyway, thanks again for that beatiful build, still a pleasure to play it, I need ur advices.

Have a nice day/evening

You need to notice that I have about 5k life and that I am around level 90. What you probably should do is leveling, farming dried lake is easy experience even at your level. You can link me the passive tree, IR is good but it costs 3 points so you can also take ~15% life nodes instead which is way more important. I don't think your damage is the main problem but the positioning against certain bosses.

Against big melee bosses you will die even with endurance charges and fortify. I think that using decoy totem is a very good solution which will keep you alive against things like argus or voll.

Against the orchard boss I wouldn't recommend any companion, I destroy my own ice golem everytime before I enter the boss room. The big slow projectile has a huge explosion radius and oneshots me aswell. You need to be fast against him and try to bait him in range to fire some projectiles. Once he shoots, dodge it and get close to him with whirling blades. Try not to stay too long, otherwise he will just melee attack and probably oneshot you.
Usually I can kill him by repeating this procedure like 5-6 times but he isn't the boss you want to face if you are leveling. That's the reason why lots of hardcore players skip him, he is one of the most dangerous bosses right now. That might change with atlas but right now I recommend not to do him.

Level 75 is also pretty low for tier 8 maps I think, usually I am at tier 5 and tier 6 maps with this level without any problems in fights.

Oh yeah, if you face certain monsters like the porcupines or big skeletons try to use decoy totem aswell, their physical damage is very dangerous for an abyssus user and you should try to avoid such big hits.
Last edited by AquaFreeze on Aug 23, 2016, 3:41:05 AM
"
AquaFreeze wrote:
"
Neendo wrote:
Hello AquaFreeze !

Have a nice day/evening

You need to notice that I have about 5k life and that I am around level 90. What you probably should do is leveling, farming dried lake is easy experience even at your level. You can link me the passive tree, IR is good but it costs 3 points so you can also take ~15% life nodes instead which is way more important. I don't think your damage is the main problem but the positioning against certain bosses.

Against big melee bosses you will die even with endurance charges and fortify. I think that using decoy totem is a very good solution which will keep you alive against things like argus or voll.

Against the orchard boss I wouldn't recommend any companion, I destroy my own ice golem everytime before I enter the boss room. The big slow projectile has a huge explosion radius and oneshots me aswell. You need to be fast against him and try to bait him in range to fire some projectiles. Once he shoots, dodge it and get close to him with whirling blades. Try not to stay too long, otherwise he will just melee attack and probably oneshot you.
Usually I can kill him by repeating this procedure like 5-6 times but he isn't the boss you want to face if you are leveling. That's the reason why lots of hardcore players skip him, he is one of the most dangerous bosses right now. That might change with atlas but right now I recommend not to do him.

Level 75 is also pretty low for tier 8 maps I think, usually I am at tier 5 and tier 6 maps with this level without any problems in fights.

Oh yeah, if you face certain monsters like the porcupines or big skeletons try to use decoy totem aswell, their physical damage is very dangerous for an abyssus user and you should try to avoid such big hits.

+ Forgot to precise I was playing t8 RARE maps, and most of those maps have been fully cleared easily... Now I'm just gonna farm t5-6 maps, but normal ones, just for the leveling, and we'll see. Thanks again for your time !
"
Neendo wrote:
"
AquaFreeze wrote:
"
Neendo wrote:
Hello AquaFreeze !

Have a nice day/evening

+ Forgot to precise I was playing t8 RARE maps, and most of those maps have been fully cleared easily... Now I'm just gonna farm t5-6 maps, but normal ones, just for the leveling, and we'll see. Thanks again for your time !

No problem! You should see a difference soon, have fun :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info