Announcing the Emberwake Race Season!

Is it possible to get a Google Calendar export? That would help greatly. :D
Wow this is fast ! Not sure that's great actually?
Also only one month? No endless ledge? I might get 40 then.

Will be interesting to see how the racing has evolved with so many changes.
"
Fuglypump wrote:
Does emberwake reduce righteous fire self damage?

"
SnKArcbound wrote:
also does the ring reduce RF damage?

It doesn't. The affix says "80% less burning damage", which means "burning damage dealt by you", not "burning damage dealt to you". If it was reducing the damage dealt to the player, it would say so. Also, why would GGG introduce an item that would make it ridiculously easy to run RF on every single character?
Crit happens.
"
Sigh, unless the race points are significantly upped for races once again only a very small group of racers can achieve the top item. For most average racers, they will only qualify for the bottom three items and they are pretty ordinary. Ever since season 9 the reward format has been rubbish.

I'll be investing the minimum amount of time in this season to secure one or two of those two-stone rings and then I'll head back to the main game and won't even bother with the rest of the season.

The top item should only be achievable by top racers. That's why it's the top item. Average racers should end up with 3 (maybe 4) prizes out of 6.

I agree with the underlying premise which is that fewer rewards with the same points per race is pretty crappy, but to say that everyone should be able to achieve the top item or that average players should be able to achieve greater than average results is just silly.

I'd be all for the old 7,40,85,135 (or whatever it was) prize structure that packed an extra 1 or 2 in before the 250+ level.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
Watch parts of that vod made my brain hurt.

Chris get 10/10 patience.

RACE HYPE!
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate, it is that we are powerful beyond measure.
what does the emberwake race mod do? cant find it.
2.0 ain't no melee patch.
i like
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
They each have a theme (in this case, fire)

Dex/Int ammy, Cold/Lightning ring?

For fun, here's the full quote:

"Races are easy for new players to get into, so we wanted to rebrand them alongside The Awakening. They each have a theme (in this case, fire) and are named after their 1000-point Unique item reward."

Note that in each case the bolded pronoun refers back to the original, underlined, subject. The races in the season are themed, not the rewards.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
Last edited by Archwizard on Jul 16, 2015, 5:43:49 AM
"
Raycheetah wrote:
Racing is a GREAT way for less experienced players to learn some skills and get used to a tougher environment. After a coupla races with tough mods, basic play seems much easier. Plus, the prizes aren't bad. =^[.]^=

Well said! I know there are a lot of new players around, so if you're reading this far, please, give the race season a try. You can play as little or as much as you want, it only takes a few races (completed, you dont have to win, or even be in the top 1,000 to get points) to get the first two or three items as rewards.

It will also make the normal game look easy by comparison :)
That's the 4th race season in a row starting exactly with my first university exam and ending exactly on my last exam... I guess I won't get many points this time around too. Anyway looking forward to the Ember Mystery Box

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info