[2.0] Mjolner life based Rainbownuke witch, !!Deathless 82 Core/Uber!!

@KainoNS
The amount of lost damage would be way too much. We should generate enough charges, try to spec in more power charges and you can see that power charges go up to 6-7 sometimes. We are abusing that fact so our amount of charges should still be around 4 even with the crit's since before we were ignoring the lost charges due to them not being easy to pick up on the tree. Now we are losing the inefficiency of the tree and trading it in for more damage. But more about that when it's live and we can safely assume ;p
Hey there guys,
So Im about to try this build for the first time once the patch hits, going to respec one of my chars on standard to see how it works.
Question is, I only have a shadow, witch or scion as options, so what subclass would you choose from that pool for this build ?

Thanks in advance.
Why is it so much a of a deal on lost charges due to non-discharge crit? Wouldn't those charges generate E charges to fuel the next discharge proc?I know it would be some DPS lost, but due to the E charges trade of shouldn't be that much...Or I'm terribly mistaken?
"
elpipi wrote:
Why is it so much a of a deal on lost charges due to non-discharge crit? Wouldn't those charges generate E charges to fuel the next discharge proc?I know it would be some DPS lost, but due to the E charges trade of shouldn't be that much...Or I'm terribly mistaken?

This build uses Romira's Banquet. It means that we lose all charges on critical strikes.
If discharge crit, we don't care since discharge already used all the charges, so there is nothing to waste.
If arc crits, we don't care either since discharge was used just before and again there are no charges to waste.
However, if molten strike crits, that means all power charges are lost and discharge won't be able to use them. In that case, they are not gained as endurance charge since they are lost and not consumed or expired.
My stream: https://www.twitch.tv/m_bison__
Last edited by wichtounet on Mar 1, 2016, 4:33:34 PM
"
wichtounet wrote:

This build uses Romira's Banquet. It means that we lose all charges on critical strikes.
If discharge crit, we don't care since discharge already used all the charges, so there is nothing to waste.
If arc crits, we don't care either since discharge was used just before and again there are no charges to waste.
However, if molten strike crits, that means all power charges are lost and discharge won't be able to use them. In that case, they are not gained as endurance charge since they are lost and not consumed or expired.

I was under the impression that even when PCs are lost due to Crit, Volls still generates ECs, at least it was like that sometime ago, it was tested then (see below post). But maybe that was changed. Couldn't find any patch notes or further info though.
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/1wgsil/quick_question_concerning_romiras_banquet_and/

Edit:
Found it :). So it seems Voll's do generate E charges when Romira's removes P charges :)
"
"
_Gaia_ wrote:
But my death is still very suspicious, because at the moment before the last IC, I still have 3 Power Charge, and with the Voll's Devotion, I should have gain 3 more Endurance Charges when I crit (which also proc IC), my IC should've gained at least 3-4 seconds of immunity, not just 1.

You had 3 Power Charges when your Immortal Call was cast, not 3 Endurance Charges. Romira's Banquet removes Power Charges (thus generating Endurance Charges with Voll's Devotion) after Cast on Crit spells are triggered, not before.
Last edited by elpipi on Mar 2, 2016, 8:23:07 AM
"
KaioNS wrote:
@husker3011

*And Im sad to see that Mjolner wont proc Mastermind of Discord from Elementalist =(
Inquisitor seems to be way better than Elementalist for elemental builds... lol

Hmmm how is that ? Do we have a clear confirmation of this ? Mjolner discharge proc is not considered as a skill use ?
I was thinking about getting a Witch Elementalist next season for my Mjolner discharge build, as a lot of discharge effect seems to go pretty well with elementalist talent. I was also thinking of playing with the 40% more elemental dmg for 8 sec after a crit, without getting any crit chance/multi on the tree or on my gear.

