[3.4] "Size doesn't matter" - Double Strike Tank Guide [HC] Atziri/Izaro/Guardians/Shaper/Elder

"
supersayame wrote:
How do i improve my gear? 6L chest? Better main hand? For a build this tanky, which content is best to farm for currency? What do you guys do?

pretty much yes to everything. 6l chest and better main hand will give you the biggest boost but also cost the most.

In the mean time, if you don't have a lot of cash, use the vendor recipe to turn all of your level 20 gems, back into level 1 gems with 20% quality and start re-leveling them.

Add quality to your flasks.

I have had fairly good luck with currency generation when delving. It also works great in leveling your gems again quickly. You can get them back to level 15 in no time and start reaping the benefits of the quality improvements.

consider removing enduring cry from your setup as you should not need it any more. you can replace it with chance to bleed for your Warchief and then remove chance to bleed from your Double Strike setup and add in multistrike for much more dps or ancestral call for more Aoe (you can try both and see what you like). During boss fights, drop the warchief near boss and let it help proc the bleed.

Also, if you use multi strike, you have an 83% chance to cause bleed on every hit of Double Strike, so chance to bleed gem is kind of wasted in the Double Strike gem setup, so take the extra dps if you can IMO.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Oct 5, 2018, 1:27:04 PM
Thanks for the reply! Didnt realise I could do some of the things you mentioned. Between the chest and the weapons, which one would be impactful? so I can upgrade that first. 6l chest will be around 4.5-5 ex, and the weapons will probably much more. I only have around 3.5 ex currently.

If you dont mind, I had a look through your profile to check for your gear, how much would your MH and OH cost? Would fossil crafting them be cheaper? If I were to follow what you did, even an i83 base (jewelled foil) will cost ~0.5ex to start, i80 base would be a bit cheaper though. Anyway, by doing this, single target damage would decrease but clearing packs would be much smoother, am I right? (Since single target DS will be pseudo 4l instead 5l, but dps from MH is high).

Sorry for the questions. But they really help. Thanks
"
supersayame wrote:
Thanks for the reply! Didnt realise I could do some of the things you mentioned. Between the chest and the weapons, which one would be impactful? so I can upgrade that first. 6l chest will be around 4.5-5 ex, and the weapons will probably much more. I only have around 3.5 ex currently.

If you dont mind, I had a look through your profile to check for your gear, how much would your MH and OH cost? Would fossil crafting them be cheaper? If I were to follow what you did, even an i83 base (jewelled foil) will cost ~0.5ex to start, i80 base would be a bit cheaper though. Anyway, by doing this, single target damage would decrease but clearing packs would be much smoother, am I right? (Since single target DS will be pseudo 4l instead 5l, but dps from MH is high).

Sorry for the questions. But they really help. Thanks

you need to upgrade both chest and the weapons to push late end game so upgrade them as you can afford them. A 6 link chest will add a ton of damage so at your current currency level, go for that first.

My main hand was 10ex. Off hand was 1.5ex (this still has room for upgrades).

I don't fossil craft so I can't give you any educated advice.
Alright, thanks for the reply. Now I have something to work for. Cheers
I killed all 4 Elder guardians deathless.

I easily killed the Elder but then some how died after he was dead with some one shot after death effect.

Live and learn I guess :)

Now to push towards Shaper guardians which I am expecting will be MUCH more difficult for me.
"
I easily killed the Elder but then some how died after he was dead with some one shot after death effect.

I havent seen Shaper or his guardians, let alone Elder. But, I read somewhere that Elder has the on death mechanics, and you have to run to Zana that appears on the bottom right side of the screen and get into her bubble. She will protect you from the blast
"
supersayame wrote:
"

I havent seen Shaper or his guardians, let alone Elder. But, I read somewhere that Elder has the on death mechanics, and you have to run to Zana that appears on the bottom right side of the screen and get into her bubble. She will protect you from the blast

Yeah, I read that after the fact. Oh well :)

The Elder is easier to get to than the Shaper. I still have plenty to go in my atlas to get to the shaper but was able to get the Elder (and his guardians) to show up on the atlas fairly easily.

Once you start mapping, you should start seeing your atlas look strange over some maps. Hover your mouse over those areas and you will see that they are Shaper influenced. Once you enter those maps, you will start the early interactions with the Shaper. Just follow Zana's quest for the shaper orbs to get started.
Hi exiles!

I am a noob and I would really much appreciate ANY advice on how to progress with my build.
I am farming T15/T16 maps but as soon as I enter any Shaper guardians they mostly one-shot me. Even Minotaur which is supposed to be a breeze with this build.

As it seems my survivability is not good at all.
Any help is greatly welcomed!

Here is the path of building: https://pastebin.com/RssCYb6v

Cheers and stay safe!
I am doing well with this build I have over 200k dps. I only really die on reflection mod maps. I was wondering if anyone could look at my gear and tell me what would be a nice dps increase.

Thanks for future replies
"
dadek182 wrote:
Hi exiles!

I am a noob and I would really much appreciate ANY advice on how to progress with my build.
I am farming T15/T16 maps but as soon as I enter any Shaper guardians they mostly one-shot me. Even Minotaur which is supposed to be a breeze with this build.

As it seems my survivability is not good at all.
Any help is greatly welcomed!

Here is the path of building: https://pastebin.com/RssCYb6v

Cheers and stay safe!

nebuloch effect = 200damage x 6 charges even with 75% resist is still quite a hit to survivability.
There was no great genius without a touch of madness - Seneca (younger)

hehehehehehehehehehe - Niko the Mad

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info