[3.4] "Size doesn't matter" - Double Strike Tank Guide [HC] Atziri/Izaro/Guardians/Shaper/Elder

"
Wohoo!! First shaper guardian down deathless!

I was not even in danger at any moment in the fight. This was the Hydra Guardian so I don't know if it was suppose to be very easy or not.

I specifically went in with no mods applied to map to make it easier on myself.

I picked up a bunch of T15 maps along the way so I will start working on those in the hopes for a T16 drop for different guardian.

I just beat the Minotaur Guardian but I did die 3 times trying. I used map mods (which was probably a mistake for my first time) but the real problem was not being able to figure out his burrowing fast enough.

In watching vids I think I am going to be able to handle Pheonix but I don't feel good about trying Chimera. That fight looks very long and too many ways to die.
To be very honest phoenix is in my opinion hardest, at least for this build. Naturally it all depends on map mods but mino is very physical mitigation heavy so it's a breeze, you should be able to facetank it with decent armor (except for burrows). Chimera is only annoying during adds phase but if you keep ancestral call and swap melee splash for ie. ruthless it should be fine. Hydra is relatively easy if you don't eat 2 consecutive frozen, big balls. and phoenix, well, phoenix is toughest but keep ancestral call to kill adds and...keep moving.

I am not entirely sure why you guys have problem with survi.
Consider these couple of layers

- huge armour
- arctic armour
- lion's roar with knockback
- attack speed to melt things quickly before they hit you
- innate regen coming from tree
- blood rage with leech
- immortal call wth 6 charges
- huge life pool in your cases (i had 5.2k and did guardians deathless and my gear was by no means better than yours, nor my skill:) )

The primary difference i notice is that i don't use 2, 3 setups but just one with swapping 1,2 gems.
There was no great genius without a touch of madness - Seneca (younger)

hehehehehehehehehehe - Niko the Mad
"
DissTurbo wrote:

I am not entirely sure why you guys have problem with survi.
Consider these couple of layers

I can't speak for the other guys but for me it has nothing to do with gear, it is all about lack of skill and knowledge of the mechanics.

I am trying to watch vids before hand but it does not prepare me well enough.

I am also dying less on this character than I have on any other character I have played, none of which made it to guardians so I am pretty pumped about that.
Would this build be a good choice for SSF? What kind of stuff should I keep in mind for doing that?
Chimera down deathless! It was much easier than I expected.

Now on to the last guardian, Phoenix. Sounds like it will be the hardest based on what DissTurbo advised.

I am very happy that I have done deathless on two out of the three guardians so far!
@DissTurbo when you are delving (non boss), what has been your Double Strike gem setup?
"
@DissTurbo when you are delving (non boss), what has been your Double Strike gem setup?

6l brass dome consists of VDS + maim + multistrike + melee physical damage + melee splash + ancestral call.

:)
There was no great genius without a touch of madness - Seneca (younger)

hehehehehehehehehehe - Niko the Mad
"
"
mozai1 wrote:
So, maybe someone can tell me how can i become more tanky? My hero equipped as shown in first post. Using nebuloch to boost survivibility, all jewels with resists, +7% hp each. I even have tried to replace abyssus to good hp + resistance helmet, but still keep dying while in delve.

what level in delve are you?

Most builds, including this one will fail in delve eventually.

Its only 230 and i keep progressing, but cannot reach level higher than 92 of my character, dying too much =(
I'm on xbox one so shopping is challenging. Do stats like (not global) increase critical strike % mods apply to main hand attack? I want to know for sure because a decent stat stick with 3 elder or shaper rolls just in offhand is like 3 exalt
Anyone got suggestions on how to prepare this build to farm Uber Lab? - I get one-shot by Izaro in the last phase when he has all the Elemental Attack buffs on him.

Are we able to tank it? - around how much HP would I be able to tank his full elemental buff-ed attacks?

Thanks

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info