Don't ruin my plans :'(

What do you thinks guys is the best option (ascendanscy class) for this build (crit and non crit version) ?
"
elpipi wrote:
"
wichtounet wrote:

I was under the impression that even when PCs are lost due to Crit, Volls still generates ECs, at least it was like that sometime ago, it was tested then (see below post). But maybe that was changed. Couldn't find any patch notes or further info though.
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/1wgsil/quick_question_concerning_romiras_banquet_and/

Edit:
Found it :). So it seems Voll's do generate E charges when Romira's removes P charges :)
"
"
_Gaia_ wrote:
But my death is still very suspicious, because at the moment before the last IC, I still have 3 Power Charge, and with the Voll's Devotion, I should have gain 3 more Endurance Charges when I crit (which also proc IC), my IC should've gained at least 3-4 seconds of immunity, not just 1.

You had 3 Power Charges when your Immortal Call was cast, not 3 Endurance Charges. Romira's Banquet removes Power Charges (thus generating Endurance Charges with Voll's Devotion) after Cast on Crit spells are triggered, not before.

Thanks, I didn't know that.

So losing the power charges, is less though than I thought, but is still a loss for several reasons:

Discharge won't have higher crit chance granted by the power charges => Less DPS
It is very likely that the generated endurance charges (by Voll's Devotion) will go to waste because of the maximum number of endurance charges. Since the previous discharge cast did generate some EC, at least some of the lost PC will completely go to waste. Instead of having PC and EC, you'll have only EC => Less DPS.
My stream: https://www.twitch.tv/m_bison__
Hi guys

I am trying to say my cents to the 2.2 issue. While this Build didn't get any hard nerfs or even a nerf during the patches between 2.0 and 2.2 but buffs are just ridiculous in my point of view. The problem which caused by 2.2 is which Ascendency class to use.

The answer is relative easy; "whatever floats your goat", what i am trying to say is it depends on your personal kind of play and playstyle. Why?

First I start with Scion. We got two ascendency classes and two free skilltree points, which is kinda good for a Mjölner build since the requirements and mass pathing. The only class I'd take is the Pathfinder there, because we like flasks and the stats arent that bad, also 40 Dex at the start of it makes it good for our accuracy. The next is sort of hard to choose. Inquisitor got 120% crit chance overall and we dont like to crit with our Molten Strike due to Romira's.

Second is Inquisitor. The no res on crit brings the build to a whole new lvl and is a insane dmg boost. Which we need due to the lower starting for Templar rather than Which start but this node compensates all of it. But the only threat for this Build is the 100% chance to crit by monsters which aren't affected by satus ailments. This could be dangerously by hiting with molten strike and maybe we loose to fast the Power Charge.

The Witch has now a lower position in this Build. Since there are now really strong enough nodes to comprehend with other classes dmg and ehp vise. We dont need free Elemental Proliferation, Golems dont help us at all just defense and the dmg penetrate node won't be triggered by Mjölner cast (I am not quite sure but the wording says "when you used" so I am afraid). The other classes are useless although Bone/Offering etc. seems pretty nice but we are already full with the slots.

And for the last thing I made my mind is the Marauder. I looked through all the nodes and stayed by the Juggernaut with the nodes: Undeniable, Unbreakable and Unflinching. We get 1000 accuracy which helps our chance to hit and get 16% attack speed by 2 nodes. Also we can drop Unweavering Stance and are able to evade hits even when the chance is low with 5% due to Iron Reflexes. Also we get chance to generate an endurance charge on hit and an endurance charge even for free. The Juggernaut helps us alot even more with defense which I like.

The real problem for me is now the change to the resistance flasks. I am trying to get Barbarism for +1max fire res and Unyielding for reduced Crit dmg taken but the travelling makes it almost impossible. So I came up with a Marauder/Juggernaut idea for MoM EB IR crit Mjölner (w/o Barbarism though). Due to Juggernaut there is a free Endurance Charge and with tree it will be 5 Endurance Charge and 4 Power charges. I don't now what is better to make it 5/5 or 6/4 since Endurance Charges helps IC duration:
Spoiler

http://poeplanner.com/AAAAAwFhwfPjahZvFy-ApCSwjmT3prb6fIMppQQHTLOnCITZrrMFQkGW2sHvDlBHFCBQMO_r0B8gbsAabzsdFORRgh5AoMbYGF087_AfogAEsz38jM_2SL02R35lTRiRFE38S7yf-tKFMiFgES2PRlhjXz-E70V-Dlxq-r6nBS0uU3Tteu_TbxzcjxoB3FXGg9ua4EWdU1KVIC0fdPFYr2jyLJw8LYNfqW426K9sAecy0cau6-5FRwthYSHbC8Bm0PVEnlO7Z5uuPoPMd-Nko7XyNZJybGxGMgnYvf4Ktz6i6hLheA1GaX1zrQnLHtI4wAEGxg==

