[3.3] TheAmigoShotz! -Lifebased Windripper Raider! Insane Clearspeed + Deathless Shaper!

"
daipanhalf wrote:
I've been playing this build on TSC and it's been great overall.

My problem has been single target/bosses, even with good gear (windripper, rats nest, two 6 links, etc).

Today I vaal'd a good quiver and got +1 arrow and thought it would help, but it seems the angle on frenzy makes it miss a lot and I'm not sure how I feel about it. Any thoughts on +arrow quiver, or single target in general?

A related mechanic question would be: on fat targets where both frenzy arrows hit do they both do damage?

Thanks for the guide!

you should try out the vaal burning arrow if you don't like frenzy :D

-also the projectiles can't both hit the same target no matter how fat the boss is xD

Merry Christmas
I make mirror tier items, I don't rlly play the actual game. Reddit hates me. I'm not cool.
Moved my Legacy Kaom / Grace build over to the new 2.1 tree and it works even better than before.

The leech nodes near the Duelist really improve it: replacing Blood Magic and Life Leech with Added Cold Damage and Faster Attacks improves the DPS a lot. I can still get by without a single target skill as the SA 6L does so much damage.

Am now about as strong as a lvl 90 Scion as I was as a lvl 99 Ranger (94k SA DPS with charges and golem, 7K life, 10K evasion), so there is still a lot of improvement to come (2 jewels and 5 life nodes).
I am taking the life+evasion nodes near ranger in preference to the elemental damage nodes near the shadow start: more defense.

Just switched my defence to high-level:
- Cast When Damage Taken
- Summon Ice Golem (saves me from having to re-summon)
- Vaal Grace (extra dodge and spell doge make me harder to hit)
- Enfeeble (as I run a lot of evasion, the loss in accuracy makes me even harder to hit)

Dear Maligaro,
I left my head in San Francisco, I lost my legs in Peru
My liver and kidney are on holiday in Sydney
And I am sending my Heart to you
--- Love, Malachai
Last edited by Flapdrol on Dec 26, 2015, 1:53:00 AM
"
Flapdrol wrote:
Moved my Legacy Kaom / Grace build over to the new 2.1 tree and it works even better than before.

The leech nodes near the Duelist really improve it: replacing Blood Magic and Life Leech with Added Cold Damage and Faster Attacks improves the DPS a lot. I can still get by without a single target skill as the SA 6L does so much damage.

Am now about as strong as a lvl 90 Scion as I was as a lvl 99 Ranger (94k SA DPS with charges and golem, 7K life), so there is still a lot of improvement to come (2 jewels and 5 life nodes).

Just switched my defence to high-level:
- Cast When Damage Taken
- Summon Ice Golem (saves me from having to re-summon)
- Enfeeble: as I run a lot of evasion, the loss in accuracy makes me even harder to hit

glad to hear you are back! :D
I make mirror tier items, I don't rlly play the actual game. Reddit hates me. I'm not cool.
"
TheAmigoBoyz wrote:
"
theoddphantom wrote:
How is the build with a non-leg Kaom's Heart with just SA/TS for single/multi target in a nonleg Windripper?

can't say cause i haven't tried it sorry

@Amigo: it is good to be back

@theoddphantom: it will suck.

1) The non-leg Kaom's Heart gives you about 1200 more life than a Daresso's, but you will miss out on the Endurance Charges / Immortal Call combo, which is huge.
A leg Kaom (which is what I am using) will give you 2700 more life than the Daresso and that makes it slightly better in defense against physical attacks, but hugely superior against physical spells (the bane of evasion characters).

2) The non-leg Windripper has mediocre crit. I am using a 2xLegacy Windripper, with non-perfect crit and that is already very noticeable (if I miss my crit twice in a row, I run out of mana and switch to standard attack for 1 or 2 attacks). This very likely means that you have to sacrifice 1 link for Blood Magic

3) Even with a legacy Windripper you need uber-gear to make SA really work as single target on the higher levels (79+). Gear with Weapon Elemental Damage, Flat Elemental Damage, high life rolls, accuracy (which you*really* need for crit builds), crit %, crit multi and resists (especially hard since Rat's Nest, Kaoms Heart and Maligaro/Atziri gloves contribute 0 to your resists, though jewels can provide some of the needed res) and last but not least it must support the 191 strength needed for Kaom's Heart and the intelligence needed for high level int gems.

I am using the following:

and most of my gems are 21/20. That gives me so much DPS that I could drop Wrath and run Grace instead, which does wonders for defense. But that (and the legendary Kaom) took me a year to accumulate.

So unless you have a very large stack of exalts lying around, I would go for a 6L Daresso (or 5L if you cannot afford a 6L) and work with Vaal Burning Arrow.
Dear Maligaro,
--- Love, Malachai
Last edited by Flapdrol on Dec 25, 2015, 6:33:40 PM
At the moment im debating what armour combo to go (in talisman) and was wondering if you could help.

Could you list the pros/con's between going daresso's vs hyrris ire + atziris step?

At the moment the dodge sounds more appearing to me with the atziris + hyrris combo, however im thinking it may be hard to cap resists considering i will only have two rings, a neck and a quiver left for those.

Also how important is the immortal call from daressos? Is it waaay better? Or is this more of a personal choice here, I haven't bought either yet so I would love some input, i will be getting a 5L of either, and atziri's step if i decide to go hyrri's.

EDIT: I am also worried that Hyrri's Ire gives no life.

EDIT Part 2: Also I am trying out vaal burning arrow, is the idea to walk up to them and shotgun them with it? Doesn't that put you in danger, especially with some harder hitting bosses.

Also if the 3 vaal shots don't kill the boss, should I have frenzy ready to swap into my gear? or just try split shot it down?
Last edited by bitbite11 on Dec 26, 2015, 7:33:51 AM
hi
I was wandering if atziri's splendour can be a decent for the build?
Did someone tested Blast Rain for single target?
Where does the life leech come from? Is it the nodes? Because blood rage only works for physical damage? At the moment my Vaal pact is useless.
"
bitbite11 wrote:
Where does the life leech come from? Is it the nodes? Because blood rage only works for physical damage? At the moment my Vaal pact is useless.

vitality void node chain on the very bottom of the skill tree leading into duelist area.

(edit: there's also a bug where it doesnt show up in your character sheet unless you already have life leech from physical, but it does still work reguardless)
Last edited by Tennian on Dec 27, 2015, 1:11:29 PM
What would be the best attack flask for this build?

1) Atziri's Promise with 15% MORE chaos damage

2) Vessel of Vinktar with 10% Lightning Penetration

3) Vessel of Vinktar with 25–105 to 35–125 lightning damage added to attacks

4) something else which I overlooked...

My guess is option #2 as at 78+ maps all mobs have high lightning resists and if, for example, something has 50 light res, and you penetrate 10% you effectively add 20% lightning damage.
Dear Maligaro,
--- Love, Malachai
Last edited by Flapdrol on Dec 28, 2015, 5:38:55 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info