[3.4] "Size doesn't matter" - Double Strike Tank Guide [HC] Atziri/Izaro/Guardians/Shaper/Elder

"
lootmonger wrote:
I'm on xbox one so shopping is challenging. Do stats like (not global) increase critical strike % mods apply to main hand attack? I want to know for sure because a decent stat stick with 3 elder or shaper rolls just in offhand is like 3 exalt

I am not 100% sure but on the stat stick, unless it says "Global" the crit strike will only effect the off hand weapon which means it won't effect your build.

As a rule of thumb, if it does not say Global when dealing with crit, I believe it is a local affix.
This is my first "real" play through of PoE and I've been really enjoying this build. I'm looking for some advice on what to work on next. I know I need to work on life and re-balancing resistances.

Any advice on what to work on next? One of my problems is that I can't really utilize arctic armor due to mana constraints (my main hand weapon causing 35 mana per swing)

https://pastebin.com/XeYBk0Lb
Last edited by Vharon on Oct 19, 2018, 1:46:41 PM
"
Vharon wrote:
This is my first "real" play through of PoE and I've been really enjoying this build. I'm looking for some advice on what to work on next. I know I need to work on life and re-balancing resistances.

Any advice on what to work on next? One of my problems is that I can't really utilize arctic armor due to mana constraints (my main hand weapon causing 35 mana per swing)

https://pastebin.com/XeYBk0Lb

* Hmmm. In looking through your tree and your stats, you should have absolutely no problems keeping Arctic Armour up with Hatred and Herald of Ash.

You have 52 mana left over after all three are active and your mana leech should be more than enough to cover each hit of double strike. To experiment with this, remove one skill point to the tree and add one more mana leech node. If that does not solve your issue, something else is going on.

*Out of curiosity, why do you have leap slam linked with Cast When Damage Taken when you already have a Whirling blades configuration?

*As long as you are keeping your Endurance charges up, you should not need to worry about resistances, you are fine there.

*One can never have enough life so that is always good to focus on when min maxing but be aware you are entering a spot where things can get VERY expensive for just a small return.

*When fighting bosses, do you swap out Melee Splash for something with a lot more damage? If not I would recommend that, it will boost your Double Strike DPS a ton against a single target.

*If there is no specific reason for leap slam in your set up, I would change things around so that you can have room to add Chance to Bleed to your Ancestral War chief. Once you do that, you let the War Chief be responsible for creating bleed on the boss and that can free up yet another gem slot in your Double Strike set up to significantly boost your single target damage.

*You have the chance to free up 4 passive nodes with some work. See if you really need either Versatility or Diamond Skin. Both of those are needed when leveling but typically those can be removed later in the game because they are covered on gear and those 4 nodes can put towards life (specifically the Constitution cluster).
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Oct 20, 2018, 2:54:05 PM
I was using Ahn's might as my main hand and vaal'd it... it bricked.

What should I use since I am starting it from scratch?
"
Sattisfaction wrote:

Why not just get another Ahn's Might? They are very cheap.
"
"
Sattisfaction wrote:

Why not just get another Ahn's Might? They are very cheap.

I did but I am looking for an upgrade, I have read back through this post and have not seen much discussion on it.
How do you inflict bleeding while using Bloodlust gem?
I just started mapping and have around 100c. What do you suggest I upgrade first? I'm thinking about a 5L brass dome.
Not sure if it's been already answered, but how does the separate skills set for DS one is single which is vaal, and other is clearing is normal DS, that mean we use vaal DS for single target only, or do do both normal and vaal on single target, and clearing with normal DS? sorry my english sucked, as I'm deaf, and hated english :), thanks for any tips!
Hey,
I'm getting a little bit expirienced in poe lately but i cant figure out why my build is dying on t6 maps. can somebody may help me improve my build? im happy for any help and comment!

Here is my build so far:

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info