So I hope I could clarify some things but need help with tree, since I enjoy this build very much. Also I am looking forward of your opinion guys.

Nice regards and sorry for the wall of text.
"The effect of throwing the spiritual body is weakened." -Garena PoE TW, translated into english by Google.
@klerk

In my mind juggernaut is a not so good, both inquisitor and champion seem like a better choice.
With champion you free a slot on your chest (Fortify) and gain 10% attack speed and get a LMP, which is a way better damage increase than the +6% attack speed and 1000 accuracy, endurance charge is nice but that is only 2 points on the tree which weren't used before since people only used 4/4, while stats like fortify effect and armor/es boosts are worth as much or more.

Inquisitor is the only class that fixes the flask problems because with the doubled crit rate you can reliably use nerfed surgeons flasks with the effect mod to have maximum resistances again (I think?). Only problem is the number of generated power charges, while we might lose a power charge on average, the damage increase from inquisitor is so huge that even if we lose a powercharge on average the damage should still be insane.
Hi guys,

first of all: Thanks a lot to Viviere and Bootfish for this amazing fun build! :-)

I was thinking of Elementalist Which too, but Mark clarified in https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/459kc6/do_trigger_gems_coc_cwdt_etc_work_with_the/czwsnw1
that Mastermind of Dischord (20% elemental penetration) would not work with Mjölner and Discharge (no use of skill, it counts as triggered by Mjölner). An alternative could be to use Wild Strike instead of Molten Strike. I tried it out a bit, but it felt very clumsy.

Inevitable Judgement (ignore mobs resistance when crit) of the Inquisitor Templar should be one of the best damage boosts for the 'biggest' problem of this build: single target dps against bosses and rares with elemental resistances. If you could ever call it a 'weakness' MatrixFactor ;-)

Here are two additional thoughts for min-maxing:

1) Gaining +1 endurance charge, +1 power charge for more discharge damage to improve single target dps, +1% Life and 'Faith and Steel' (20% armour, 10% ES, +8 all res) with Intuitive Leap jewel and the 14% IAS nodes from Inquisitor I dropped the 'Beserking' and 'Scion Life Wheel' nodes. I still have to test it out, if it the +1 power charge doesn't counteract by losing all power charges too early.

2) With the (absolute rare?) Helm enchantment '3 additional Molten Strike Projectiles' you could switch GMP to 20q Additional Accuracy losing 1 of 7 projectiles. This would boost your accuracy from ~1300 (83% hit chance) to ~3250 (92% hit chance) by 10%, but would also increase the (disturbing?) crit chance for molten strike. But you have to use (expensive) IAS jewels

to compensate the IAS lost. Alternatively or in addition to IAS compensation there is a new Boots enhancement '16% increased Attack and Cast Speed if you've Killed Recently'.

Gear
Spoiler

Tree

As klerk stated out my biggest concern is the max res nerf to the flasks lowering max fire/lightning res by 5-6%, or 4% even with flask effect mod (which is 4 times the dmg when going from 99% to 95%). In my oppinion Pathfinder Ranger is too far away to travel. A partial solution could be taking more flask effect and aura effect nodes (Influence and Champion of the Cause) and/or maybe Conqueror's Potency jewel, but the opportunity costs for travelling and skipping other nodes would be too high to gain 2% max res. For Uber Atziri Flamebast you have to dodge anyways due to the 10% fire penetration. Perhaps more a matter of covenience, we will see in Core Map on Malachai smash ... ;-)
Last edited by WaerterKarl on Mar 20, 2016, 8:13:00 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info